Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Ohio Intercollegiate Open
Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 9, 2018

Veale Center, 2138 Adelbert Rd. according to Trackwrestling site. Looks like there is a big parking deck next to the arena.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 10, 2018

thanks---28 buckeyes wrestling. Only guys not wrestling are...
Rocky Jordan
Myles Martin
Kollin Moore
Joey Mckenna

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 10, 2018

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"thanks---28 buckeyes wrestling. Only guys not wrestling are...
Rocky Jordan
Myles Martin
Kollin Moore
Joey Mckenna"

Probably protecting their records and rankings.

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on November 11, 2018

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

Rocky Jordan
Myles Martin
Kollin Moore
Joey Mckenna"

Probably protecting their records and rankings."

Isn't Martin getting ready for U23 Worlds or something?

Edit: Moore too.

Steve Durose added to this discussion on November 11, 2018

"

Rocky Jordan
Myles Martin
Kollin Moore
Joey Mckenna"

I lol'd.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 11, 2018

Singletary got confidence builder, maybe best match of the day 14-9 over impressive Mason Paris- not you typical hvwt match, this was wrestled like a high level 141 match. Teacher in finals will be a tuff out but Singletary showed he has skills.

great preseason event, nice facility, congrats to Case Western, and to Ohio St for bringing so many wrestlers.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on November 11, 2018

Outstanding day for the Buckeyes. I mean, darn near perfect with nine champs and without arguably the three best wrestlers on the team. The young guys really brought it.

A few thoughts:

-Heinselman is clearly the top 125 on the roster, but there's no evidence suggesting he's one of the top 10 guys in the country at this time. At this point, I'd redshirt him and let him loose a year from now.

-Sammy Sasso fell 9-7 to Micah Jordan. Haven't seen the match, but the margin is surprising. Sasso is further along than I would've expected if he's battling title contenders to a one-score match.

-At 157, Elijah Cleary beat world champion Will Lewan and nearly beat teammate Keshawn Hayes. Cleary has improved and it will be interesting to see where he goes from here. Also, former OSU recruit Jaden Mattox took fifth and blew out several of his opponents.

-At 174, Ethan Smith avenged his intrasquad setback to Teshan Campbell and apparently broke through Campbell's defense. Could a lineup change be coming?

-At 285, Chase Singletary silenced critics with a convincing win over Michigan stud freshman Mason Parris and an overtime win over NCAA Division II runnerup Kameron Teacher. With respect to Gary Traub, who is better than any of us had expected, Singletary should be OSU's starter. His ceiling is higher.

-Aside from those mentioned, Luke Pletcher, Quinn Kinner, Kaleb Romero, Gavin Hoffman and Kevin Snyder all won titles.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 11, 2018

Quote from Steve Durose's post:

"

"

Rocky Jordan
Myles Martin
Kollin Moore
Joey Mckenna"

I lol'd."

Thanks for playing along, Steve. At least SOMEONE gets my (failed attempts at) humor.

[quote="Drew Taylor"] A few thoughts:

-Heinselman is clearly the top 125 on the roster, but there's no evidence suggesting he's one of the top 10 guys in the country at this time. At this point, I'd redshirt him and let him loose a year from now.

-Sammy Sasso fell 9-7 to Micah Jordan. Haven't seen the match, but the margin is surprising. Sasso is further along than I would've expected if he's battling title contenders to a one-score match.]

agree, imo Heinselman not read yet, not big enough but speed and skill are there, hard worker, great student too- by JANUARY could be the starter. .......Sasso great all day, on u like a cheap suit, and tough on top, great kid i hear too. Great situation, he & Micah will make each other better.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 11, 2018

IMO, I thought Heinselman & Kinner finally came up against older & physically stronger opponents, not like the week before. The kid from Indiana, who is their second stringer, gave Malik a hard time. The only reason Kinner overcame the disadvantage is because he can ride tough, real tough. With a good RS year under their belts, these two will win a lot of matches for the Bucks.

Heinselman is now going from walking around 132 to 125, disadvantage to him with opponents going from 140 to 125 --

i believe Ryan feels Bucks need to solve 125, 165, hvwt --he is Not conceding this seasons title to Penn st

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 11, 2018

Bob: Ryan got his answer at 285. Parris is currently in redshirt but has shown himself to be a top ten Singletary just beat him and then D2 stud Teacher from NDC. Nice afternoon

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 12, 2018

Paris wont be in RS long, he is a powerful man & athlete, Mich state low hurdles champ im told, YES! --huge win Singletary, u wont often see HVWTS scramble like these two did. Both could AA.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 12, 2018

"Paris wont be in RS long, he is a powerful man & athlete, Mich state low hurdles champ im told, YES! --huge win Singletary, u wont often see HVWTS scramble like these two did. Both could AA."

Singletary will have ups and downs because of his lack of horsepower. But he is a highly skilled technician who understands how to win. He could be much better by end of season.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 12, 2018

Is anyone concerned that the OSU starting 125 got pinned by a DIII freshman? 125 & 174 have to be big concerns for Coach Ryan. Do you go with Heinselman & Smith? or perhaps wait until the first of the year to see where things stand. Dual meet wins have never been Ryans top priority in the past.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next