Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Thoughts on dual
Luke Moore added to this discussion on February 4, 2018

197- Moore looked off. When was the last time he took 1 shot in a match???

184- I understand Nickal is deadly from all positions, but MyMar is unreal when he attacks and is aggressive. He needs to just lay it on the line and go after him.

174- BoJo wrestled a silly match IMO. Even after the last takedown, he was sitting to his hip and stepping over a leg on bottom. Not good. Also, be aggressive.

125- NaTo gave up a couple because he knew he had to get bonus. I loved it.

133- Pletcher could have majored but took his foot off the gas.

165- Campbell, even though Joseph is just a lot better, is hard to watch.

285- Snyder was going out of his character to try to score points. Can't fault him for that.

Team- still bad on bottom!!!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on February 4, 2018

Quote from Luke Moore's post:

"197- Moore looked off. When was the last time he took 1 shot in a match???

184- I understand Nickal is deadly from all positions, but MyMar is unreal when he attacks and is aggressive. He needs to just lay it on the line and go after him.

174- BoJo wrestled a silly match IMO. Even after the last takedown, he was sitting to his hip and stepping over a leg on bottom. Not good. Also, be aggressive.

125- NaTo gave up a couple because he knew he had to get bonus. I loved it.

133- Pletcher could have majored but took his foot off the gas.

165- Campbell, even though Joseph is just a lot better, is hard to watch.

285- Snyder was going out of his character to try to score points. Can't fault him for that.

Team- still bad on bottom!!!"

I really didn't see Pletcher in the realm of scoring bonus points.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on February 4, 2018

Moore - just totally shocked and confused. I think so highly of him, seemed like a very odd match.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on February 4, 2018

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"Moore - just totally shocked and confused. I think so highly of him, seemed like a very odd match."

It’s his name right? Right? 😁😁

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on February 4, 2018

given this environment was one that tests a man to his core, reveals flaws, however ....Penn st as a team was mentally tougher.

Ohio states goal of a team win was very attainable -- subpar effort by several key buckeyes has to be examined closely, why did his happen? was it technique, positioning, talent, coaching or mental?? Like Rec Hall, NCAA pressure will certainly expose flaws too.

ultimate goals Big Ten and NCAA still very much in play but Penn states mental toughness is a factor Ohio st must match, Ohio st needs to upgrade theirs as a team --- imo.

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on February 4, 2018

Agree Bob. I'd add that while it was great to beat Iowa, there were themes in that match that continued last night. Lots of missed opportunities, mental lapses.

Conditioning is a factor as well IMO. Too much weight cut?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 4, 2018

Quote from Freddy Carr's post:

"Agree Bob. I'd add that while it was great to beat Iowa, there were themes in that match that continued last night. Lots of missed opportunities, mental lapses.

Conditioning is a factor as well IMO. Too much weight cut?"

Astute observations Mr. Carr.

Cory Surles added to this discussion on February 4, 2018

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"given this environment was one that tests a man to his core, reveals flaws, however ....Penn st as a team was mentally tougher.

Ohio states goal of a team win was very attainable -- subpar effort by several key buckeyes has to be examined closely, why did his happen? was it technique, positioning, talent, coaching or mental?? Like Rec Hall, NCAA pressure will certainly expose flaws too.

ultimate goals Big Ten and NCAA still very much in play but Penn states mental toughness is a factor Ohio st must match, Ohio st needs to upgrade theirs as a team --- imo."

Agree 100%

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 4, 2018

Credit to Coach Ryan for giving a fine interview in the aftermath of this dual to Track Wrestling. He certainly seems to understand what happened and what needs to be done:

http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/PortalPlayer.jsp?TIM=1517780142063&twSessionId=zckeximxdekfpdd&videoId=427483132

Luke Moore added to this discussion on February 4, 2018

Man, it would be nice if they could have found a more private place to do the interview! Haha. It looked like Ryan wanted to hit a cement mixer on a few of those fans.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on February 4, 2018

Quote from Luke Moore's post:

"Man, it would be nice if they could have found a more private place to do the interview! Haha. It looked like Ryan wanted to hit a cement mixer on a few of those fans."

No doubt - but I didn’t hear anything other than some ribbing form the fans. Nothing vulgar.

Luke - saw you at Mt Vernon yesterday - but you must have left early. Good luck the rest of the year.

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on February 4, 2018

Bucks will definitely have some weights to address next season.
125- ?
133- Pletcher is solid
141- McKenna will be a threat to AA
149- Hayes is solid with no Sorensen or Retherford
157- Micah is solid
165- ? T- Cam needs to get some things figured out if he’s our guy
174- Romero
184- MyMar is solid
197- KoMo is solid
285- Why is Singletary still undersized?

Penn State returns everyone except Zain.

Guy Trinetti added to this discussion on February 5, 2018

While the loss is disappointing it is not final. All of this is to prepare for the NCAA's. If they correct some of the mental and physical mistakes made, then we will look back to this dual, and possibly be saying that the corrections made were the cause for the success at the end! Learning from mistakes and losses along the way are the keys to being at your best when it counts the most!

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on February 5, 2018

Quote from Guy Trinetti's post:

"While the loss is disappointing it is not final. All of this is to prepare for the NCAA's. If they correct some of the mental and physical mistakes made, then we will look back to this dual, and possibly be saying that the corrections made were the cause for the success at the end! Learning from mistakes and losses along the way are the keys to being at your best when it counts the most!"

Agree completely. Reminiscent of the Lehigh loss three years back. That turned out to be a motivating factor that propelled the Bucks forward in a big way. Coach Ryan and staff will fine tune the little mistakes and have them hitting on all cylinders when it matters. Question is, will that be enough to overcome the NCAA potential of PSU?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on February 5, 2018

Quote from Guy Trinetti's post:

"While the loss is disappointing it is not final. "

great minds think alike Guy.

“Being disappointed is one thing and being discouraged is something else. I am disappointed but I am not discouraged.”
-- Tennessee Williams, "The Glass Menagerie"

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next