Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: #3 Ohio State vs. Stanford @ 7pm Sunday night
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on November 8, 2019

OHIO STATE BUCKEYES .........STANFORD CARDINAL
(FloWrestling rankings used)
No. 21 Mailk Heinselman (3-3, So.) 125 lbs vs. Jackson DiSario (3-1, Fr.) -OR-
No. 14 Gabriel Townsell (0-0, Sr.)
No. 20 Quinn Kinner (4-2, r-Fr.)133 lbs vs.Brandon Kier (5-1, Sr.)
No. 1 Luke Pletcher (5-0, Sr.) 141 lbs vs. No. 15 Real Woods (4-0, r-Fr.)
No. 5 Sammy Sasso (5-0, r-Fr.) 149 lbs vs. No. 19 Requir van der Merwe (3-1, r-Jr.) Elijah Cleary (1-2, r-Jr.)157 lbs vs.Tyler Eischens (3-1, r-Fr.)
No. 12 Ethan Smith (5-1, r-So.) 165 lbs vs. No. 8 Shane Griffith (4-0, r-Fr.)
No. 21 Kaleb Romero (5-0, r-So.)174 lbs vs. Jared Hill (0-0, r-Jr.) -OR-Foster Karmon (3-1, r-So.)
Gavin Hoffman (1-2, r-Fr.) -OR- 184 lbs vs. Nick Addison (0-0, Fr.) -OR- Zach Steiner (0-0, r-So.) vs. Colbey Harlan (0-0, So.)
No. 1 Kollin Moore (5-0, r-Sr.)197 lbs vs. No. 12 Nathan Traxler (3-0, r-Jr.)
No. 9 Chase Singletary (0-0, r-So.) -OR- 285 David Showunmi (5-1, r-Sr.) Gary Traub (5-1, r-Jr.)

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 8, 2019

Bucks should win going away with 141 and 165 the two feature matches.

I really wish College Wrestling would work more with the build up to the feature matches. Rearrange the matches so you have one of those two matches the 5th match before the break and the other one as match 10 to end the night.

There is a reason why MMA and Boxing have the best match-ups last.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on November 8, 2019

My thoughts:

125 - I'm hoping Townsell wrestles, because I want to see a good match for Malik. His bottom issues don't seem to be resolved, but I think his neutral game is still very good. I'd favor Townsell, and if he can work Malik on top it could get ugly.
3-0 Stanford

133 - I think Kinner wins this one 4-1 or something like that. I think he's going to have a bunch of 1-2 takedown matches where he gets 2:00+ of riding time and wins.
3-3 Tie

141 - Marquee match of the night!!! Pletcher v. Woods should be worth the price of admission itself. I think Pletcher gets one over the frosh, but this could be an NCAA semi in March.
6-3 OSU

149 - Another ranked matchup, but, honestly, I don't think this lasts a full 7 minutes. Sasso by tech or pin.
11-3 OSU

157 - Neither wrestler has been overly impressive, but I will give Cleary an advantage. Toss up though.
14-3 OSU

165 - Third ranked matchup of the night. A real measuring stick for Smith. Hopefully this starts at 125 so he has more recovery time from the weigh-in. I think Griffith wins a decision.
14-6 OSU

174 - So, Romero takes the spot in the first dual. No -or- with Rocky, so I assume we see Kaleb no matter what on Sunday. I think Romero wins a close, but comfortable, decision.
17-6 OSU

184 - I expect to see Hoffman, and I hope that he snaps out of whatever it is that seems to be the problem. Total homer pick based on what happened at the MSU Open.
20-6 OSU

197 - Second best match of the night. I think Moore wins a comfortable decision, 4-5 points, on his way to an NCAA title.
23-6 OSU

285 - If it's Singletary, I see a decision for Ohio State. If it's Traub, I see it as a toss up. I'll assume it's Singletary and OSU wins.
26-6 OSU

I see multiple toss ups, and, if everything went against OSU, they could lose this dual. I doubt that happens, and I think OSU wins handily.

#GoBucks

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 8, 2019

I just hope we win a match.

#GoBuckeyes

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 8, 2019

Kinner at MSU reminded me of Ethan Lizak. He needs to learn that crazy tilt Lizak used on almost everyone....including Nato.

Stanford has a solid squad although they're traveling across the country. Kinner, Smith and, presumably, Hoffman are all making huge cuts. This dual could be tighter than anticipated.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on November 8, 2019

Woods is a real challenge, dynamic athlete.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 8, 2019

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"Woods is a real challenge, dynamic athlete."

I see what you did there!! ????????

Jason Russell added to this discussion on November 9, 2019

I believe under a new NCAA rule, if tosu wants to pick the starting weight they can flip a coin and if they win they could pick 174.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 9, 2019

Jason - I think that rule is a move in the right direction. I'm all for innovating the format sport to improve the viewing product. In duals, put the highest ranked matches last (they don't have to be in traditional weight order).

In HS, I think we can move away from these hideously long tournaments in favor is smaller dual tournaments where teams get 3-4 matches in a day that starts at 9AM and ends before 4PM.

Jason Fair added to this discussion on November 10, 2019

Looks like Hoffman is at Ohio Intercollegiate Open Today. Guess Steiner is going 184 today (which makes sense since he won wrestle off). Jordan and Kharchla there too among others.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on November 10, 2019

Great interview with TR. Shares out info on Snyder and Kirkleviet departures as well as mindset. Ryan never disappoints as an interviewee.

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6596252-tom-ryan-on-snyders-departure-and-kerkvliet-transfer

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 10, 2019

Quote from Jared Ball's post:

"Great interview with TR. Shares out info on Snyder and Kirkleviet departures as well as mindset. Ryan never disappoints as an interviewee.

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6596252-tom-ryan-on-snyders-departure-and-kerkvliet-transfer"

Agree. Tom Ryan gives great answers to difficult questions. Kudos to the interviewer. He knew exactly what to ask and how to phrase the questions. Without giving names, he gives insight into Kerkvliet's departure and the reason Hayes hasn't had more success (injuries).

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on November 10, 2019

Dramatic win for Pletcher. As per usual.

Covelli looks cool. Tho, it does seem smallish. Could have used 2-4 more thousand seats IMO.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 10, 2019

Jason - any online results from the open today?

Bruce Andrews added to this discussion on November 10, 2019

The open results are on Trackwrestling.com
Ohio Intercollegiate Open Results for Ohio State
Gold Division 125
Hunter Lucas's place is unknown and has scored 2.0 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Hunter Lucas (Ohio State) received a bye () (Bye)
Quarterfinal - Andrew Perelka (John Carroll) won by decision over Hunter Lucas (Ohio State) (Dec 5-3)
Cons. Round 2 - Hunter Lucas (Ohio State) won by tech fall over Nathaniel Stubblefield (Tiffin) (TF 16-0)
Cons. Semi - Cody Moosman (Cleveland State University) won by medical forfeit over Hunter Lucas (Ohio State) (MFF)
Gold Division 133
Dylan Koontz's place is unknown and has scored 0.0 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Dylan Koontz (Ohio State) received a bye () (Bye)
Quarterfinal - Conor McCrone (Ohio University) won by decision over Dylan Koontz (Ohio State) (Dec 3-2)
Cons. Round 2 - Dylan Koontz (Ohio State) received a bye () (Bye)
Cons. Semi - Hunter Bray (Notre Dame ) won by decision over Dylan Koontz (Ohio State) (Dec 3-2)
Gold Division 149
Trey Grenier's place is 6th and has scored 6.5 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Trey Grenier (Ohio State) received a bye () (Bye)
Quarterfinal - Carson Speelman (Ashland) won by fall over Trey Grenier (Ohio State) (Fall 3:23)
Cons. Round 2 - Trey Grenier (Ohio State) won by tech fall over Andrew Hoover (Case Western Reserve) (TF 17-1)
Cons. Semi - Trey Grenier (Ohio State) won by decision over Clay Ragon (Ohio State) (Dec 6-3)
5th Place Match - Luke Baughman (Indiana University) won by decision over Trey Grenier (Ohio State) (Dec 6-2)
Gold Division 149
Clay Ragon's place is unknown and has scored 1.0 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Dylan Mansor (Tiffin) won by decision over Clay Ragon (Ohio State) (Dec 3-0)
Cons. Round 1 - Clay Ragon (Ohio State) received a bye () (Bye)
Cons. Round 2 - Clay Ragon (Ohio State) won in sudden victory - 1 over Marcus Jean Baptiste (West Liberty) (SV-1 6-4)
Cons. Semi - Trey Grenier (Ohio State) won by decision over Clay Ragon (Ohio State) (Dec 6-3)
Gold Division 157
Aaron Rehfeldt's place is unknown and has scored 2.5 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Brady Barnett (Cleveland State University) won by fall over Aaron Rehfeldt (Ohio State) (Fall 1:07)
Cons. Round 1 - Aaron Rehfeldt (Ohio State) won by fall over Tim Suter (Edinboro) (Fall 3:21)
Cons. Round 2 - Bryan LaVearn (Tiffin) won by fall over Aaron Rehfeldt (Ohio State) (Fall 3:12)
Gold Division 165
Cade Hepner's place is 4th and has scored 14.5 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Cade Hepner (Ohio State) won by decision over Sean Billups (Kent State) (Dec 9-8)
Champ. Round 2 - Cade Hepner (Ohio State) won by tech fall over John Mark Williams (Ohio University) (TF 24-9)
Quarterfinal - Cade Hepner (Ohio State) won by major decision over Anthony Rice (Cleveland State University) (Maj 16-8)
Semifinal - Nick South (Indiana University) won by decision over Cade Hepner (Ohio State) (Dec 3-2)
3rd Place Match - Riley Smucker (Cleveland State University) won by tech fall over Cade Hepner (Ohio State) (TF 15-0)
Gold Division 165
Carson Kharchla's place is 1st and has scored 21.0 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Carson Kharchla (Ohio State) received a bye () (Bye)
Champ. Round 2 - Carson Kharchla (Ohio State) won by decision over Kam Bush (Central Michigan) (Dec 8-1)
Quarterfinal - Carson Kharchla (Ohio State) won by major decision over James Limongi (Kent State) (Maj 13-3)
Semifinal - Carson Kharchla (Ohio State) won by decision over Riley Smucker (Cleveland State University) (Dec 7-2)
1st Place Match - Carson Kharchla (Ohio State) won by decision over Nick South (Indiana University) (Dec 7-4)
Gold Division 174
Rocky Jordan's place is 1st and has scored 16.0 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Rocky Jordan (Ohio State) received a bye () (Bye)
Quarterfinal - Rocky Jordan (Ohio State) won by major decision over DeAndre Nassar (Cleveland State University) (Maj 12-2)
Semifinal - Rocky Jordan (Ohio State) won by decision over Bret Romanzak (Ashland) (Dec 7-1)
1st Place Match - Rocky Jordan (Ohio State) won by decision over Donnell Washington (Indiana University) (Dec 4-3)
Gold Division 174
Fritz Schierl's place is 5th and has scored 11.0 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Donnell Washington (Indiana University) won by major decision over Fritz Schierl (Ohio State) (Maj 18-9)
Cons. Round 1 - Fritz Schierl (Ohio State) won by tech fall over Cullen Wolford (Edinboro) (TF 19-4)
Cons. Round 2 - Fritz Schierl (Ohio State) won by decision over Caleb Norris (Davenport University) (Dec 8-4)
Cons. Semi - Fritz Schierl (Ohio State) won by decision over DeAndre Nassar (Cleveland State University) (Dec 9-4)
5th Place Match - Fritz Schierl (Ohio State) won by forfeit over Anthony Marra (Notre Dame ) (FF)
Gold Division 184
Gavin Hoffman's place is 1st and has scored 20.0 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Gavin Hoffman (Ohio State) won by decision over Zane Lanham (West Liberty) (Dec 7-0)
Quarterfinal - Gavin Hoffman (Ohio State) won by major decision over Logan Hall (Notre Dame ) (Maj 11-3)
Semifinal - Gavin Hoffman (Ohio State) won by medical forfeit over Aidan Pasiuk (Ashland) (MFF)
1st Place Match - Gavin Hoffman (Ohio State) won by injury default over Tony Vezzetti (Notre Dame ) (Inj. 3:00)
White Division 125
Jacob Decatur's place is 1st and has scored 16.0 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Jacob Decatur (Ohio State) won by major decision over Jacob Dehart (Ohio Wesleyan) (Maj 23-9)
Quarterfinal - Jacob Decatur (Ohio State) won by decision over Jacob Sherman (Kent State) (Dec 5-3)
Semifinal - Jacob Decatur (Ohio State) won by decision over Kyle Murray (John Carroll) (Dec 5-1)
1st Place Match - Jacob Decatur (Ohio State) won by decision over Tyler Mitchell (Mercyhurst University) (Dec 3-2)
White Division 133
Nick Oldham's place is 4th and has scored 9.0 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Nick Oldham (Ohio State) won by decision over Nate Osborne (RIT) (Dec 10-9)
Quarterfinal - Nick Oldham (Ohio State) won by decision over Donovan Ortiz (Ohio Wesleyan) (Dec 6-5)
Semifinal - Tom Maddox (Buffalo) won by decision over Nick Oldham (Ohio State) (Dec 8-4)
3rd Place Match - Robbie Altland (Davenport University) won by decision over Nick Oldham (Ohio State) (Dec 3-1)
White Division 141
Klay Reeves's place is unknown and has scored 2.5 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Brady O`Connor (Lake Erie) won by decision over Klay Reeves (Ohio State) (Dec 5-1)
Cons. Round 1 - Klay Reeves (Ohio State) received a bye () (Bye)
Cons. Round 2 - Klay Reeves (Ohio State) won by major decision over Austin Bourgeois (RIT) (Maj 11-2)
Cons. Round 3 - Klay Reeves (Ohio State) won by decision over Dajauhn Hertzog (Pitt-Johnstown (unattached)) (Dec 8-1)
Cons. Round 4 - Matthew Zuckerman (Tiffin) won by decision over Klay Reeves (Ohio State) (Dec 7-2)
White Division 157
Kris Ketchum's place is 3rd and has scored 16.0 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Kris Ketchum (Ohio State) won by tech fall over Dom Ferranti (Mercyhurst University) (TF 16-0)
Champ. Round 2 - Kris Ketchum (Ohio State) won by tech fall over Andrew Benos (John Carroll) (TF 17-0)
Quarterfinal - Kris Ketchum (Ohio State) won in sudden victory - 1 over Cole Luallen (Reinhardt University (GA)) (SV-1 5-3)
Semifinal - Warren McDougald (Buffalo) won by decision over Kris Ketchum (Ohio State) (Dec 9-7)
3rd Place Match - Kris Ketchum (Ohio State) won by decision over Austin Victor (John Carroll) (Dec 7-2)
White Division 197
Tyler Stein's place is 4th and has scored 11.0 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Tyler Stein (Ohio State) won by fall over Eli Davenport (John Carroll) (Fall 0:46)
Quarterfinal - Tyler Stein (Ohio State) won by decision over Brian Kent (Case Western Reserve) (Dec 7-3)
Semifinal - Samuel Mitchell (Buffalo) won by decision over Tyler Stein (Ohio State) (Dec 7-2)
3rd Place Match - Cade Dallwitz (Central Michigan) won by injury default over Tyler Stein (Ohio State) (Inj. 4:20)

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next