Discussion

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

Check the latest updates on Twitter at: @OWNetwork

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Iowa v UM
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 28, 2018

Also an excellent match. Lee crushed Mattin and Micic beat up Iowa 133. The other 8 bouts were tight. Kemmerer didn't wrestle though his back up kept it close with Panataleo. Key bout was 197 with Beasley over Wilcke 6-5. UM won 19-17

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jack Muni added to this discussion on January 28, 2018

What was your take on the 285 match? It looked like a Greco match to me, no one wanted to commit to a leg attack. Both guys had pretty good cardio though. Should be interesting for Snyder who like to shoot the leg attacks & high crotch, you don't want to get stuck under either of these two.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 28, 2018

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"What was your take on the 285 match? It looked like a Greco match to me, no one wanted to commit to a leg attack. Both guys had pretty good cardio though. Should be interesting for Snyder who like to shoot the leg attacks & high crotch, you don't want to get stuck under either of these two."

Agree that is was greco. I'm surprised Iowa didn't put Stoll out there against Snyder. Stoll is fine. Healthier than most guys.

The 141 bout was fantastic. Same for 197. I thought Wilcke would win when he hit inside trip but Beasley kept Wilcke's arm even when he fell to mat. I thought that showed an amazing mat presence.

Matt Schein added to this discussion on January 28, 2018

The duel last night confirmed my dislike for Iowa wrestling, I found myself rooting for Michigan. The heavy match went pretty much how I figured. I told
My some it will end up 3-1 or 3-2. If Kemerer wrestles, the outcome would
Have probably been different, but good duel anyway

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on January 28, 2018

At the Iowa-OSU match I randomly sat next to an older gentleman that said he was on old HS coach (retired). From Parma, wrestled for Miami OH. Very interesting.

He was in awe of Snyder. Said he has watched all of his matches online. Said that "he makes the opponent wrestle with weights on his neck, and maintains position late in matches when his opponent has nothing left."

I asked "so, how would you try to beat him?" He said something to the effect of "well, whatever your strategy, it is a real long shot, but I'd try to throw him before I tried to win with leg attacks and defense. Maybe catch him up top. Especially a bigger 285 that could body lock and overpower him."

Thought it was an interesting strategy. One that Coon could possibly be suited to employ.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on January 30, 2018

not beting on Coon but huge Coon capable of beating Snyder, throw him or turn him from top.

Nice win for Michigan, congrats Joe McFarland from N Olmsted Ohio--- thats Joe's 3rd win in Carver-Hawkeye, not bad, i don't think Ohio St has ever won there.

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on February 11, 2018

Quote from Freddy Carr's post:

"At the Iowa-OSU match I randomly sat next to an older gentleman that said he was on old HS coach (retired). From Parma, wrestled for Miami OH. Very interesting.

He was in awe of Snyder. Said he has watched all of his matches online. Said that "he makes the opponent wrestle with weights on his neck, and maintains position late in matches when his opponent has nothing left."

I asked "so, how would you try to beat him?" He said something to the effect of "well, whatever your strategy, it is a real long shot, but I'd try to throw him before I tried to win with leg attacks and defense. Maybe catch him up top. Especially a bigger 285 that could body lock and overpower him."

Thought it was an interesting strategy. One that Coon could possibly be suited to employ."

That coach was spot freaking on. Wonder who it was?

► Add to the Discussion