Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: 2019-20 Buckeyes
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 12, 2019

Quote from Jared Ball's post:

"
Speaking of Hayes where does he fit? Is he a better option then Mattox or Cleary at 157? Can he beat Sasso? Can he even make 141 still? I’d say the latter is the most viable option, if possible."

Sasso and KeShawn wr off at 149, i believe, if Sasso loses he goes to 157 to compete, if K loses he goes to 141 i think.

other 157/165 competitors:
Elijah Cleary
KeShawn Hayes
Jaden Mattox
Romero or Smith
Carson

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on August 14, 2019

I know everything says Carson will RS but if the weight clears out with RS and guys moving up would they pull his RS. Lewis from VT is taking olympic RS and rumor on PSU forums is Joseph will move up to 174 with Hall taking olympic RS.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 14, 2019

Quote from Jim Kessen's post:

"I know everything says Carson will RS but if the weight clears out with RS and guys moving up would they pull his RS. Lewis from VT is taking olympic RS and rumor on PSU forums is Joseph will move up to 174 with Hall taking olympic RS."

Tom Ryan has been known to change his mind

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on August 14, 2019

"I know everything says Carson will RS but if the weight clears out with RS and guys moving up would they pull his RS. Lewis from VT is taking olympic RS and rumor on PSU forums is Joseph will move up to 174 with Hall taking olympic RS."

if Hall takes olympic, psu will need to get sensational Aaron Brooks into lineup, hes a 174

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Tom Ryan has been known to change his mind"

not so much mind changing in this case Hank, its complicated, depends on results of 2 wr offs, 149 and 184--- imo.

insider gave me 5 guys who've really looked good, raised their level-- 2 r at 133 Jordan Decatur and D'Emilio. if KeShawn loses wr off to Sasso at 149 he tries 141 i think. If Pletcher cant make 133 anymore he can RS, KeShawn will be gone in a year. ....this whole lineup at ohio st is sooooooo complicated.

If this happens then that happens, at 174/184 too. At 165 if Smith has to go up to 174 because Jordan takes 184 then Karchla may have to start at 165. .... it all depends on 2 wr offs, 149 and 184.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on August 14, 2019

[quote="Bob Preusse"]

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

" ....this whole lineup at ohio st is sooooooo complicated."

It never has to be complicated.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on August 14, 2019

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"

if Hall takes olympic, psu will need to get sensational Aaron Brooks into lineup, hes a 174"

Not according to Brooks he isn't

(Penn State coach Cael Sanderson) told me they believe I could win at any weight class this year, 174 or 184," Brooks said. "But I told Coach I wouldn't want to get down to 174, so put someone else in there.

good insight on Brooks

" and rumor on PSU forums is Joseph will move up to 174 with Hall taking olympic RS."

maybe but can he make 163 ?? Hall's screwed by the Olympic weights .... too big for 163 and too small for 185.

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on August 14, 2019

"
If Pletcher cant make 133 anymore he can RS, KeShawn will be gone in a year. ....this whole lineup at ohio st is sooooooo complicated.
"

Sorry, I know this complicates things even more, but what if KeShawn is granted another year of eligibility?

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on August 15, 2019

[quote="Jeff Streu"]

"
If Pletcher cant make 133 anymore he can RS, KeShawn will be gone in a year. ....this whole lineup at ohio st is sooooooo complicated.
"

Sorry, I know this complicates things even more, but what if KeShawn is granted another year of eligibility?[/quote

This. I know some people have lost faith but what if Keshawn ends up I high AA this year at 141 or 149? It would be crazy not to try to get the 6th year. Lots of younger talent behind him but a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 5, 2019

Pletcher just named a Captain (along with Kolin Moore) might indicate hes not RSing ?

5 tough "at's" here --at Iowa, at Minn 2 days apart.

2019-20 BIG TEN SCHEDULE

Rutgers, Jan. 10

at Wisconsin, Jan. 17

Illinois, Jan. 19

at Iowa, Jan. 24

at Minnesota, Jan. 26

Maryland, Jan. 31

at Nebraska, Feb. 2

Northwestern, Feb. 9

at Penn State, Feb. 15

Alex Creech added to this discussion on September 5, 2019

"Pletcher just named a Captain (along with Kolin Moore) might indicate hes not RSing ?

5 tough "at's" here --at Iowa, at Minn 2 days apart.

2019-20 BIG TEN SCHEDULE

Rutgers, Jan. 10

at Wisconsin, Jan. 17

Illinois, Jan. 19

at Iowa, Jan. 24

at Minnesota, Jan. 26

Maryland, Jan. 31

at Nebraska, Feb. 2

Northwestern, Feb. 9

at Penn State, Feb. 15"

That's a brutal schedule, good thing duals don't mean anything.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on September 5, 2019

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"That's a brutal schedule, good thing duals don't mean anything."

do duals mean anything? im sure they mean something, esp all-important Seeding at Big Tens. Also dual wins by a wrestler will enhance his record and can get him a Wild Card to the NCAA tourn.

beyond that duals get fans jacked up and maintain season long interest, we don't just get interested in college wrestling in March. Individual rivalries develop in duals. To the best programs --Penn St, Iowa, OKla St-- duals matter. I know Ryan feels that way.

Alex Creech added to this discussion on September 5, 2019

"

Quote from Alex Creech's post:

"That's a brutal schedule, good thing duals don't mean anything."

do duals mean anything? im sure they mean something, esp all-important Seeding at Big Tens. Also dual wins by a wrestler will enhance his record and can get him a Wild Card to the NCAA tourn.

beyond that duals get fans jacked up and maintain season long interest, we don't just get interested in college wrestling in March. Individual rivalries develop in duals. To the best programs --Penn St, Iowa, OKla St-- duals matter. I know Ryan feels that way."

Individually sure, but that's irrespective of whether it's a dual or not. Winning or losing a dual means absolutely nothing except for pride.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next