Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Discussion Topic: 2018-2019 Bucks Lineup
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 3, 2018

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Heinselman is excellent but probably not yet AA material. Shirting him would be the best course of action unless he's ready to score at NCAA's."

#1 & #2 are set at 125. Possibly even #3 & #4. Who are 5-8?"

So you expect me to back up my statement....

Good question. Spencer Lee and Daton Fix are top two. Suriano is supposedly moving up as is Lizak so Rivera (NW) is #3. Zeke Moisey gets penciled in as #4.

I imagine Teasdale (PSU) is #5 but I see your point.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on September 3, 2018

"Heinselman is excellent but probably not yet AA material. Shirting him would be the best course of action unless he's ready to score at NCAA's."

Some guys are ready right out of high school from a physical and technical standpoint. Based on his high school weight progression, conventional wisdom suggests that he would be undersized starting at 125 in the Big 10 a year after being a high school 120. Technically he is great on his feet. I haven't seen a lot of his mat wrestling as most of his elite level matches seem to be in freestyle. I'm not saying he isn't a good mat wrestler just most hs guys benefit from a year to adjust to college particularly on the mat.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on September 3, 2018

"

Good question. Spencer Lee and Daton Fix are top two. Suriano is supposedly moving up as is Lizak so Rivera (NW) is #3. Zeke Moisey gets penciled in as #4.

I imagine Teasdale (PSU) is #5 but I see your point."

Less back it up and more inform me. I am a bit out of the loop as to the key players of each weight class right now. As a matter of fact, I thought Cruz (LEHIGH) was still eligible.

If Heinselman can crack the top-5, then the decision is more difficult. But if his ceiling for his true freshman year is 6, 7, or 8, it might not be worth it.

And as I type this I can only think, “Are we really THIS spoiled!?!?!”

Go Buckeyes!

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on September 4, 2018

[quote="Mark Niemann"]

"

Less back it up and more inform me. I am a bit out of the loop as to the key players of each weight class right now. As a matter of fact, I thought Cruz (LEHIGH) was still eligible.

If Heinselman can crack the top-5, then the decision is more difficult. But if his ceiling for his true freshman year is 6, 7, or 8, it might not be worth it.

Lee, Fix, Fausz, Rivera, Moise, Russell, Bresser, Millof, Mattin, Hayes are a few who I think would be favored over Heinsleman. Jury still out on Teasdale imo.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on September 4, 2018

[quote="Scott Nicola"]

"

"

Lee, Fix, Fausz, Rivera, Moise, Russell, Bresser, Millof, Mattin, Hayes are a few who I think would be favored over Heinsleman. Jury still out on Teasdale imo."

Is Fausz REALLY still making 125? That kid was a 132 in HS like 14 years ago! Cra cra!

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on September 4, 2018

[quote="Chris Shepherd"]

Quote from Scott Nicola's post:

"

"

"

Lee, Fix, Fausz, Rivera, Moise, Russell, Bresser, Millof, Mattin, Hayes are a few who I think would be favored over Heinsleman. Jury still out on Teasdale imo."

Is Fausz REALLY still making 125? That kid was a 132 in HS like 14 years ago! Cra cra!"

My bad, it was only 5 years ago. I looked it up. Lol

http://www.baumspage.com/wr/wbrown/2012/Final%20Results.htm

Brian Nicola added to this discussion on September 5, 2018

I think if Heinselman can AA, he wrestles.

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on September 5, 2018

[quote="Chris Shepherd"]

Quote from Chris Shepherd's post:

"

Quote from Scott Nicola's post:

"

"

"

Is Fausz REALLY still making 125? That kid was a 132 in HS like 14 years ago! Cra cra!"

My bad, it was only 5 years ago. I looked it up. Lol

http://www.baumspage.com/wr/wbrown/2012/Final%20Results.htm"

According to his bio (https://gopack.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7831&path=wrestling), he wrestled 138 as a senior in HS! But it also says that he went 132 at Senior Nationals, so I guess he wasn't cutting any weight.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on September 6, 2018

Looks like hayes\Jordan will wrestle off for 149. McKenna staying at 141. romero will battle cleary and shierl for 165. campbell will battle smith at 174. heinselman keeping his redshirt for awhile.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-wrestling/2018/09/96126/ohio-states-wrestling-stating-lineup-could-feature-as-many-as-four-freshman-this-season

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 6, 2018

Heinselman RS probably wise unless he is lites-out in Opens.

courtesy AmWrNews -- 125 a Loaded wt ---2018 Returning All-Americans Spencer Lee (1), Iowa; Nick Suriano(2), Rutgers; Ethan Lizak (4), Minnesota; Sebastian Rivera (6), Northwestern; Ronnie Bresser (7), Oregon State; Zeke Moisey (8), Nebraska (from West Virginia),

Fix is going 133 and with Edinboro transfer Russell moving to Minn, Lizak will move to 133 for his final season, however 3 very good newcomers Teasdale, Patrick Glory of Princeton and Austin Gomez of Iowa St.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on September 6, 2018

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Heinselman RS probably wise unless he is lites-out in Opens.

courtesy AmWrNews -- 125 a Loaded wt ---2018 Returning All-Americans Spencer Lee (1), Iowa; Nick Suriano(2), Rutgers; Ethan Lizak (4), Minnesota; Sebastian Rivera (6), Northwestern; Ronnie Bresser (7), Oregon State; Zeke Moisey (8), Nebraska (from West Virginia),

Fix is going 133 and with Edinboro transfer Russell moving to Minn, Lizak will move to 133 for his final season, however 3 very good newcomers Teasdale, Patrick Glory of Princeton and Austin Gomez of Iowa St."

Oh, yeah!? Well tNDG!

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 6, 2018

no idea what tNDG means.... Ryan very much likes what he sees in Heinselman so theres a good chance he starts despite 125 being a very tough wt.

(wheres Dwight??)

Matt Schein added to this discussion on September 7, 2018

tNDG "The Next Dan Gable"

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on September 7, 2018

Quote from Matt Schein's post:

"tNDG "The Next Dan Gable""

#MyMan

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on September 7, 2018

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Heinselman RS probably wise unless he is lites-out in Opens.

Fix is going 133 and with Edinboro transfer Russell moving to Minn, Lizak will move to 133 for his final season, however 3 very good newcomers Teasdale, Patrick Glory of Princeton and Austin Gomez of Iowa St."

So is Fix for sure going 133 and Gomez 125? I always thought of Gomez as a 133/141. I think Glory will be a stud in college. For some reason. not sold on Teasdale.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next