Discussion

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

Check the latest updates on Twitter at: @OWNetwork

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Perspective: OSU vs. UM
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on February 13, 2018

Interesting note. I follow both programs on social media. UM is off the rocker positive about the dual, posting pics non-stop (which they should) about celebrations, etc.

Haven't seen much from OSU this week.

OSU won.

My point - OSU is better.

They may feel mildly disappointed because they dropped a couple matches they wanted to win. But they won the dual.

Michigan is pumped in defeat.

To me, this sheds light on the state of the programs. Excellence is the only option right now for the Buckeyes. A great place to be, albeit sometimes a little lonely.

Be happy Buckeye fans. We won the dual.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on February 13, 2018

Also - UM is here to stay. Their upcoming class is ridiculous. Will make for fun, tense duals in the future.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on February 13, 2018

This team (that people are complaining about) will be gone in a month or so. I think, ten or 20 years from now, Ohio State fans will reminisce about the 2017/18 season. They’ll talk about that year they beat Iowa and Michigan and fell by a single point to the defending champion Penn State squad (in one of the best duals ever). They’ll talk about how there were AA contenders and NCAA finalists up and down the line-up. They’ll discuss how the “weak link” was a round-of-12 transfer. They’ll remember when they had those three 4X All Americans in one class. They’ll remember Kyle Snyder.

...and they’ll remember it all fondly.

Teams like this don’t happen often at Ohio State. It may be a long time before you see it again. This team takes a decent step back to the pack next year. Penn State shows no signs of slowing. Iowa are surging. Michigan is recruiting well, so is Minnesota. Iowa State has a new coach. There will be real parity for that number two spot.

Long story short, enjoy this team for what it is, for what it has accomplished, for what it still may accomplish.

► Add to the Discussion