Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Topic: Bucks vs. PSU
William Danforth added to this discussion on February 2, 2018

Traveling in style.

https://twitter.com/Buckeye158/status/959491194106601473

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 2, 2018

The plot thins...

http://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-wrestling/article193867209.html

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on February 2, 2018

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"Michael,

Do you really believe an official would come into Rec Hall with the nerve to DQ Nevills for stalling with the dual on the line?"

I agree, but that is the core problem with officials. They way the rules are set up now, it’s not up to them. The rule is the rule. If you leave the circle without it being continued motion of offense, then it’s stalling. Nevills isn’t good enough to shoot on Snyder at the edge, and he isn’t strong enough to hold position and not get pushed out.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 2, 2018

Quote from William Danforth's post:

"Traveling in style.

https://twitter.com/Buckeye158/status/959491194106601473"

sweet

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on February 3, 2018

Bill D, nice -- who owns that vehicle, university or private donor?

Wolf at Door theory: Ohio St recruited 2 No 1 seniors out of PA, 145 Sasso and 195 Hoffman, theres a new Wolf in the barnyard that wasnt in Columbus years ago -- the Wolf makes visit tonite 8 pm. A recruiting goldmine at stake.

William Danforth added to this discussion on February 3, 2018

Not sure who owns it. They were thanking the AD on twitter.

Basketball game on BigTen Network before the match will most likely run over. I suggest going to the webstream of the match to catch the beginning.

https://www.btn2go.com/game/ohio-st-at-penn-st-on-02032018

You might have to verify your TV provider.

Matt Schein added to this discussion on February 3, 2018

Show time!!!

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on February 3, 2018

let's go Buckeyes!!!

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on February 3, 2018

William, I'm actually trying to watch through the app but it's not streaming yet? Is that because of the game before?

Edit- we're live and in color now! Here we go,baby! :-)

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on February 3, 2018

Well it's right there for the taking after 157, nice job so far! Let's do it!

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on February 3, 2018

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"The only real problem I have with Drew’s picks is that in the scenario he laid out, the best wrestler in the world would walk out onto the mat knowing he needed a tech or a fall and wouldn’t deliver...The guy that pulled his Olympic red-shirt for a shot at a team title, the guy that willed himself to victory over Gwiz, the guy that picked up Medberry, the guy that has been kicking ass all over the world for three years, the guy that has Russian legends bumping up for the challenge of wrestling him. Nevills is struggling. He is not the wrestler was last year. He’s put on some bad weight and his conditioning is suspect at best. I don’t know what the criteria would be if it was a tie, but I just can’t see Nevills being the guy who keeps Kyle Snyder from something he wants. If it’s a five point lead going into heavyweight, Ohio State wins."

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again...I’m wrong a lot.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on February 3, 2018

What a choke job!! No words

Mike Taylor added to this discussion on February 3, 2018

Giving up the major at the buzzer at 184 really hurt. Without that, all Snyder needed to do was win.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on February 3, 2018

Penn state really put forth a total team effort. They laid it all out on the line. Not one part of that team didn't do what needed to be done, and without one of their best. I'm as impressed with them as I am disappointed with the Bucks. I think they pressed too hard and it showed. I agree with 184. Myles broke. Plain and simple. He laid there for the final minute and watched the clock count down. Tesean did a similar thing. Although this won't define their season it's very frustrating to watch the hype and see something ripe for the picking not be taken advantage of. I don't think you can say that anyone on the team did much to raise their stock so to speak. McKenna helped himself but definitely gassed the last minute. Just really disappointed. The Bucks shoulda, coulda, woulda, but didn't.

Eric Wickham added to this discussion on February 4, 2018

Nato has his work cut out for him this year....there are some obstacles in his way and will be an interesting weight class.
Pletcher is going to AA this year but not top 3. Micic was an upset and too many close matches.
McKenna had a great win tonight but I think Lee will win the next matchup. Mckenna is a an AA this year but I feel 5-8 place.
Ke-Shawn is a questionable top 8. Still need to see more out of him and will need a win in the blood round to AA.
Micah...love his wrestling but if Nolf comes back then Micah is 3rd at best.
TaShawn Campbell will need a major turnaround to his young Buckeye career.
Bo will finish strong but don't think he is a NCAA finalist. Hope he pulls off the major upset.
My-mar...tough call. Gave up the MD but had his chances. I think Mymar will get a win but hope it comes during the finals of national tournament.
Moore....tough loss tonight for the dual meet points but think we will be fine here.
Snyder....felt confident in him getting the MD tonight but tough environment and didn't finish as expected. Snyder is my only confident Buckeye champion at this time in the season....as expected

Last edited by Eric Wickham on February 4, 2018; edited 1 time in total

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next