Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Thank you Kyle Snyder
Gregory Martin added to this discussion on March 20, 2018

As Kyle finishes up his Senior year I want to say thank you!! Many know my sons journey of living in a small troubled town in South Jersey and as a 15 year old kid I made the tough decision to send my son to Mcdonogh School in Maryland. That is where Myles would 1st meet the Beast of a kid named Kyle Snyder who wrestled for Good Counsel. Some people you meet in your life will have the ability to change your entire life and Kyle is one of those human being. As Kyle competed his sophomore and junior seasons in high school I watched him with amazement at most tournaments . He would often come over to Myles school and work out and from there a friendship developed that would carry on. Kyle's last year of high school as most of you know he chose to train at the Olympic training center but he never forgot Myles and I believe he was one of the people that told Coach Ryan you must get this kid. Most probably think I'm talking about the wrestling decision and yes that is a part of it but not the most important part. You see Myles has had the opportunity to live with a Olympic Gold Medalist and learn how to train, work out, get stronger, improve the mental while in college but more importantly he's been able to learn from a young man that is beyond his years how to be a great man. He's been able to learn how to carry himself on and off the mat, how to respect his opponents and how to increase his faith and love for God even more. When I think of Myles loss the other day and how he responded I believe it was a true testament to how Kyle responded when he lost against Coon. Wins and Losses may come and winning championships are fun but being a champion in life is much more important because even after you die your spirit and impact you make will live on forever. So I want to Thank Kyle Snyder for truly impacting my sons life and for helping to shape and mold him into the man he is today!!! My family and I will forever be grateful of the impact you made on his life as well as the entire institution of The Ohio State University. Many may not understand why I say this but I rather Myles take 2nd at Ohio State then to win at another college!! OH

Last edited by Gregory Martin on March 20, 2018; edited 1 time in total

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on March 20, 2018

Hear! Hear!

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on March 20, 2018

Outstanding Gregory!
Kyle Snyder is an amazing person.
By the way, Myle’s effort against Nickall hasn’t gone unnoticed. He took the fight to the champ and that is something a lot of younger guys will benefit from. MyMar is a true warrior.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on March 20, 2018

The Hayes progeny heard “Show me your friends and I’ll show you your future” a hundred times growing up...how blessed is your son!

John Drumm added to this discussion on March 20, 2018

IO. Thanks for sharing your heartfelt post Mr
Martin. The Buckeye nation is truly Blessed to have your son on the team.

► Add to the Discussion