Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Ohio State at Penn State tickets
Deven Dittrich added to this discussion on January 17, 2018

I have access to 2- possibly 4- tickets to the Ohio State match at Penn State's Rec Hall (my son has an ice hockey game that I'm choosing to attend instead - even though he wants to skip the game and go to the match). Section W2L (facing the jumbotron/scoreboard). Rather than try to sell them on Seat Geek or Stub Hub, offering them to Buckeye and Nittany Lion boards might better reward those of us who put the "fan" in "fanatic".

If you've never been to Rec Hall, it's a good venue for a match. Fair warning: there will be 6,000 Penn State fans filling the place and only about 200 Ohio State fans relegated to an upper corner of the venue in Section S5. It should be a special match though, with 8 former NCAA champs expected to be in the lineups and probably 17 of the 20 wrestlers being ranked in the top 10. Undoubtedly, one of these two teams will win the NCAA's this year, as they have for the past seven seasons.

Prices on StubHub/SeatGeek are exorbitant and not worth what people are asking IMO. Since there is a pretty strong demand for tickets to this match, though, I wouldn't mind making a bit of profit over face value but I have no clue what a fair price is. If interested, make me an offer via PM. Hopefully, the tickets will be sold by the end of the weekend

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Gregory Martin added to this discussion on January 17, 2018

Devin I will buy them 2 or 4 PM sent

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on January 17, 2018

Quote from Gregory Martin's post:

"Devin I will buy them 2 or 4 PM sent"

Kinda difficult to bid against a team dad. lol Have fun at the match!~ :) Go Bucks

Deven Dittrich added to this discussion on January 17, 2018

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"

Quote from Gregory Martin's post:

"Devin I will buy them 2 or 4 PM sent"

Kinda difficult to bid against a team dad. lol Have fun at the match!~ :) Go Bucks"

Agreed.

The number of tickets allocated to the visiting team never appears to be much but this match really magnifies that. With the Buckeyes having so many starters hailing from areas within a 5 hour driving distance - coupled with this being one of the greatest matches (on paper) in the last couple of decades - makes for a bit of an imbalance with supply and demand for the scarlet and grey.

Chris Chidlaw added to this discussion on January 18, 2018

Quote from Deven Dittrich's post:

"I have access to 2- possibly 4- tickets to the Ohio State match at Penn State's Rec Hall (my son has an ice hockey game that I'm choosing to attend instead - even though he wants to skip the game and go to the match). Section W2L (facing the jumbotron/scoreboard). Rather than try to sell them on Seat Geek or Stub Hub, offering them to Buckeye and Nittany Lion boards might better reward those of us who put the "fan" in "fanatic".

If you've never been to Rec Hall, it's a good venue for a match. Fair warning: there will be 6,000 Penn State fans filling the place and only about 200 Ohio State fans relegated to an upper corner of the venue in Section S5. It should be a special match though, with 8 former NCAA champs expected to be in the lineups and probably 17 of the 20 wrestlers being ranked in the top 10. Undoubtedly, one of these two teams will win the NCAA's this year, as they have for the past seven seasons.

Prices on StubHub/SeatGeek are exorbitant and not worth what people are asking IMO. Since there is a pretty strong demand for tickets to this match, though, I wouldn't mind making a bit of profit over face value but I have no clue what a fair price is. If interested, make me an offer via PM. Hopefully, the tickets will be sold by the end of the weekend"

If you still have tickets please contact me ASAP at 440-452-9253
Or you can email me at chrischidlaw@yahoo.com

Thanks
Chris Chidlaw

► Add to the Discussion