Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Discussion Topic: Iowa v Ohio State
Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on January 15, 2018

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

Quote from Patrick Niemann's post:

"Thanks for the optimistic prediction sure to go wrong Mike."

HA HA HA!!!!!!! Niemann calls the bitter one on his #KissOfDeath. Classic.

I know this - each match (sans 133) - will be highly contested and GREAT for us fans..."

Ok, first off Pat, I take no responsibility for anything that might go wrong due to me picking the Buckeyes to dominate. Secondly, I think the hesitation of some Buckeye fans is telling about the culture of college wrestling (everywhere but Iowa and Penn State). This isn’t 1995, Ohio State is better than Iowa. They’re a better dual meet team, they’re a better tourney team. They have better athletes and better technique. The dream of Ohio State wrestling fulfilling its potential has been realized. AA contenders at every weight class...legit title contenders at half the weight classes.

I do slightly disagree with Mark on all the bouts be being super competitive. I think five (or six or even all seven) of tOSU’s wins will be fairly dominant.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jared Ball added to this discussion on January 16, 2018

Regarding the Spencer Lee gassing synopsis that I see a lot of people posting about. I think most would agree that Lee wrestles at a pretty intense pace, but he does have a track record of running out of juice late in matches. The Picconinni match only mirrored that of what we saw against Bresser, and even against Desanto in his final high school bout. I think Lee can score on anyone, but this is NATO. Tight early, maybe Spencer even takes a lead, but Nate beats him up in the third. Major by NATO.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on January 17, 2018

Anyone see the Tom Brands interview after Okie State? Basically, he says they are trying to get to the place where Ohio State and Penn State are. That's overt, not tacit. Equates to we are very good but not that good. I do think the Buckeyes will perform like MRod is onto. Best Buckeye team ever. Not just that but this is one of those all time NCAA lineups.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on January 21, 2018

Starting at 125 with Nate and Spencer.

Feeling each other out with some ties, Nate in on a single, but Spencer works himself free. No fear from the freshman, going after the two on ones.

Spencer differs, Nate chooses down. Spencer almost sucks Nate in for back points early and ouut of bounds after Nate gets back to his feet. Restart, Nate up again and a hard mat return. Spencer riding hard and keeping Nate neutralized and he rides Nate out.

Last edited by Nicholas Sestito on January 21, 2018; edited 1 time in total

Option start and Spencer has the escape and riding time. Nate gets a single for the two and escape. In on another but stays OU t of it. Nate takes a 3-2 loss.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on January 21, 2018

Well that sucks.

133 with Luke Pletcher and Paul Glynn. Luke slides him by for 2. Paul gets himself to his feet but Luke gets another takedown. Working a bow and arrow and stopped for potentially dangerous. End of the 1st 4-1

Optional start for Lumen 4-2. Short offense...back to their feet and tieing up. Duck under for another 2 by Pletcher and he's got riding tine locked up securely, out of bounds. 6-2

Luke quickly up to his feet and out. Paul in on a takedown, some funk, stalemate. Luke shutting him down, stalling on Luke. Low single N but time is out, 8-2

141 Joey McKenna and Carter Happel. Joey got the single and 2 early. Out of bounds. Option start and escape. Double into a single for McKenna, another takedown. Hand control working Happel over eventually stopped for potentially dangerous. Let's him up again. Stalling on Happel, amother single and takedown along with 2 nearfall.

2nd period, Happel shoots on a single, Joey wizzers and stalemate. Single and another 2. End of 2nd, 10-2, has riding time.

On their feet again, Joey shoots a Single and go finishes. Joey stays tight on him, working tilt but nothing, 13-2 win.

149, Ke-Shawn Hayes and Brandon Sorenson. Hayes staying out of the ties. Hayes attempts a duckunder nothing there. Trying to keep it close, but he's going to get hit with stalling. Sorenson dropping to his knee trying to get in, nothing. End of 1st.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next