Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: My NCAA thoughts (through Scarlet lenses)
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 8, 2018

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"I think Ohio State got pretty good draws. Moore getting the one seed, Kasper being the other “heavy hitter” on Snyder’s side of the bracket, McKenna being a four, Pletcher being a three...they all are set up as good as they could be. I like Hayes’ spot, Micah too. I don’t think they’re getting to the finals, but they weren’t expected to. They were expected to All American and they’re in a solid spot to make good on that potential. If you’re a Tomesello fan, maybe you wanted him away from Lee? Other than that, the seeds went as pro-OSU as they could.

What’s staggering is how razor thin the margin of error is. Everyone has to do what they “should” for the Buckeyes to bring home a title. We’re talking NINE All Americans...just to be in the hunt"

Yep. Given the PSU firepower, just one upset could be the difference between 1st and 2nd. Bucks have had wrestlers get upset in duals but they have been extraordinary in tourney action. And that type of "lights out" near perfect showing is what it will take...one more time.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on March 8, 2018

Since this article is titled (through Scarlet lenses) I have a couple of thoughts to offer.

I remember a few years back when Kenny Courts had a much worse year than anyone expected, but survived through a very tough big ten season. - At the NCAA's, Kenny got hot and achieved a very surprising AA that year.

As I looked through the brackets the first time, one OSU wrestler had a draw that I thought might be good for him, and that is TeShan Campbell. No draw in the NCAA is easy, but he is a good wrestler who has had a tough season fighting through a tough schedule. I don't think his draw through to the quarters is near as tough as the Big Ten season he has just fought through. If he is healthy, focused, and ready to fight for every point, I think he has a 'fighter's chance' to AA. Yes, that's probably just crazy talkin, but I do like his draw. - And that could make a huge statement in the team battle, and could potential lead to 10 AA's (the holy grail of NCAA team wrestling accomplishments).

Ben Watson added to this discussion on March 8, 2018

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

"Since this article is titled (through Scarlet lenses) I have a couple of thoughts to offer.

I remember a few years back when Kenny Courts had a much worse year than anyone expected, but survived through a very tough big ten season. - At the NCAA's, Kenny got hot and achieved a very surprising AA that year.

As I looked through the brackets the first time, one OSU wrestler had a draw that I thought might be good for him, and that is TeShan Campbell. No draw in the NCAA is easy, but he is a good wrestler who has had a tough season fighting through a tough schedule. I don't think his draw through to the quarters is near as tough as the Big Ten season he has just fought through. If he is healthy, focused, and ready to fight for every point, I think he has a 'fighter's chance' to AA. Yes, that's probably just crazy talkin, but I do like his draw. - And that could make a huge statement in the team battle, and could potential lead to 10 AA's (the holy grail of NCAA team wrestling accomplishments)."

Good points! I think Courts was unseeded when he made the podium at NCAAs. All 10 tOSU guys are seeded with 9 expected to make the podium. I have not filled out my brackets yet. But, if tOSU wrestles close to their seeds and doesn't win the thing, tip of the cap to PSU.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 8, 2018

I have love for Courts but his draw was unreal...and he took advantage.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2