Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: tOSU vs. Michigan
J.P. Barner added to this discussion on February 11, 2018

Well done Kollin Maybe TR should have given the whole team the week off :)

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Luke Moore added to this discussion on February 11, 2018

That last double by Moore was SLICK!!!

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on February 11, 2018

Moore MD. Looked good.

Now the big one!

Well after two periods, this really isn't close... Coon is too much for Snyder.

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on February 11, 2018

Quote from Freddy Carr's post:

"Well after two periods, this really isn't close... Coon is too much for Snyder."

Yeah, giving up all that weight, the travel,etc finally caught up to him. Congrats to Coon though.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 11, 2018

"Well after two periods, this really isn't close... Coon is too much for Snyder."

Coon weighed in at 280 and Snyder 225.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on February 11, 2018

Snyder’s recipe for success is wearing guys down with his relentless pace. He just doesn’t have it right now. There’s only so much even Kyle Snyder can do with his international schedule, weight differential, college training schedule, travel, classes, media, etc. Even the iconic Snyderman is bound to hit a Valley or two. It’s not something we’re use to, but it’s understandable. I very seriously doubt anyone, including Coon, believes that version of Kyle is the one we will get in March.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 11, 2018

Giving up that much weight really tires a guy out. Kyle had his chance with the high crotch and that low leg attack, but Coon countered well, especially that high crotch. Even if he couldn't lift him I thought he would dump him for the TD. Better the loss tonight than at Big Tens or NCAA.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 11, 2018

Everyone has their limits and tonight we found out Snyder has issues against a much taller, highly skilled opponent while giving up 60 pounds. Not a shock.

Bo's loss was much more disappointing. From a strategic point of view both Bo and Myles would have made their lives much easier if they had worked harder to stay on top in order to wear down their opponents. Though Myles held on, it didn't have to be so close. In Bo's case we know what happened.

Pletcher got solved by Micic. Micah showed discipline and guts but he has to stop backing out on bad shots against Panataleo. That's what cost him at Vegas and tonight. I do think the adjustment can be made.

I liked Nate's effort while Joey Mac does a pretty good Logan impression with that single. When he gets locked, he finishes. Like Myles and Bo, he needed to ride more to wear down his opponent.

Kollin wore out Beasley. That's the best he's looked in a while.

Campbell's losses--excepting the bizarre MSU match where...drumroll please...he needed to ride better--have been to Wanzek, Lewis, Massa, Joseph and Marinelli. Those are five very tough hombres. 165 in BT is brutal.

Ke-Shawn solved a funky Amine although he stopped moving his feet as the match progressed. He needs to keep that pilot light on high. It dims too often in my opinion.

Overall it was a bloody road win over a very tough Michigan squad. Don't forget that Michigan beat Iowa and gave PSU a tough time at several weights including 157, 174 and 184. This was a brutal dual and the Bucks gutted it out on the road. Kollin Moore went from goat to hero. Good for him.

Seems to me that there is a trend of OSU under-performing as a whole. As Lance Palmer alluded to on Twitter, seems something is off and hope they get it figured out. It shows in the Iowa dual and has been a trend since then. Sloppiness, poor wrestling in short time, not finishing.

Something looks off lately.

Joe Johnson added to this discussion on February 11, 2018

"Seems to me that there is a trend of OSU under-performing as a whole. As Lance Palmer alluded to on Twitter, seems something is off and hope they get it figured out. It shows in the Iowa dual and has been a trend since then. Sloppiness, poor wrestling in short time, not finishing.

Something looks off lately."

Ohio State is not a good dual team. This has been going on for the entire Tom Ryan era. I’m not bashing them. I’d rather them wrestle good in the tournaments. How many great dual wins can you think of? Iowa from a few years back? It’s not many. They underperform in duals. I’m not sure why it is, but it’s just that way.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 12, 2018

I have bashed tOSU plenty of times in the past but I think it's easy to forget the last three major duals have been Iowa, PSU and UM. Two of three were on the road. These are all superb squads with several national champion competitors on their roster. And the BT season wears down everyone.

NC State is next...and they're tough as well.

David Brown added to this discussion on February 12, 2018

We have had a different #1 lose in each of our last 3 big duals. Tonight a #1 and a #2. When do we get a big upset? The closest I can think of in recent memory was McKenna over Lee, maybe Pletcher over Micic at Vegas. Where are our upsets? We Bucks walked out of that building deflated and Michigan fans were on cloud 9. I am so hungry for one of our guys to win a huge match. No one seems up to it.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 12, 2018

David--Our #1 was out-weighed by 60 plus pounds. That's highly unusual. And our #2 is not a real #2. Rankings can be illusory.

I do feel you concerning an upset. But it's hard to overachieve when your nearly always the favorite.

Good for you for attending in person.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on February 12, 2018

Wait - not a good dual team?

Just beat the #4 team on the road in front of their largest ever home crowd.

Just beat Iowa.

Lost by 1 at PSU.

Destroyed everyone else.

What is considered good these days?

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next