Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Discussion Topic: Thoughts on Ohio State in 2019-2020 season
Robert Pohlman added to this discussion on April 3, 2019

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Ryan said hes ok ...plan is to RS Kerkvliet, not etched in stone though .

only 2 certainties are 197 & Sasso at 149."

Is this because Luke might move weights? Would have to think Luke being in the lineup is a certainty?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 3, 2019

Quote from Robert Pohlman's post:

"

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"Ryan said hes ok ...plan is to RS Kerkvliet, not etched in stone though .

only 2 certainties are 197 & Sasso at 149."

Is this because Luke might move weights? Would have to think Luke being in the lineup is a certainty?"

Robert, my comment not related to who will or wont be in the lineup, except for 2 wts i mentioned. i don't know those answers and i don't think Ryan does either. My comment merely means 8 wts are not set -- guys might be asked to RS, might get beat out, or might move to another wt. (Luke hasnt taken a RS yet either)

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 3, 2019

Wonder where Ryan sees Hayes?

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on April 3, 2019

Today, Flo released a projected look at Ohio State's 2019-20 lineup with Hayes at 141. Kinner and Pletcher are options there as well.

The article also is complimentary of Rocky Jordan and gives insight into why he did not wrestle any matches this year. The article is behind Flo's paywall, so I won't share anymore details.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on April 4, 2019

I’m assuming flo spoke directly with someone on staff at some point regarding some intel. Based on straight speculation I don’t know how Rocky jumps ahead of Smith. Maybe he’s really progressed since his injury, or perhaps he’s just that much better, but there isn’t anything for one to go off of to make that assumption. Very seldom have recent Graham kids shown up to the NCAA not college ready but let’s not forget that Rocky was not as hearalded as either of his brothers.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on April 4, 2019

I would love the irony (and dinner conversation) if Rocky won an NCAA title.

Jason Fair added to this discussion on April 4, 2019

The Flo article does make me wonder if Rocky has been overlooked some, since he did not compete this past year. It would be something if he started and AA’d next season.

I cannot recall another team most people would probably have in their top 5 going into next year with as many lineup questions as the bucks. With so much talent, it’s going to be very interesting to see how things play out.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on April 4, 2019

Quite frankly, Rocky barely won the state title his senior year over Ashton Eyler from Claymont, and that match should have gone to OT, as Rocky only avoided being hit with stalling because he's Rocky Jordan.

I don't think Rocky has the skill set that his brothers did, but I've been wrong before. I hope that he wins multiple national titles for OSU, because I hope that for all OSU wrestlers, but I wouldn't bet my mortgage payment on it.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 4, 2019

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"Quite frankly, Rocky barely won the state title his senior year over Ashton Eyler from Claymont, and that match should have gone to OT, as Rocky only avoided being hit with stalling because he's Rocky Jordan."

Coaches I was sitting around thought same thing given how stalling is interpreted in OH.

That said, he did defeat Carson K in Ironman semi's that season as well.

He definitely looks like his name. Looks like he could be a warrior from Sparta.

Last edited by Brady Hiatt on April 5, 2019; edited 1 time in total

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 5, 2019

Quote from Drew Taylor's post:

"Today, Flo released a projected look at Ohio State's 2019-20 lineup with Hayes at 141. Kinner and Pletcher are options there as well.

The article also is complimentary of Rocky Jordan and gives insight into why he did not wrestle any matches this year. The article is behind Flo's paywall, so I won't share anymore details."

Drew, no paywall on OWN, lol .. ..not Hayes, Kinner & Pletcher at 141- rather Hayes, Kinner & Stickley ...Pletcher can make 133 or RS, his comp is Jordan Decatur ... Rocky not healthy past season but is legit threat now at 174.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on April 5, 2019

Rocky taking over 74 + Hoffman at 84 + incoming recruits + new Maryland coach = possible transfer for Smith?

I think he is a valuable asset, and wrestled very well as a freshman. But I can't see this as a good situation if he is behind multiple FR.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 5, 2019

I'd be shocked if Rocky is better than Smith but I'm not in the room. That said--I want to watch the best wrestler compete.

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"Rocky taking over 74 + Hoffman at 84 + incoming recruits + new Maryland coach = possible transfer for Smith?

I think he is a valuable asset, and wrestled very well as a freshman. But I can't see this as a good situation if he is behind multiple FR."

Smith to 165 where he and Romero compete ... Karchla good enough but since 165 crowded with Marinelli, joseph, Shields White, Karchla will RS.

btw as Jason Jackson & Hank and other long time OW.netters know, this info comes from Dano. Euclid boy makes good, lounge act opening for big names in Vegas- but hes usually right.

some say he is mythical, i wonder myself .....??

Jared Ball added to this discussion on April 6, 2019

Smith wrestled 184 as a redshirt. Can he really drop two weights? These are great problems to have as a program. There are a lot of unknowns about this team next year but there is a lot to be excited about. Keyshawn really seems to be the individual to me that represents the tipping point in the recruiting evolution between The old recruiting and the Anthony Ralph effect. Five or six years ago a blue chip like Hayes is brought in and starts four straight years without anyone else being brought in to crowd the weight. Those days are over. I truly believe that when it’s stated that everything is up for grabs it’s meant now more than ever. The aim should be Iowa depth with PSU talent. I believe the Bucks are meshing the two better than most.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next