Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Discussion Topic: tOSU vs. Michigan
Freddy Carr added to this discussion on February 12, 2018

Nobody would say OSU isn't "good". But given the expectations (on PSU's level, significantly above everyone else), it is fair IMO to say they've not wrestled to expectations.

It is a great team, a thrill to watch. Just not what some expected. JMO. M

A couple months back many thought this team could challenge PSU (with Nolf) for a title. Anyone still think that?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on February 12, 2018

Yes, it’s a two team race.

NATO - finalist
Pletcher - AA
McKenna - AA
Hayes - AA
Micah - AA
Campbell - R12
Bo - top 3
Myles - finalist
Moore - finalist
Snyder - finalist

That would absolutely challenge PSU.

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on February 12, 2018

Hope you are right! Hoping they turn it on at the right time.

A month ago I was on board. Now IMO it is a bit of a long shot. JMO.

Either way, it is a really good team. A lock NC team in a lot of years.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on February 12, 2018

Joe...maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t understand how anyone can look at this squad and say they are not a good dual meet team? You can say they are not the best dual meet team, because they lost a one point dual to Penn State. But they also beat Iowa and Michigan, two fanastic teams. It’s ok to be disappointed that tOSU individuals have lost some big upsets lately, but calling this team bad is a stretch to say the least.

This is a very good dual meet team. It’s the best in Ohio State history (and it’s not close). When the regular season is over their record will reflect that. They may fall short and be runner-up at NCAAs, but if they do, they’ll likely be the highest scoring runner-up of all time. This team may be flawed, it may have underachieved in your eyes, but it’s not a bad dual meet team.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on February 12, 2018

After what I saw happened to Reese yesterday, suddenly these duals didn't seem important at all.

That said, Ethan and Michael are right. This is a GREAT team. I'd argue it's a top 10-20 all time team.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 12, 2018

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"After what I saw happened to Reese yesterday, suddenly these duals didn't seem important at all.

That said, Ethan and Michael are right. This is a GREAT team. I'd argue it's a top 10-20 all time team."

Brady what happened with Reese? I saw a tweet from his brother that he is doing ok. thoughts and prayers to him and the family.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on February 12, 2018

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"Brady what happened with Reese? I saw a tweet from his brother that he is doing ok. thoughts and prayers to him and the family."

He was beating #17 ranked guy 7-0 in 2nd period. They went out of bounds and when he was taking top position, he collapsed. Needed emergency medical attention.

Saw him at Columbus hospital last night and, if I hadn't seen what I saw, I wouldn't have thought anything was wrong. They are conducting tests to try and determine what caused it to happen.

I was in car returning from OAC Girls JH tournament - and was freaking out thinking the worst after seeing him drop and then seeing tweet that meet was cancelled. When I got a "he's on the way to a hospital and is breathing" I felt a wave of the greatest emotion, relief, come over me. It could have been tragic.

Talked to him today and no updates, just undergoing many tests.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 12, 2018

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

Quote from James Kessen's post:

"Brady what happened with Reese? I saw a tweet from his brother that he is doing ok. thoughts and prayers to him and the family."

He was beating #17 ranked guy 7-0 in 2nd period. They went out of bounds and when he was taking top position, he collapsed. Needed emergency medical attention.

Saw him at Columbus hospital last night and, if I hadn't seen what I saw, I wouldn't have thought anything was wrong. They are conducting tests to try and determine what caused it to happen.

I was in car returning from OAC Girls JH tournament - and was freaking out thinking the worst after seeing him drop and then seeing tweet that meet was cancelled. When I got a "he's on the way to a hospital and is breathing" I felt a

wave of the greatest emotion, relief, come over me. It could have been tragic.

Talked to him today and no updates, just undergoing many tests."

I'm glad to hear he is awake and doing better.

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on February 13, 2018

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Joe...maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t understand how anyone can look at this squad and say they are not a good dual meet team? You can say they are not the best dual meet team, because they lost a one point dual to Penn State. But they also beat Iowa and Michigan, two fanastic teams. It’s ok to be disappointed that tOSU individuals have lost some big upsets lately, but calling this team bad is a stretch to say the least.

This is a very good dual meet team. It’s the best in Ohio State history (and it’s not close). When the regular season is over their record will reflect that. They may fall short and be runner-up at NCAAs, but if they do, they’ll likely be the highest scoring runner-up of all time. This team may be flawed, it may have underachieved in your eyes, but it’s not a bad dual meet team."

Agreed. As someone pointed out on Yappi, the fact that OSU was still able to beat Michigan despite Pletcher, Micah, Bo, and Snyder all losing means that this IS a very good dual team.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4