Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Bucks vs. Indiana
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on December 5, 2017

They are wrestling at CVCA and I wonder if Nato makes his season debut plus 2 former 4x OH champs in Micah vs. Danishek.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on December 5, 2017

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"They are wrestling at CVCA and I wonder if Nato makes his season debut plus 2 former 4x OH champs in Micah vs. Danishek."

Could the Bucks blank IU? hmmmm...

Ben Watson added to this discussion on December 5, 2017

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"

"They are wrestling at CVCA and I wonder if Nato makes his season debut plus 2 former 4x OH champs in Micah vs. Danishek."

Could the Bucks blank IU? hmmmm..."

A colleague of mine who graduated from IU but doesn't know anything about wrestling asked me that question when he saw they were going to wrestle. I thought about it for about 15 seconds and then told him that if tOSU's starter at 125 wrestles, it's very likely IU doesn't win a match. Skatzka gave Bo a good match at B1G 10's last year. Micah won both of his matches over Danishek but both have been close. If tOSU wrestles its entire lineup, I do not see a win for IU. That's crazy to say about a B1G 10 team.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 5, 2017

I think Kyle is going to be in Iran this weekend, so OSU will have to go with his brother, I guess. But I don't think Indiana has a ranked 285 lb. guy.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 5, 2017

Quote from Ben Watson's post:

"

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"

Could the Bucks blank IU? hmmmm..."

A colleague of mine who graduated from IU but doesn't know anything about wrestling asked me that question when he saw they were going to wrestle. I thought about it for about 15 seconds and then told him that if tOSU's starter at 125 wrestles, it's very likely IU doesn't win a match. Skatzka gave Bo a good match at B1G 10's last year. Micah won both of his matches over Danishek but both have been close. If tOSU wrestles its entire lineup, I do not see a win for IU. That's crazy to say about a B1G 10 team."

Bucks full lineup is spectacular.
125: Nato #1
133: Pletcher #4
141: McKenna #6
149: Hayes #5
157: Micah #6/7
165: Campbell #9/12
174: Bo #3
184: Myles #2
197: Moore #1
285: Snyder #1

That lineup could shut out at least 60 teams in D1. In terms of rankings, Micah Jordan is your second worst wrestler. Your "bottom" wrestler just took 4th in Vegas.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 5, 2017

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

...In terms of rankings, Micah Jordan is your second worst wrestler. Your "bottom" wrestler just took 4th in Vegas."

That stat is just plain silly! (But on point.) We’re spoiled. Let’s recognize that and enjoy the ride.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on December 6, 2017

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

...In terms of rankings, Micah Jordan is your second worst wrestler. Your "bottom" wrestler just took 4th in Vegas."

That stat is just plain silly! (But on point.) We’re spoiled. Let’s recognize that and enjoy the ride."

That brings up a valid feeling I'm sure many of us have. They have such an embarrassment of riches it just feels kinda wrong to say any blue Chip caliber kid is "the worst of the bunch". An angle I don't think anyone considered as Coach Ryan and staff were putting the pieces together to build this monster lineup.

Brandon Sommers added to this discussion on December 6, 2017

Anybody making the trip to my alma mater on Sunday for the match?

William Danforth added to this discussion on December 6, 2017

I will be there with my camera. Friday and Saturday across the street at Walsh, Sunday at CVCA for OSU v IU. Thursday evenings stop in Streetsboro for a dual almost feels like an afterthought. Wrestling season is in full swing.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on December 10, 2017

The match is streaming free on the Ohio State wrestling facebook page.

► Add to the Discussion