Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Cleveland State Open
Jeff Streu added to this discussion on December 19, 2017

The 184 bracket shows that CSU's Nick Corba medical forfeited in the quarterfinals to the eventual champ, as well as medical forfeiting in the consis. He had two pins leading up to that. Hopefully it's nothing serious - does anyone know if there was an injury in his earlier matches?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on December 20, 2017

Quote from Jeff Streu's post:

"The 184 bracket shows that CSU's Nick Corba medical forfeited in the quarterfinals to the eventual champ, as well as medical forfeiting in the consis. He had two pins leading up to that. Hopefully it's nothing serious - does anyone know if there was an injury in his earlier matches?"

He may have left -- it was a LONG day. Tanner wrestled 5 matches, but his second match didn't happen until shortly after 2pm - tourney started at 9 AM. Kaleb's first match happened after Tanner's second.

I had some serious bleacher butt!!

"The 184 bracket shows that CSU's Nick Corba medical forfeited in the quarterfinals to the eventual champ, as well as medical forfeiting in the consis. He had two pins leading up to that. Hopefully it's nothing serious - does anyone know if there was an injury in his earlier matches?"

He may have left -- it was a LONG day. Tanner wrestled 5 matches, but his second match didn't happen until shortly after 2pm - tourney started at 9 AM. Kaleb's first match happened after Tanner's second.

I had some serious bleacher butt!!

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on December 20, 2017

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

I had some serious bleacher butt!!"

Yes, it was a long day, but why would he leave a tournament that his own team is hosting? The Old Dominion guys left early and medical forfeited some matches, but that's because they had a 8 hour drive ahead of them and a dual on Tuesday. I guess Corba could've had a good reason for leaving and that's none of my business, but I'd be surprised if a DI coach let one of his wrestlers leave early when they're hosting.

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on December 20, 2017

Just checked the CSU website, and their recap of the tournament said this about Corba: "Unfortunately, a medical issue then cropped up, forcing him into medical forfeits in his next two bouts."

CSU doesn't compete again until the Southern Scuffle, so hopefully he's good to go by then.

"

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

I had some serious bleacher butt!!"

Yes, it was a long day, but why would he leave a tournament that his own team is hosting? The Old Dominion guys left early and medical forfeited some matches, but that's because they had a 8 hour drive ahead of them and a dual on Tuesday. I guess Corba could've had a good reason for leaving and that's none of my business, but I'd be surprised if a DI coach let one of his wrestlers leave early when they're hosting."

“Headpalm”. Totally overlooked he wr stows for CSU. 🤣

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2