Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Prayers up for Jason Nolf
Gregory Martin added to this discussion on January 28, 2018

Although I want the Bucks to beat PSU I must send prayers up for the young Lion. Unlike some fans willing to win at any cost I hate to see any kids get hurt regardless of team and I wish all the best for the young Lion. He seems like a great kid.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on January 28, 2018

What happened?

Roe Fox added to this discussion on January 28, 2018

Leg twisted in a scramble with Rutgers. Defaulted and limped off. I don’t think that was dirty but Rutgers was certainly willing to push the rules a little today.

To Greg’s point, never want to win because of an injury. Plus, Nolf seems like a great kid.

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on January 28, 2018

Hope it’s not too serious.
I want to win but not at the expense of a great kid being injured.

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on January 28, 2018

Agreed. I want the Buckeyes to win, but winning by virtue of PSU losing one of their stars is not the way we want to win. Nolf has a chance to be one of the NCAA greats, and I don't want him to miss the post-season.

According to Yappi it was a knee injury.

Gregory Martin added to this discussion on January 28, 2018

I was at the match behind PSU bench , he was not able to put any pressure on it and was carried to the locker room

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on January 28, 2018

Yeah, I just saw it. Didn't really look dirty but that just wrenches your stomach to even think about. Definitely hope the kid is fine and the Bucks get their best shot. In this case it's PSU week so the consequences of it will be evident immediately. Definitely in my thoughts, Jason Nolf.

Matt Mace added to this discussion on January 28, 2018

http://video.btn.com/penn-state-at-rutgers-wrestling-highlights
watch this clip at 1:00 or 1:01 (you can manually move the clip frame by frame). Nolf's knee is on the mat and you can see a ligament "pop". I really pray that it isn't serious, I also want to beat PSU's best team.
With that said, Nolf almost always wrestles with a ferocious intensity pushing the limits of his body and and the bodies of his opponents.

John Ice added to this discussion on January 29, 2018

I hope this injury turns out to be not too serious. The Buckeye’s don’t need an * When the when the team title.

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on January 29, 2018

Some on the Penn State boards are suggesting it was just a knee cap dislocation and Nolf will be back in time for Big10's.

I hope they are right.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on January 29, 2018

I don’t see how the Buckeyes winning with Nolf out warrants an asterisk. TOSU has its own health problems with Nate and Bo.

Injuries are part of the equation and team depth frequently plays a part in team championships. I would prefer Nolf be fine but that would not cheapen the title in my opinion.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 29, 2018

Quote from John Ice's post:

"I hope this injury turns out to be not too serious. The Buckeye’s don’t need an * When the when the team title."

I've seen plenty of individuals win state titles in high school who were not the best wrestler at the weight. Injuries....bad officiating....illness...someone's got to win.

John--do you remember Ron Cantini from Fairview? Got called for an illegal move at state and it cost him the title. It was a garbage call too. He had a single, swept the leg and his opponent landed hard and cracked his collarbone.

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on January 29, 2018

Penn State board say no surgery for Nolf. Physical Therapy.
Not sure whether he will be back in time for Big10 tourney or even NCAA.
Cael could keep him out knowing he would receive an at-large bid.
Good news for that young man.
Time will tell whether we see him in Cleveland. Hope we do but I’m skeptical he will be at 100%.

William Danforth added to this discussion on January 29, 2018

Link to Article
https://bwi.rivals.com/news/sanderson-comments-on-the-injury-of-NCAA-champ-jason-nolf

Jerry Des Forges added to this discussion on January 29, 2018

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

Quote from John Ice's post:

"I hope this injury turns out to be not too serious. The Buckeye’s don’t need an * When the when the team title."

I've seen plenty of individuals win state titles in high school who were not the best wrestler at the weight. Injuries....bad officiating....illness...someone's got to win.

John--do you remember Ron Cantini from Fairview? Got called for an illegal move at state and it cost him the title. It was a garbage call too. He had a single, swept the leg and his opponent landed hard and cracked his collarbone."

Hank I had heard (maybe I was wrong) that the same thing had happened to Pat Hoy of Fairview. Maybe I got stories crossed. I see Pat from time to time as he is the HR Director for the Parma City School District. I used to work with him when he was still teaching and I was coaching at Valley Forge. I could have swore something similar happened to him- but never thought it was something to bring up.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next