Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: Thoughts on dual
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 6, 2018

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"I believe this match is on ESPN2"

6pm!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on February 6, 2018

when is it? ... Sunday im now told, got it.

Guy Trinetti added to this discussion on February 7, 2018

This will be a battle. What I am hoping to see in the next 2 duals is the Buckeyes looking to score and score often. What I hope happens even more is that the pace continues for all 3 periods. I hope they use these 2 matches to prove to themselves that they flopped last week and that they learned and moved on to better themselves! Also on a side note does anybody else think that the Moore loss looked very similar to Stieber's loss to Zain a couple years back in Rec Hall?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 7, 2018

Quote from Guy Trinetti's post:

"This will be a battle. What I am hoping to see in the next 2 duals is the Buckeyes looking to score and score often. What I hope happens even more is that the pace continues for all 3 periods. I hope they use these 2 matches to prove to themselves that they flopped last week and that they learned and moved on to better themselves! Also on a side note does anybody else think that the Moore loss looked very similar to Stieber's loss to Zain a couple years back in Rec Hall?"

No. I don't see any comparison. Logan took Zain down and was in the process of turning him when the ref stopped it. Had the ref let it go--as he should have--Logan would have been up 5-0 or gotten a pin in the first period. In my opinion, Logan let up and Zain took advantage.

Moore had a different issue. He couldn't figure out how to work through Cassar's head/hands and when he attacked, Cassar had a quick lefty re-shot that he wasn't expecting. Moore can adjust from the match (in that respect it's similar to Logan's) but I think this matchup will always be difficult for him.

Moore has two more hard matches coming up with Beasley and Macchiavelli? (NC State kid). Myles also has two real hard matches coming as well.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on February 11, 2018

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"But it certainly won't go according to plan and this one has my radar up a bit. Especially coming off the back of the PSU let down. If I were on College Wrestling Gameday I'd have this one as my upset alert."

we'll compare notes afterwards Chris, i expect buckeyes to want some wolverine meat."

It wasn't the upset I was predicting but it certainly fit the script short of two matches OSU got bonus in.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on February 14, 2018

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"sit, rest?? James surely you jest. ... ohio st should want to kick Michigans butt. Ryan has changed that series dramatically, before Ryan ohio st had not beaten Michigan in many years in a dual, but thats changed. Elite teams want to compete, not "rest". ...lol, rest is for old men like me!"

verdict, Ryan gave no rest

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3