Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Big Ten brackets are up
Freddy Carr added to this discussion on March 9, 2019

Was up 4–2 with about 30 left. Edge of mat got hipped over.

First TD probably wasn’t a TD. Had trouble finishing several times.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Campbell wins 4-1 over Morland. 3rd period TD and RT.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 9, 2019

Great win by Pletcher 8-5 over RBY

Pletcher over RBY. Real nice TD and 2NF in 2nd.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on March 9, 2019

Pletcher gets it done!

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 9, 2019

Quote from Joe Kinzel's post:

"

Quote from Freddy Carr's post:

"Heinselman got handled easily by Schroder. Major decision."

🤐
I hope TR knows something we don’t."

i am ok with TR decision. Identified by most of us early on as a "weak wt" along with 165, TR made 2 moves, installing Heinselman at 125 & moving Campbell down to 165. Situation better than it was early in season. ...

Heinselman even if 2 & out will go into next season with experience under pressure, presumably more ready to have a good season. Theres no sense RSing anyone unless a better guy is ahead of him at that wt.

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on March 9, 2019

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"

Quote from Joe Kinzel's post:

"

"Heinselman got handled easily by Schroder. Major decision."

🤐
I hope TR knows something we don’t."

i am ok with TR decision. Identified by most of us early on as a "weak wt" along with 165, TR made 2 moves, installing Heinselman at 125 & moving Campbell down to 165. Situation better than it was early in season. ...

Heinselman even if 2 & out will go into next season with experience under pressure, presumably more ready to have a good season. Theres no sense RSing anyone unless a better guy is ahead of him at that wt."

Bob, you make a good point but I still think allowing Heinselman to mature for a year would have been the better plan. This kid has the talent to potentially contend for a title when he gets some size and strength. A career 125 that could be a four year AA is extremely hard to come by. We could have had it. Allowing him to redshirt would have given him a year's worth of experience in the room and a chance to grow. With virtually no chance at winning the team title this year I don't like burning a year of eligibility.
Then again, I am not one of the best DI coaches in the nation and Tom Ryan is.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on March 9, 2019

A couple of close matches that could have made that round outstanding.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 9, 2019

"Pletcher over RBY. Real nice TD and 2NF in 2nd."

How ironic, wasn't that the same lift that RBY rolled out of at the dual meet that cost Luke the match? The staff apparently went over that move and were able to turn it against RBY this time.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on March 9, 2019

I would rate the Buckeye performance thus far a 3 out of 5. Most matches went as predicted with Pletcher scoring the only win versus a higher seeded opponent. On the positive end you have five in the semis with three favorable matchups, one toss up, and one underdog. I think you have to like the possibility of putting four in the finals. Luke did himself a major solid. Even if he loses the semi I like his road back through consis' against the backpack. let's hope for some rekindling of his 2017 CKLV performance tonight against Micic. Heinsleman has Oliver and Smith has Christenson. Both have wins over these opponents from earlier in the year, but you have to feel relatively optimistic about their chances. Chase's road back is not as clear. He has to go through two AA's (Hemida and Stoll) just to make the consi semis. Ironically, if he manages those two matches his "easiest" match could be a consi-semi against Jennings (NW). On a bad night all three place outside the top eight and have to hope for an at large bid, which I think Singletary and Smith probably have earned...Malik needs to help himself here. Campbell has a favorable draw back to the consi-semis. I'd like to see one signature win out of him this weekend! Minnesota is having a heck of a first two rounds (stock up!). Iowa...what's going on? (stock down).

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 9, 2019

Big Tens are tough and every team outside of PSU has had some unexpected losses. Even PSU probably thought they could advance Stalling Bravo Young to the semis (notice how much his style changed when he was forced to be active). Bucks look solid although it's a tough cons road for Heinselman and Singletary.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 9, 2019

Heinselman got hosed by the official. Winning by one, he gave up a stall point near end of regulation. It was ridiculous as he'd pressed the action the entire match. he pressed the action in OT and the ref just wouldn't make the call. You could tell the coaches were ticked.

The more of those "stalling" calls I see, the more I want them to go to the FS step out point! How many more shots did Malik take in OT than Oliver? But no stall call.

They just announced Micic forfeit to Pletcher, wow.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 10, 2019

Big day today but Bucks have had a very good Big Tens to this point. They are comfortably ahead of Iowa, Nebraska, Minny and Michigan in the standings and these are all very good teams.

Unfortunately, they are going to struggle to score more points as only McKenna and Myles will be favored to win their finals bouts. I think Micah can beat Ashnault but Pletch and Moore have tough assignments. Hopefully, Hayes, Campbell and Smith can squeeze out a few more cons wins.

Last edited by Hank Kornblut on March 10, 2019; edited 1 time in total

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next