Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Discussion Topic: Bucks vs. PSU
Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 13, 2019

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"...but his offense and creativity are almost supernatural."

Well put.

A modern era Rick Sanders?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 13, 2019

I wish there was more old tapes of Sanders matches, what a character. I got to watch him live in the '70's at AAU Nationals at John Carroll University. He'd stick that lead leg out there daring you to grab it. He's the first guy I ever saw use the spladle, in the Olympics.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 14, 2019

I just watched RBY’s counter to Pletcher’s single in slow motion on the DVR.

It seems the PSU wrestlers are really comfortable/practiced using their opponent’s momentum in tandem with a leg elevation/hip heist to counter strong leg attacks....Nickal, Nolf, now RBY.

Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting!

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on February 14, 2019

I watched the Bo Nickal - Kollin Moore match in slow motion to see how Nickal was able to lock up the cradle. When I had watched the match this past Friday in real-time I had thought that Bo had immediately locked up the cradle and then drove with his legs in order to get Kollin on his back, but that turned out not to be the case at all. Bo had his right arm behind Kollin's left thigh and his left arm draped over Kollin's head. He then drove very hard forward with his legs and Kollin turned into him, which forced Kollin's head under Bo's chest and closer to Kollin's knee which is when Bo was able to lock up the cradle. In other words, Bo knew that the driving forward action would produce a predictable motion from his opponent, which would allow the cradle to be locked up.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 14, 2019

Would it have behooved McKenna to moderate his tempo in the first period?

He seemed really smoked in the last minute of the match.

Liam Bateman added to this discussion on February 14, 2019

I’m starting to think this is a Penn State forum. Jason Nolf this Bo Nickal that D.T., Penn States great RTC. The reason Penn State fans are great is because the don’t sit around talking up other teams and bashing there own.
Let me put something into perspective for ya’ll. Jason Nolf is probably 4th at 74kg behind Burroughs Dake and Ringer, that’s leaving Imar out, you might want to slow down with the hand jobs. Secondly, Nickal is never, ever beating Taylor or Snyder so his freestyle career is null and void. We have a world champ and four timer in Steiner while zain has yet to make it out of the first round overseas. The last time he had anyone in his weight class in college he finished 5th, research it.
Start getting behind your team or jump ship.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on February 14, 2019

Liam, I think with the vast knowledge most posters have about all levels of wrestling; many are simply taking the time to appreciate just how good some of these collegiate athletes are. Giving credit where credit is due is alright in my book, Nickal & co. have certainly earned it.

So has Myles Martin, show me the last time someone talked him up the way everyone in this forum blows Nolf and Bo.
Myles is as big a favorite this year than anyone and tears through everyone in his way. Micah took ashnault down 5 times, are you aware of that? McKenna was a blown takedown call from a trip to the finals last year and has owned everyone this year. He has one bad match because he’s not conditioned yet from being injured and the sky’s falling. Whatever, throw out any excuse you want, celebrate what we have instead of looking in someone else’s backyard.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on February 14, 2019

I love discussing great wrestling. Nolf and Nickal are all-time collegiate greats AND all-time pinners.

Learning from a team that won 7 / 8 titles is NOT a bad thing - despite your colorful descriptions to the contrary.

Myles is fun to watch - like a snake charmer swaying in front of the snake before grabbing their tail (well ankles in MyMar's case). I think he has tremendous upside for Int'l wrestling should he desire to pursue that road.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 14, 2019

Quote from Liam Bateman's post:

"I’m starting to think this is a Penn State forum. Jason Nolf this Bo Nickal that D.T., Penn States great RTC. The reason Penn State fans are great is because the don’t sit around talking up other teams and bashing there own.
Let me put something into perspective for ya’ll. Jason Nolf is probably 4th at 74kg behind Burroughs Dake and Ringer, that’s leaving Imar out, you might want to slow down with the hand jobs. Secondly, Nickal is never, ever beating Taylor or Snyder so his freestyle career is null and void. We have a world champ and four timer in Steiner while zain has yet to make it out of the first round overseas. The last time he had anyone in his weight class in college he finished 5th, research it.
Start getting behind your team or jump ship."

Last time I saw Bo Nickel wrestle a freestyle match he was getting tossed around like a rag doll by Nick Heflin.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 14, 2019

"So has Myles Martin, show me the last time someone talked him up the way everyone in this forum blows Nolf and Bo.
Myles is as big a favorite this year than anyone and tears through everyone in his way. Micah took ashnault down 5 times, are you aware of that? McKenna was a blown takedown call from a trip to the finals last year and has owned everyone this year. He has one bad match because he’s not conditioned yet from being injured and the sky’s falling. Whatever, throw out any excuse you want, celebrate what we have instead of looking in someone else’s backyard."

Can't wait for the Ashnault match up. Micah dug a hole early, but again, showing he could take Ashnault down 5 times is impressive.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on February 14, 2019

Liam = Our Kentucky Mudflap

Go Bucks!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 14, 2019

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"Liam, I think with the vast knowledge most posters have about all levels of wrestling; many are simply taking the time to appreciate just how good some of these collegiate athletes are. Giving credit where credit is due is alright in my book, Nickal & co. have certainly earned it."

Stop making sense.

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"

"So has Myles Martin, show me the last time someone talked him up the way everyone in this forum blows Nolf and Bo.
Myles is as big a favorite this year than anyone and tears through everyone in his way. Micah took ashnault down 5 times, are you aware of that? McKenna was a blown takedown call from a trip to the finals last year and has owned everyone this year. He has one bad match because he’s not conditioned yet from being injured and the sky’s falling. Whatever, throw out any excuse you want, celebrate what we have instead of looking in someone else’s backyard."

Can't wait for the Ashnault match up. Micah dug a hole early, but again, showing he could take Ashnault down 5 times is impressive."

Agreed, bottom woes.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on February 15, 2019

"Agreed, bottom woes."

Does this qualify as celebrating what we have? :)

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next