Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: #2 Bucks vs. #5 NC State
Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 18, 2018

Bucs 29-6 pounding of NCSU! Way to end the dual season.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 18, 2018

Great effort by the Bucks. As M-Rod often says, "appreciate this team."

Nice to see Campbell look dominant...great effort by Nate. He is one of the best wrestlers in Ohio State history...Pletch was solid...McKenna was brilliant...Ke-Shawn looked like a 4-6 placer..Myles was amazing. We need to realize how great he is...Bo looked like Bo...Kollin is terrific but the ref was terrible...Kyle wore down a guy who beat Nevills....

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on February 18, 2018

Very impressive overall!!

David Brown added to this discussion on February 18, 2018

Nice effort. Thank you McKenna for that upset. That is such a good feeling and it had been too long.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 18, 2018

What had to have helped Campbell was the fact that he beat this kid twice last year. But nice to see him be more aggressive today.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on February 18, 2018

Bucks with a workman like butt whipping. McKenna did himself a serious favor for NCAA seeding with that win. 141 is going to be unreal to watch from the qrtrs on. That bracket may be tougher to pick then the entire basketball tourney. Hilday reminds me of Panteleo. Both seem like matchup problems for Micah. Not sure what to make of Kollin the whole season. His relentless motor is what defined him last year. This year he looks like a guy who struggles to close out matches. Even in a ton of his wins he hasn’t looked sharp. He’ll probably end up the two or three seed at NCAAs. I hope all of this is just the weight cut.

Patrick Niemann added to this discussion on February 18, 2018

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Micah belongs at 149. He has sacrificed a lot by moving up."

Agreed.
I felt this way at the beginning of the year and it has become a reality.

Micah is very good but at the D-1 level it is very difficult to wrestle up a weight clas.
Overall it might be what the Buckeyes need to win it all but the reality of it all is that there are 2 wrestlers at 149 & 157 that are a weight class up.

Make no mistake about it. Both wrestlers in my opinion are top 5 caliber but it will be tough to accomplish up a weight class.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on February 19, 2018

Pat...I totally agree that it’ll be tough for Hayes and Jordan to All American, but it’s always tough to All American. I also agree that both have top five kind of talent, but I also think they both have had top five kind of seasons. Make no mistake, the guy Micah lost to today was very, very good. I could see him in the finals. I think Micah is third at 149 and 5-7 at 157.

Btw, this was an excellent showing by the Buckeyes today.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 19, 2018

I saw Hidley beat Berger from Nebraska, and he's good.

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on February 19, 2018

".Kollin is terrific but the ref was terrible."

Okay, I have to ask what the second part means?
I am generally pretty critical and I can't remember anything that made me go "ahhh, what was that?".
The only thing I saw that was not within the rules was the way the official allowed the wrestlers to start in all kinds of positions in the referee's position. However it went that way for both teams.
BTW, I guess I would disagree on the first part as well. I didn't see anything that was terrific. Certainly not like last year.
Just my $.02.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 19, 2018

"I think Moore gets overpowered too easily. He looks small compared to the two guys who've beaten him."

Track did an interview with Kolin and mentioned that his body is starting to feel the wear and tear of College and international wrestling. Sounded as if he needed some time off.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 19, 2018

Quote from Jim Behrens's post:

"

".Kollin is terrific but the ref was terrible."

Okay, I have to ask what the second part means?
I am generally pretty critical and I can't remember anything that made me go "ahhh, what was that?".
The only thing I saw that was not within the rules was the way the official allowed the wrestlers to start in all kinds of positions in the referee's position. However it went that way for both teams.
BTW, I guess I would disagree on the first part as well. I didn't see anything that was terrific. Certainly not like last year.
Just my $.02."

The stall call and hands to face call. The stall call was clearly crowd influenced. Moore was shooting and still got hit. I respect that ref's have a hard job. I just didn't like the way he called this match. IMO Moore's opponent was unnecessarily given two points. Moore still tied it up and then gave up a TD much too easily in final ten seconds. I get that part.

Official was fine for most part. Again--hard job to do.

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on February 19, 2018

AFter watching Iowa and PSU do it to us, it was good to see our guys scoring at the end of periods. That was very noticeable to me though out the entire dual. Good coaching.

Mark Cummings added to this discussion on February 19, 2018

I missed the first 3 matches but this was a really fun dual to watch. NC State took apart Nebraska earlier in the year.
I thought the length of the NC State guys at 133 and 141 would give us fits but Pletcher and McKenna wrestled great. It was nice to see Campbell dominate a match. Nice confidence boost for the team. Can't wait for the Big Tens in a couple weeks.

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on February 19, 2018

[quote="Hank Kornblut"][quote="Jim Behrens"]

"

The stall call and hands to face call. The stall call was clearly crowd influenced. Moore was shooting and still got hit. I respect that ref's have a hard job. I just didn't like the way he called this match. IMO Moore's opponent was unnecessarily given two points. Moore still tied it up and then gave up a TD much too easily in final ten seconds. I get that part.

Official was fine for most part. Again--hard job to do."

Okay, I will go back and watch it. I didn't think it was out of line at the time so I guess that is where I missed your point.
Stalling calls are always going to be a point of contention. If the call was turned around 180*, would you still feel the same? BTW, I don't agree that the calls were crowd influenced. Having been in that sort of situation, it is amazing how very little you hear from the crowd.
Hands in the face seems to have been a point of emphasis this year. IMO, that is one of the very hardest calls to make. There are a lot of variables in it. I have noticed a lot of UNR calls this year.
Thanx

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next