Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Discussion Topic: 2018-2019 Bucks Lineup
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 18, 2018

125-? Poster on Yappi who seems to be in the know mentioned a potential transfer. Anyone else hear anything?
133- Pletcher
141 McKenna
149 Hayes/Jordan/Sasso
157 Jordan/Mattox
165 Romero/Mattox
174 Campbell/Romero
184 Myles
197 Moore
285. Singletary

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 18, 2018

Look for Sasso to possibly start at 157 if Bob P is correct about Micah dropping.

Mark Cummings added to this discussion on March 18, 2018

McKenna and Myles both have redshirts. Will the Bucks use them next year? If so then Hayes goes 141 and Micah 149. How many of the new buckeyes get redshirted next year? Any transfers in or out? Lots of questions.

Mark Cummings added to this discussion on March 18, 2018

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Look for Sasso to possibly start at 157 if Bob P is correct about Micah dropping."

Does Burcher have another year of eligibility? What about Jake Ryan?

Hmmm. Didn't realize they could redshirt McKenna. Maybe you redshirt McKenna and Myles?

A 125 transfer would help. I do think Mead did a nice job this year as someone pressed into service. If the staff thinks Heinselman is the future maybe you shirt him and start Mead for another year?

125: Mead?
133: Pletcher
141: Hayes
149: Micah
157: Sasso
165: Campbell/Rocky/Mattox/Romero
174: Campbell/Smith/Romero/Rocky/Schierl
184: Hoffman/Moore
197: Moore/Hoffman
285: Singletary

Am I the only person in the world who thinks Kollin Moore is a very small 197? Did you see the size of Machiavello and Haught? They appear a weight class larger.

Rich Brunetti added to this discussion on March 18, 2018

"Look for Sasso to possibly start at 157 if Bob P is correct about Micah dropping."

Would not be surprised with this. I know many have slotted him for 149 and you would think with him wrestling 145 this postseason it would be a no brainer. But his dad is a big guy, his mom not short. Saw him early in the season at 152 and he looked great physically. Saw him in Hershey postseason at 145 and he looked skinny to me. He wrestled great, though. Would not be surprised if he has a lot of filling out to do.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 18, 2018

Quote from Mark Cummings's post:

"

Does Burcher have another year of eligibility? What about Jake Ryan?"

i asked Tom Ryan about his son Jake, yes his wrestling career is over, too many injuries. He is moving on to the business world.

Romero will be competing for a spot at 165, thats the plan... and yes the feeling is Kolin Moore needs more wt room work. No doubt a great disappoinment losing twice to the same unseeded wrestler.

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Romero will be competing for a spot at 165, thats the plan... and yes the feeling is Kolin Moore needs more wt room work. No doubt a great disappoinment losing twice to the same unseeded wrestler."

So who will be the 174? Campbell?

As far as Moore goes, he's placed 3rd and 4th at NCAA's. Not bad. Style match-ups are always a factor unless you're just so dmn good that no one can beat you. But unless your name is Logan or Kyle or Zain, styles will prove to be an issue.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on March 18, 2018

Can someone direct me to Bob's comment on Micah dropping weights? Curious to see what other goodies I may have missed.

My vote doesn't count, but I'm against the idea of redshirting veterans and loading up for a title run in two years. Field the best lineup possible and if Penn State is better so be it.

"As far as Moore goes, he's placed 3rd and 4th at NCAA's. Not bad. Style match-ups are always a factor unless you're just so dmn good that no one can beat you. But unless your name is Logan or Kyle or Zain, styles will prove to be an issue."

u bet Moore's 3rd & 4th r good, very good but when u the 1 seed the burden of expectations come with it.

Interview with Coach Ryan. He has a lot to say as always:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c1ywoyFdTM

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on March 19, 2018

It seems we have more question marks than answers heading into the following season. Not really question marks about whether the talent will be there or not. But questions about who will be where next season. What I mean is, 157, for example...Micah again? Sasso? Is Mattox not an option?

But just about every weight class can be looked at like this. 125? 141, is McKenna RS even a possibility? 149? I could go on and on. But I'm seeing about 100 different scenarios that could play out here. The only thing I'd add is the depth seems to be there to "tinker" with things over the next year or so to get a variety of positive outcomes out of the line-up.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 19, 2018

" Am I the only person in the world who thinks Kollin Moore is a very small 197? Did you see the size of Machiavello and Haught? They appear a weight class larger."

I was thinking the same thing. It seemed like the guys who gave Kollin problems were much more physical and muscular, i.e. Conal, Cassar and Machiavello. He didn't seem to have any problems with Rasheed, Wilke or Darmstadt, none of whom I would consider huge.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 20, 2018

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"

" Am I the only person in the world who thinks Kollin Moore is a very small 197? Did you see the size of Machiavello and Haught? They appear a weight class larger."

I was thinking the same thing. It seemed like the guys who gave Kollin problems were much more physical and muscular, i.e. Conal, Cassar and Machiavello. He didn't seem to have any problems with Rasheed, Wilke or Darmstadt, none of whom I would consider huge."

I never saw Moore as undersized. I also thought I read around mid-season the weight cut might be getting to him, but I don’t remember the source.

Cox was as big a 197 as they get and Moore competed well with him last year. It seemed to me like a stamina issue because he was full go all match long last year.

As to the team next year, I certainly will take Bob at his word but to me it makes sense to keep McKenna at 141, Keyshawn at 149, and Micah at 157.

Regarding redshirts, I wonder if some guys (Myles, McKenna, others) want to be done next year to train full time for the Olympics trials in 2020?

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next