Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Random Stuff
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 6, 2018

I think we need a thread for wrestling related odds and ends which won't get a lot of attention by themselves but deserve recognition. I'll start.

Congrats to Iron Mike Pucillo on his induction in the Ohio State Hall of Fame.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brian Nicola added to this discussion on June 6, 2018

One of the biggest bad asses to wrestle for the Bucks. We had him as a clinician a few times, and I've also chatted him up a few times at the gym. That front head lock cross-knee pick....son!

Well deserved.

Quote from Brian Nicola's post:

"One of the biggest bad asses to wrestle for the Bucks. We had him as a clinician a few times, and I've also chatted him up a few times at the gym. That front head lock cross-knee pick....son!

Well deserved."

Bad Ass is an excellent description. One of the things I remember is how he tortured guys from top position. He'd wrap around their head and arm, lace in his leg and fling them backwards. It was some sort of variation on a Merkle but one with the potential to tear a guy in half. I used to wince when he did it to opponents.

Anyone else see the interview with Gadson on Flo where he calls his matchup w/Snyder "Captain America v Black Panther?" I love it. Very slick way to market the match.

Brian Nicola added to this discussion on June 7, 2018

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Cavs are Myles Martin. Golden State is Bo Nickal."

I hope not.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on June 7, 2018

Quote from Brian Nicola's post:

"One of the biggest bad asses to wrestle for the Bucks. We had him as a clinician a few times, and I've also chatted him up a few times at the gym. That front head lock cross-knee pick....son!

Well deserved."

I'm surprised we don't see that TD from the OSU guys more often. How many times do you see a guy with that front headlock, and all they do is wait for the stalemate? And Mike didn't have the longest of arms, but was able to pick that knee, and sometimes go right into a cradle with it. Good stuff!

Brian Nicola added to this discussion on June 7, 2018

I am built like a less-muscled, less-talented, balder Pucillo. That FHL has been my go-to for 30 years, long arms not needed! The cross pick is a level change...almost a half shot under the tie-side.

He's probably my favorite Buck b/c of that move.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on June 7, 2018

JJ teaches that at his camp.

One year Pucillo was a counselor. When we arrived, he was wearing a maroon t-shirt with the words “Barger Trained” on it in black Sharpie marker. :)

Don Bork added to this discussion on June 7, 2018

Pucillos TD and ride has been discussed, but nobody ever rode Iron Mike for long either. Solid in all three positions. We could use some more of that. Was very disappointed for Mike that his senior year was so negatively affected by injuries.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on June 7, 2018

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Anyone else see the interview with Gadson on Flo where he calls his matchup w/Snyder "Captain America v Black Panther?" I love it. Very slick way to market the match."

I liked that it didn’t turn negative. I loathe MMA pressers now. They try too hard. Forrest Griffin actually was the best. Something to the effect of, “What? He’s going to try to beat me up; I’m going to try to beat him up. Someone’s going to win; someone’s going to lose. There you go!”

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 10, 2018

I was at a BBQ competition in Marietta Ohio as a sponsor and met a couple guys from PA. While chatting they mentioned being PSU fans. I asked if they knew about their wrestling team and they did. Then the younger guy told me that Jason Nolf went to his former high school. He was very proud.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 10, 2018

Also worth mentioning that the Virginia Tech wrestling trainer does competition BBQ. I've been shipping him briskets for about a year. Great guy. Go Hokies!

Gregory Martin added to this discussion on June 12, 2018

Myles is Myles and comparing him to a Cavaliers basketball
team is the dumbest shit I ever heard of, so many geniuses in this world of wrestling

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on June 12, 2018

Quote from Gregory Martin's post:

"Myles is Myles and comparing him to a Cavaliers basketball
team is the dumbest shit I ever heard of, so many geniuses in this world of wrestling"

I sense disdain for the Cavs more than the comparison! ;-) ;-) ;-)

Go Myles! Go Cavs! Go Buckeyes!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 12, 2018

Quote from Gregory Martin's post:

"Myles is Myles and comparing him to a Cavaliers basketball
team is the dumbest shit I ever heard of, so many geniuses in this world of wrestling"

Thank you for the compliment. I'm not a genius. Just some guy who enjoys talking wrestling and offering up some thoughts now and then that might seem a little unusual.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next