Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Topic: Bucks vs. PSU
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on January 29, 2018

Some of the wind is gone with Nolf injury but still some great matches.

125- Nato by MD or Tech
133- Pletcher by Dec. but needs the MD
141-McKeena vs.Lee Lee tore up Thorn but only beat Rutgers kid 5-2 so this is a toss up
149- Hayes vs. Zain- Zain by MD or Pin
157- Micah vs. Friery or someone else? Would they bump Zain up?
165- Campbell/Burcher vs. Joseph - PSU by MD
174- Bo vs, Hall - Tossup
184- Martin vs. Nickal- Bo barely won his last 2 matches but this is a toss up
197- Moore vs. Shakur/Cessar - I know the PSU folks think Shakur can pin Moore but I don't see it.
285. Snyder vs. Nevills - Snyder by MD

125- OSU -5-0
133- OSU -8-0
141- PSU-8-3
149- PSU 8-9
157- OSU 11-9
165-PSU 11-13
174-PSU 11-16
184- OSU 14-16
197- OSU 17-16
285.- OSU 21-16 Bucks win

Add to the discussion and quote this      

John Herren added to this discussion on January 29, 2018

Looks good at 21-16. But if Nickal wins its now 19-18.

Can Snyder get a pin if needed? He def can get the tech if he has too for that extra point.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on January 29, 2018

Need 6 from NATO.

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on January 30, 2018

Let me play "Worst Realistic Case Scenario"

125- NaTo by MD 4-0
133- Pletcher DEC 7-0
141- Lee DEC 7-3
149- Retherford FALL 7-9
157- Micah DEC 10-9
165- Joseph FALL 10-15
174- Hall DEC 10-18
184- Nickal DEC 10-21
197- Moore DEC 13-21
285- Snyder MD 17-21

"Worst Realistic Case Scenario" we lose a close match.

125- I could see NaTo with a TF
133- I could see Pletcher with a MD
141- I could see McKenna winning
149- I could see Hayes avoiding the FALL
157- I could see Micah with bonus pts
165- I could see Campbell/Burcher avoiding the FALL
174- I could see BoJo winning
184- I could see MyMar winning
197- I could see Moore with a MD

I think we win a close dual but Cael will have the boys ready to fight at home.

Guy Trinetti added to this discussion on January 31, 2018

This is going to be GREAT. I can't wait to see how it plays out in several weights. Even though the dual is important and I would love to see the Bucks win, I think it is more important to appropriately use this to set up success down the road. In every key match up we need to find what works, what doesn't and how to game plan for victories in March

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on January 31, 2018

Where can we watch it online/television?

Ron Hreha added to this discussion on January 31, 2018

Saturday at 8pm on Big Ten Network (BTN)

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on February 1, 2018

https://twitter.com/Snyder_man45/status/958715281286844421?s=17

Oh yeah, it's on.

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on February 1, 2018

I just hope they have a non-homer referee for this dual. I have watched some PSU Rec Hall duals and the crowd seems to have been able to influence the ref fairly strongly.

Ben Watson added to this discussion on February 1, 2018

I went back and watched the Myles vs Nickal B1G 10 semifinals match from last year. A number of the PSU contingent seems to think Myles "caught" Nickal in that match. That's just not true. Myles out wrestled him. Myles' body lock only garnered him 2 points. No back points were awarded even though there probably should have been 2 backs. Myles also took him down with a low double and had 57 seconds of riding time. Absent the B1G 10 pin of Myles during his freshman year, he has been able to get out on Nickal without much issue. I like Myles in this match and he doesn't have to "catch him" to win.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on February 1, 2018

Bonus points will be huge for this dual. Could anyone give me some insight on who Penn St would most likely be suiting up at 157?

For some reason I thought Manville was older than this being his true freshman year. Does Penn St have any other studs non-redshirted that would give Micah a match 149-165? Would hope whoever Penn St throws out there Micah could and at least major.

Ben Watson added to this discussion on February 1, 2018

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"Bonus points will be huge for this dual. Could anyone give me some insight on who Penn St would most likely be suiting up at 157?

For some reason I thought Manville was older than this being his true freshman year. Does Penn St have any other studs non-redshirted that would give Micah a match 149-165? Would hope whoever Penn St throws out there Micah could and at least major."

Bo Pipher who is 7-9 or Jared Gardner who is 6-4. Both are redshirt freshman that have competed mainly in opens. I expect Micah can bonus both. If he gets on his horse early, he might be able to secur a tech fall

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 1, 2018

Who's going 165 for the Bucks? I expect it will be Campbell but that's my guess.

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on February 1, 2018

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Who's going 165 for the Bucks? I expect it will be Campbell but that's my guess."

In Tom Ryan's interview yesterday he said Campbell will have to step up for this dual.

He also said the plan was for Burcher to wrestle against Purdue even before the MSU dual.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on February 1, 2018

Thanks Ben, I looked up each wrestler and I think PSU will go with Pipher.

Here goes nothin'.....

125: NATO tech. PSU 125 is not that great, even if Kuhn is wrestling my decision won't change. 5-0 OSU.

133: Pletcher dec. Bonus could be had here but I think Keener plays it safe and we all know Pletcher's style of wrestling. 8-0 OSU.

141: Lee dec. This kid has really impressed me so far. I think he controls McKenna the entire match- gonna go 9-4 decision. 8-3 OSU.

149: Zain maj dec. This was honestly the most difficult match for me to predict. We all know Zain might be the #2 best P4P NCAA wrestler at this time; can Hayes defend enough of Zain's shots on his feet? Hayes has really impressed me on the top position- could he ride Zain out at all? Please don't choose bottom. 8-7 OSU.

157: Jordan maj dec. I'm sure whomever PSU sends out will be a formidable opponent, I see this being a takedown clinic for Jordan, I think this is Jordan's night to shine inside Rec Hall. 12-7 OSU. Again, please don't choose bottom.(Rec Hall might explode if they pull Manville's redshirt)

165: Joseph maj. Campbell. I think OSU goes with Campbell here- Mainly because he'll stay off his back and may have a chance for a cheap tilt or two over Joseph. I still don't think that'll be enough as Joseph scores a couple TD's, gets a ton of RT and 2-3 stall points (First time home crowd comes into play). Will be very close to a tech fall. 12-11 OSU.

174- Hall dec. My most anticipated match of the night. I think this will be a 5-3 dec for Hall. BOJO won't be able to get anything going against Hall but will be stronger come March. 12-14 PSU.

184- Nickal dec. Pretty much the same scenario for BOJO. Myles will get him come March, just not at Rec Hall with the dual so close. 12-17 PSU.

197- Moore dec. Rasheed should be a no-brainer here for PSU to go with Rasheed. I think Moore's consistent attacking style will keep him out of trouble. Rasheed wont be able to get that cradle on Moore. 15-17 PSU.

285: Snyder maj dec. Snyder all business here. TD, pressure on the head, release, td, repeat. Snyder wastes no time going for the cow catcher, points points, points. Nevills is good enough to avoid a tech. 19-17 OSU.

Can't wait for Saturday. Go Bucks.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next