Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: A bit of advice 😀
Gregory Martin added to this discussion on January 24, 2018

Have any of you ever looked around just to see what folks are talking about on other forums? If you haven't I got some advice for you, DON'T!! 😀😀😀😀 A friend a mine who does asked me the other day do I ever read other wrestling forums and I said no basically Flo and here, so he said if you want to laugh check some out when you got free time so I did but that will be my last 😀. The things I see that people say about my son and other kids is truly hilarious but sad at the same time. I'm certainly glad he doesn't read this stuff, Some of these folks know more about wrestling then Ryan, the Brands and Cael combined 😀!! Myles has had a great year so far with several tech falls, pins and majors so many of his matches didn't go the distance so he hasn't went deep into the 3rd period much this year.like many kids. Do people honestly think some of these kids that never go deep Into the 3rd will look the same in the 3rd? The other day he came out on fire and racked up a ton of 1st period points and slowed down some so does that mean he has gas tank issues? 😂😂😂😂 He could of played defense like many does but he kept wrestling and shooting, by the way that was the 1st take down he gave up this entire season and he was pissed, 1st thing he told me after his match was he was going to make himself as tired as he can possibly get and push as hard as he can at practice because he assesses what he needs to work on after every match. Sorry so long but man some of these forums have so many experts that Ohio State should fire Coach Ryan, Penn State should fire Cael, and Iowa should fire the Brands and hire them 😂😂😂😂

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 24, 2018

Amen.

I certainly hope no wrestlers ever take forums seriously. It's just fans and wannabees having a discussion. We almost never have the info the wrestlers and coaches have.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on January 24, 2018

Mr Martin...when you say “forums”, are you including this one?

No I come on here from time to time and read. The difference between this one and most is folks on here use their names which keeps its respectful. I realize people will always have opinions when it comes to sports but some of these clowns on other forums are, oh nevermind I can't even find a word to describe them 😀 But you get the point

Matt Mace added to this discussion on January 24, 2018

One of the criticism I've had about this forum is also one of the best things about it. It is hard to actually set up an account. As Hank has mentioned before, it isn't an exclusivity thing, it's just that the site is outdated. This keeps people from popping on here and spouting off about non-sense. They eventually lose interest and head over to the other board where drama is the norm and it's easy enough to set up multiple anonymous accounts and troll!

I'm so thankful for dot net! Almost always civil and mostly knowledgeable. Thank you users.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on January 24, 2018

Mr Martin...Good to hear. I know we have spirited discussions on here, but I think we try to keep things respectful. I know I wasn't always that way in the past, but I've made an effort to be more aware that the actual people we talk about might read this stuff.

Matt...I'm with you. We need to increase numbers. Then this place would be perfect.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on January 24, 2018

I think another thing about this site that's different is that even if we criticize, it's not done out of spite, hate, or any mean-spiritedness (if that's even a word).

Nameless fans are idiots. After Philly destroyed my beloved Vikings on Sunday - some nameless Philly fans were seen in the streets holding up "F*&$ Millie" banners.

For those that don't know, Millie is a 100 year old woman who was a lifelong Vikings fan and was able to attend their home divisional round playoff game.

So when there is no accountability, there is foolishness / evil / etc.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on January 24, 2018

Gregory:

If the only critique about Myles is a gas tank issue that very mild. I also don’t think it’s true, either.

People only want to watch the cat toy with the mouse for so long before they want the mouse put out of its misery. Myles just didn’t put Bowman out of his misery.

Too many anonymous posters love to tear people down rather than have the strength to build themselves — and others — up. That is a big problem with society now.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on January 24, 2018

Another component here is the quality and depth of posters. Hank is a known commodity in NE Ohio and sells world famous briskets. If that doesn't scream wrestling guy, nothing does! Brady coached Mechanicsburg for years and has had personal skin in the game forever. Rex is probably the most highly respected, as a Buckeye himself. He provides insight most of the world doesn't have and first rate analysis of technique. I could go on and on with the folks that post on the dot net. Cream of the crop here. In case you need further introductions, here ya go...

http://ohiowrestling.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5330&highlight=introductions

My point stands though. The Dot Net isn't a bunch of coach dads rambling on about how their little Johnny tech falled 4x state champions and All-Americans when they were back in third grade. It's quality people here. Real wrestling people!

Unfortunately, there's not enough time to give a shoutout to all the "big name" wrestling folks here.

I had to hit edit. It's impossible to talk about the quality wrestling folks here without mentioning Niemann! 4x Sectional Qualifier! Monster! Legend! :)

Roe

It was other things that I just didn't care to touch on and I agree it was very mild. Actually pretty funny to me. However some of the stuff that folks post was sickening to me. We come from a pretty rough area where we have thick skin so I'm not the type to lose any sleep but some of those people should get a life rather then to bash young hard working men on forums all day regardless of what school you cheer for!!!

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on January 25, 2018

Greg:

I am sure that Myles and your family had a hard decision where to go for his college wrestling. I am glad that Myles chose OSU.

From everything that I have seen, he has been nothing but a class act, a hard worker, and exudes talent. As has been said by other posters, I believe his best is yet to come as he has settled into his weight and continues to develop technique.

It has been a joy, and I expect another year and a half of the same!

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on January 25, 2018

Greg,

How did the football season go for your team this year? Did they make the playoffs?

Gregory Martin added to this discussion on January 25, 2018

Pat

Actually it wasn't hard at all, Myles knew instantly that he wanted to be apart of the Buckeyes, he didn't even want to wait to commit but I made him wait. Best decision he ever made in his life on and off the mat. I tell people stories that have kids in other programs and they can't believe the culture at tOSU. There is a lot of discisioms we make in life that maybe wrong but sometimes you know your heart right away that you nailed it and that was one of those times. The wrestling is great but I could not ask for my son to be around better men!!!

Our football team lost in the finals but we had a decent year, Return a lot next year

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on January 26, 2018

I don’t have much to add except, I’m very thankful Myles chose Ohio State!

► Add to the Discussion