Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: IRONMAN 2017
Matt Mace added to this discussion on December 9, 2017

Couple of quick comments.
Braxtpn Amos, Julian Tagg and Brecksville frosh, Victor Voinovich continue to impress me. I'm sure all are on Ralph's watch list. In fact, Amos just talked about training at the OhioRTC with Kollin and Kyle and how awesome that experience was. I have to believe we are the frontrunners to land the WV sophomore.

Buckeye recruits are doing great. Decaturs appear to be on a mission this year, both are in the semis. Malik Heinselman is very solid but not the juggernaut I thought he'd be, but still comfortably made the semis. Rocky Jordan squeeked through. Redlin lost a close one in OT. Don't know where Mattox is. Anyone have any insight?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Matt Mace added to this discussion on December 9, 2017

Is there anybody out there? Anyone watching these inredible semifinals?! J Tagg losta great match, Malik lost a great match and Jordan Decatur just lost a great match. So not great for future buckeyes (notice I include Tagg) but great matches none the less.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 9, 2017

I'm listening.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on December 9, 2017

A lot of 1s and 2s going down. The recruits mentioned are mostly juniors. Let’s see how they do in the consis. Jacob Decatur in the finals.

We will find something out about Amos, too. Golden is very good.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on December 9, 2017

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"A lot of 1s and 2s going down. The recruits mentioned are mostly juniors. Let’s see how they do in the consis. Jacob Decatur in the finals.

We will find something out about Amos, too. Golden is very good."

Glad you noticed.

Kidding. This kid has nearly my same name and wrestles the weight class i would wrestle. Suspicious--very suspicious!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 9, 2017

Mattox: our until next week. Assuming injury.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 10, 2017

Rocky Jordan and the smaller Decatur both win it as far as Buck recruits go. Heinselman 3rd. Jo Decatur 4th. Kid from Texas is 7th. Generally speaking, SPG wrestlers are really impressive. I don't know how many Stickleys there are but all seem pretty tough. One's starting for Iowa...another for Wisconsin. If I were any Ohio college, I'd have my recruiter camped out in Jeff Jordan's backyard.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on December 10, 2017

Is Rocky the biggest Jordan yet?

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on December 11, 2017

I tried to watch as many Flo videos as I could this weekend, here are a few things that stood out for me:

Carr and Silva- WOW. Would love to see either of those guys in Scarlet and Gray losing out on those guys hurts.

Was hoping to catch more of St. Eds super frosh Paddy Gallagher, appears he had a solid tourney.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but I was hoping to see more out of Heinselman as well. Rocky Jordan's stock is sure to rise after this weekend.

Overall team tourney Eds did about as well as I expected, the Blair and Graham dual should be a good one.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on December 11, 2017

I'm not sure what people were expecting from Heinselman. He was the 3 seed and finished 3rd. He beat the 16th ranked (Fenton) and 6th ranked (Tagg). He lost in overtime to the 4th ranked (Colaiocco) who beat the 2nd ranked (Melendez).

If anyone had a down tourney it would be Jordan Decatur, who was ranked 2nd and lost to the 12th and 7th ranked guys, although I wouldn't be worried about him.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 12, 2017

You can tell Malik is going to be a good college wrestler. He is very slick, I just think the strength at 120 isn't quite there yet, but it will be by time he gets to college. He just needed that strength to finish some of his leg attacks. He will be fun to watch.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 12, 2017

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"You can tell Malik is going to be a good college wrestler. He is very slick, I just think the strength at 120 isn't quite there yet, but it will be by time he gets to college. He just needed that strength to finish some of his leg attacks. He will be fun to watch."

Agree that he just needs to get bigger.

► Add to the Discussion