Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Cleveland st hosts Kent friday
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on January 29, 2019

at Woodling 7 pm for local bragging rights-- how do u see it, local gurus Hank, Luke, Ethan, Jared, savvy observers. Which way are these programs going?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jared Ball added to this discussion on January 29, 2019

I’ve seen more results from Kent then CSU. I don’t have much in the way to offer. I’m most impressed that central Ohio wrestler Tim Rooney is all the way down at 133. Especially when he was a state runner up at 152 to Telab Rahmani of Pitt.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 30, 2019

Re Kent: When Conel got hurt it took away any major ambitions the squad harbored. Him going down ripped a pretty big hole in their season.

CSU is not very competitive at the moment but Moore seems committed and deserves time.

One wonders if there's animosity between Andrassy and Moore? My guess is both teams are badly going to want to win and this will be a hard fought dual.

Last edited by Hank Kornblut on January 31, 2019; edited 1 time in total

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on January 30, 2019

KSU should be giving hard consideration to making David Bolyard their HC. If you look at who left EMU when their program was cut - they'd have had a really nice squad this year.

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"KSU should be giving hard consideration to making David Bolyard their HC. If you look at who left EMU when their program was cut - they'd have had a really nice squad this year."

Excellent suggestion.

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on January 30, 2019

It really sounds lame even as I write it but I have to get it off my chest.
I used to love to go to CSU matches but since they redid Euclid Ave, I find it a real pain. Parking is impossible to find and nothing is very close to the gym except for their (IMO) over priced garage. It used to be that you could find space and walk to the building quite easily but I haven't found a way to do that recently.
Is there something that I have missed?

Quote from Jim Behrens's post:

"It really sounds lame even as I write it but I have to get it off my chest.
I used to love to go to CSU matches but since they redid Euclid Ave, I find it a real pain. Parking is impossible to find and nothing is very close to the gym except for their (IMO) over priced garage. It used to be that you could find space and walk to the building quite easily but I haven't found a way to do that recently.
Is there something that I have missed?"

You're right. I have friends that own a long time Cleve business in that area. They said the "re-do" of Euclid ave is a disaster and terrible for businesses and the public.

Brian Grimm added to this discussion on February 2, 2019

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

You're right. I have friends that own a long time Cleve business in that area. They said the "re-do" of Euclid ave is a disaster and terrible for businesses and the public."

The garage cost $4 AND took over 30 minutes to exit because payment could only be made by machine at one exit. Brilliant. Euclid was designed for busses and without regard to the businesses.

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on February 2, 2019

Quote from Brian Grimm's post:

"

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

You're right. I have friends that own a long time Cleve business in that area. They said the "re-do" of Euclid ave is a disaster and terrible for businesses and the public."

The garage cost $4 AND took over 30 minutes to exit because payment could only be made by machine at one exit. Brilliant. Euclid was designed for busses and without regard to the businesses."

The last time I went I think it was $10 (which I thought was kind of high for 2 hours). $4 is much better but the problem you described isn't so good.
You are describing exactly what I thought, Euclid Ave was not well conceived for pedestrians and cars.

► Add to the Discussion