Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Shakur Rasheed's Forfeit
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 11, 2019

I think Cael chose not to wrestle him because he didn't want Myles to get a feel for what he does. I think it was deliberate strategy to try and get a competitive edge. I think it's likely that Cael has a plan for this matchup and didn't want Myles to get his hands on Rasheed.

If I were the Big Ten, I'd be ticked and want to know why a nationally televised event was missing a marquee matchup. I would like to see them investigate. And if Rasheed's injury isn't significant, Cael should be fined.

Am I full of it?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 11, 2019

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"I think Cael chose not to wrestle him because he didn't want Myles to get a feel for what he does. I think it was deliberate strategy to try and get a competitive edge. I think it's likely that Cael has a plan for this matchup and didn't want Myles to get his hands on Rasheed.

If I were the Big Ten, I'd be ticked and want to know why a nationally televised event was missing a marquee matchup. I would like to see them investigate. And if Rasheed's injury isn't significant, Cael should be fined.

Am I full of it?"

Yes and No. No because it sucks this happened, but yes because it's not against the rules so....

Jim Behrens added to this discussion on March 11, 2019

Heck, I am more upset that the Big 10 Network delayed wrestling coverage of their premier wrestling event to finish a BB game. They delayed it and we still missed the first match.
IMO, if you put it on the schedule for certain time, put the damned thing on at THAT time.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 11, 2019

It's embarrassing for the sport. Cael should be called to task by the media. Hopefully the Flo guys have the courage to do so on FRL this week.

Same with Micic at 33. I think it's clear that Bormet knew he'd be putting the 1 seed on the line if he got to Suriano or Desanto in the final and chose not to risk it.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 11, 2019

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"It's embarrassing for the sport. Cael should be called to task by the media. Hopefully the Flo guys have the courage to do so on FRL this week.

Same with Micic at 33. I think it's clear that Bormet knew he'd be putting the 1 seed on the line if he got to Suriano or Desanto in the final and chose not to risk it."

Understood but they chose to ff in the semis so that we had a finals bout. Cael put Rasheed out against Venz (tight match which Venz could win next time) and then FF in the finals.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 11, 2019

My point is both programs decided to duck competition. In the rankings of cowardice, I suppose PSU's was more egregious.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 11, 2019

"I think Cael chose not to wrestle him because he didn't want Myles to get a feel for what he does. I think it was deliberate strategy to try and get a competitive edge. I think it's likely that Cael has a plan for this matchup and didn't want Myles to get his hands on Rasheed. "

as i recall Rasheed didnt face Myles in the dual meet either ..if its a plan, its quite an elaborate plan indeed.

Luke Moore added to this discussion on March 11, 2019

I sure hope Rasheed not wrestling is due to some nagging injury. If not, this seems to go against the Cael methodology of go out and wrestle, have fun, be aggressive, etc. I can't see him ducking a guy so that he can have a better plan at nationals...at least I hope not. I don't want to have to change my sons name because of this!

Joe Kinzel added to this discussion on March 11, 2019

Hank,
I would bet you are correct. Was it a good strategy? Probably. Rasheed has one shot at beating Myles. Cael knows that if Rasheed showed MyMar his technique it would lower his chances of pulling off the upset.

I haven't been over to the Penn State forum yet. I wonder what their fans are saying about it because they are typically the first to call this sort of thing out.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on March 11, 2019

"I think Cael chose not to wrestle him because he didn't want Myles to get a feel for what he does. I think it was deliberate strategy to try and get a competitive edge. I think it's likely that Cael has a plan for this matchup and didn't want Myles to get his hands on Rasheed. "

I thought the same thing when I saw they were forfeiting.

I also couldn't believe Steveson let Cassar burn away the first period, it let him stay in the match and get the win with one TD.

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"Same with Micic at 33. I think it's clear that Bormet knew he'd be putting the 1 seed on the line if he got to Suriano or Desanto in the final and chose not to risk it."

They should count (for seeding purposes) as L's. If there is not punishment, then is it really a "crime"?

Quote from Luke Moore's post:

" I don't want to have to change my sons name because of this!"

bwahahahaha A+ comment.

Quote from Joe Kinzel's post:

"I haven't been over to the Penn State forum yet. I wonder what their fans are saying about it because they are typically the first to call this sort of thing out."

No need to go slumming. :)

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on March 11, 2019

Carl should be fined!! I would like to personally say he's on the hot seat for his coward move. Carl is a disgrace for wrestling and the B1G itself.

I remember there was a dad of a former Penn State wrestler calling for Ohio State to be in trouble or docked for not wrestling over break. I wonder what this "vanilla snowflake" has to say about this BS move?

Matt Schein added to this discussion on March 11, 2019

Lame

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next