Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Freestyle & Greco Clubs in Columbus
Mike Geisz added to this discussion on March 5, 2008

What Freestyle and Greco clubs are open in Columbus? <nerd>

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Warren Edwards added to this discussion on March 6, 2008

Power Wrestling Club

http://olentangywrestling.tripod.com/id15.html

Scott Shaw added to this discussion on March 6, 2008

West Central Wrestling Club located at West Jefferson. Ben Llanas will be coaching the team. Contact Mike Branham for more info at mbranham@west-jefferson.k12.oh.us

The Warrior Club out at Watkins Memorial is another great freestyle club ran by Eddie Jayne. I haven't seen anything on it yet, but I am sure that it will be out soon.

Club Simpson Elite with Randy Simpson is another good club located in Reynoldsburg, however, it is for wrestlers that are already above average so it would depend on what you are looking for. Coach Simpson does offer Club Simpson freestyle training to anyone but this springs locations are at Northmor (way up North) or Caldwell (way out East) so it depends on where you are located. Info at http://www.randyswrestlingsite.com/clubsimpson.html

I hear T.J. Enright and Charlie Clark are going to run the new DeSales Club this spring. 4 days a week, two at DeSales and two at Thomas Worthington (maybe some foreshadowing on the new DeSales coach) but I haven't seen anything concrete there.

Those are just some of the top of my head. The Warrior Club is great if you live anywhere close to the eastside of Columbus.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 6, 2008

Quote from Scott Shaw's post:

"The Warrior Club is great if you live anywhere close to the eastside of Columbus."

True dat! I hear they get some EXCELLENT help from a local guy. He lives in Pataskala but coaches elsewhere...Groveport, I think. He's a stud for sure!!! I'll see if I can find his name.

Randy Simpson added to this discussion on March 7, 2008

Scott -
Thanks for the in-depth study of the local clubs. You are right about my Elite club. In fact - if you are a stud lightweight in Central Ohio, this is the club you should be going to. We have an outstanding group of smaller guys coming in. We also have some very tough junior high kids in it as well, and some pretty good middleweights (130 on up).

As for the Youth Elite - some very very tough young athletes in it. Some excellent 5th and 6th graders, as well as a few studs who are younger than that. The youth wrestlers will be trained in folkstyle for the first few weeks, to get them ready for their State Tournament.

Workouts will be very intense - come ready to train.

The other clubs I'm running are especially geared toward certain areas of the state. Club Simpson-Northmor is starting Monday. If you are able to get to Northmor on Mondays, it will be an excellent experience for you. We are expecting pretty big numbers for this one.

Club Simpson-Caldwell starts Wednesday. I am looking forward to returning to the Ohio Valley with this club. We are also expecting some very good numbers at this one as well.

For details and forms, check out my website: www.randyswrestlingsite.com.

-Coach Simpson

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on March 7, 2008

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"I hear they get some EXCELLENT help from a local guy. He lives in Pataskala but coaches elsewhere...Groveport, I think. He's a stud for sure!!! I'll see if I can find his name."

Yeah that guy is a stud. When I heard he was a 4x Sectional Qualifier, I was like, "We HAVE TO go there to train!!!" By the way, I'm a 4xer too. I have a club membership and everything. I don't know if you know this, but we're kind of a big deal!!! haha.

► Add to the Discussion