Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Ohio Intercollegiate Open
Rob Wagner added to this discussion on November 7, 2018

I see on the Bucks schedule that the intercollegiate open at Case Western is scheduled this weekend. I'm sure most if not all starters will NOT be going, but was curious if anyone had insight on what wrestlers OSU is sending (Sasso, Kinner, etc.) or any indication of the competition for this?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Don Bork added to this discussion on November 7, 2018

Looks like trackwrestling.com will be covering. Should have some information by Friday or Saturday. Hopefully most of the kids that were at the MSU open.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 7, 2018

So far I'm only seeing Heinselman & Hoffman in the Gold division, and Redlin & Marshall in the White division.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 7, 2018

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/buckeyes-roll-up-i-71-for-ohio-intercollegiate-open/

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on November 7, 2018

Trackwrestling shows 21 Buckeyes registered at the moment. However, the website doesn't show any other teams and registration closes in half an hour, so I'm guessing that isn't an up to date entry list.

I registered Akron's club wrestlers for the White division earlier this afternoon and received our receipt in the e-mail, but we aren't in said list, so it must just take time to show the entries.

John Ice added to this discussion on November 7, 2018

I think I’m gonna be able to make the trip out there!

Jake Burcher added to this discussion on November 7, 2018

Ohio State sent out a tweet earlier today that showed all of their starters minus Moore are entered.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 7, 2018

I love what tOSU is doing with these two Opens to start the season. Not the toughest competition, but tough enough to get a feel for where the true freshman are at in their first competition at the college level. I was watching some of the MSU Open videos, and these freshman are real good on top, especially Kinner. Redlin (165), the 4-time state champ from Texas pinned 4 guys in a row in cons. after a close loss to Emil Soenhlin in the first match. These guys are going to be fun to watch.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 7, 2018

Very cool that Case is hosting a large event for wrestlers throughout the state. It's a great idea.

Incidentally, Mister Brisket will be open until 3pm on Saturday. We are about ten minutes from Case. Pastrami, CB and Brisket will be hot and ready to go.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on November 8, 2018

Very excited almost the whole team is being brought in for this tourney. I think I too will make the trek to Case. On Another note.....

I'm just amazed at the talent the Bucks have coming in next year. I know last year was great, but the class of 2019....WOW. (Via InterMat rankings on 11/7)

#1 Decatur (113)
#1 Decatur (132)
#2 D'Emilio (132) We've barley talked about this guy!
#1 Kharchla (170)
#11 Stein (220)
#1 Kerkvliet

Amazing.

Does anyone have any idea if the Bucks are still trying to target 1 or 2 more guys from next year's class?

How are the Decatur boys so different in size? The smaller looks so tine for his weight and Jordan looks huge. Really hope Jacob can mold into 125 with 1-2 years, he looks smaller than when Heinselman was coming in.

Either way I'd like to see a recruiting class more loadedthan this (Yes even PSU in recent years) with the loss of so many top guys next year Ryan has to think about starting the best at each weight, and this could very well be 2 or 3 guys listed above.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 8, 2018

Quote from Jake Burcher's post:

"Ohio State sent out a tweet earlier today that showed all of their starters minus Moore are entered."

Wow!

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 8, 2018

Anyone know why we haven't seen Rocky Jordan in these Opens yet?

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 8, 2018

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"Anyone know why we haven't seen Rocky Jordan in these Opens yet?"

Bass Fishing regionals, districts, and states have been going on. He'll be there though.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 9, 2018

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Very cool that Case is hosting a large event for wrestlers throughout the state. It's a great idea.

Incidentally, Mister Brisket will be open until 3pm on Saturday. We are about ten minutes from Case. Pastrami, CB and Brisket will be hot and ready to go."

Since it's on Sunday, MB will be closed. However, I plan to attend if anyone wants to meet.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 9, 2018

i know the Case/University circle area as i periodically visit the Stokes VA hospital and the Museum of Art, but i don't know where the CaseWestern arena is, street, anyone know?

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next