Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Ohio State v. Cornell - December 1
Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on November 26, 2019

This will be my first experience with the Covelli and I cannot wait. The whole Jackson family will be attending. My thoughts on the match:

125 - Malik v. Dom Lajoie: This is a toss up but I am not picking Malik to win a toss up match until I see him win some. Lajoie is a frosh, so I am hoping that he won't have that man strength yet and Malik and take advantage in neutral.
Cornell 3-0

133 - Kinner v. Chas Tucker: Tucker is a stud who owns a win over Pletcher as well as many others. Kinner has the chops to keep this close, but I think Tucker pulls it out.
Cornell 6-0

141 - Pletcher v. Noah Baughman: Baughman can keep matches close against very good wrestlers, but Pletcher has his offense going right now, and I see a major (at least) for Luke. A tech would not surprise me.
Cornell 6-4

149 - Sasso v. Hunter Richard: Sammy is going to be out to redeem himself after his upset loss last week. I think Sasso gets bonus as well, and I think Sammy picks up the 6 with that cradle.
OSU 10-6

157 - Cleary v. Colton Yapoujian: I think this will be close, but it's another toss up I'm giving to Cornell. If Yapoujian gasses at all, Cleary has shown he has the tank to take advantage.
OSU 10-9

165 - Smith v. Milik Dawkins: Dawkins is an undefeated senior, but hasn't wrestled anyone at Smith's level. I think Smith keeps his momentum going and gets the decision.
OSU 13-9

174 - Romero v. Brandon Womack: This one is a toss up, and, again, I'm giving it to Cornell. I absolutely believe that Romero can win this, but I know Womack is hard to score on, and I see Romero struggling to finish. If Romero gets that double going though, watch out.
OSU 13-12

184 - Hoffman v. Darmstadt: This is a matchup that, before the season, I penciled as a measuring stick for Hoffman. Now, I'm hoping Hoffman can not get stuck. I liked the way Hoffman got on his offense in the third period against Bonaccorsi, but he was way too hesitant the rest of the match. I think he keeps it close, unless he gets cradled.
Cornell 15-13

197 - Moore v. Jonathan Loew: Kollin's offense has been rolling, other than the one match, and I think he gets double digit takedowns here. I'm projecting a major, but I could easily see a tech or pinfall.
OSU 17-15

285 - Singletary v. Brendan Furman: With the dual on the line, I think Singletary gets the workmanlike victory, and if he can get a turn, bonus isn't out of the question.
OSU 20-15

This match ended up a little closer than I expected, but, there are more matches that could swing OSU's way than Cornell's. I have Cornell winning toss ups at 125, 157 and 174. I gave OSU 165, but I don't know that that's a toss up, I think Smith is just better.

Can't wait to see the new home and watch the Bucks win a big match!!!!!

Go Bucks!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 26, 2019

Any word yet about KeShawn's status?

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 27, 2019

Brandon Womack -- is this the Womack that Bo beat in OT in Cleveland at the NCAA's?

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on November 27, 2019

Bo beat Womack 4-2 in OT in the first round. Womack then lost to Bastian Kimball to go 0-2.

Last year, Womack was the 16 seed, went 2-2.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on November 27, 2019

I was just having the same thought myself. Perhaps bulking up to 165? *shrugs shoulders*

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"Any word yet about KeShawn's status?"

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 27, 2019

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"Bo beat Womack 4-2 in OT in the first round. Womack then lost to Bastian Kimball to go 0-2.

Last year, Womack was the 16 seed, went 2-2."

Thanks a few night ago I was watching that first round of the NCAA tournament that I had DVR’D so I saw the projected lineups with the name Womack I was wondering if it was the same one or a brother or something.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on November 27, 2019

I believe Bo beat Brian Realbuto. He had actually lost to him in during the national duals prior to NCAAs. That semi match was crazy. Bo was losing the whole match and Realbuto hit a Yolo counter move off of Bo's double and gave up backs to lose the match.

I think this match is probably closer then I would have predicted at the beginning of the year. If the Bucks are wrestling well it could be a blow out. There are no real matches that we are completely overmatched in. I agree that the version of Hoffman we have seen thus far doesn't bode well vs. Darmstadt; however, I do believe Darmstadt (dropping from 197) is the type of match up that fits more to Hoffman's style. I think more athletic 184's are going to be his matchup problem. I give Gavin a puncher's chance to pull the upset. It would be a great confidence builder for a young man who has admittedly struggled with confidence to start the season.
I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that either Ramero or Cleary will walk away with a victory, but not both. Womack wrestles tight scoring matches. If Kaleb can keep the pressure up through the third and stay out of scrambles I think he gets it done. Cleary and his opponent have both been equally unimpressive, so I like the Bucks odds of pulling one of two at 157 and 174.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on November 30, 2019

What does this mean?

https://twitter.com/j_decatur10/status/1200871554273480707?s=21

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on November 30, 2019

If so, what kind of odds could you have gotten on Jacob getting a varsity star before Jordan? Doesn't change the analysis or prediction though.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on December 1, 2019

I know size not skill has always been the issue. Maybe he's added some size since coming to Columbus? Malik has not looked good as of late, I wonder how it goes in the room?

Ben Watson added to this discussion on December 1, 2019

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"Bo beat Womack 4-2 in OT in the first round. Womack then lost to Bastian Kimball to go 0-2.

Last year, Womack was the 16 seed, went 2-2."

Thanks a few night ago I was watching that first round of the NCAA tournament that I had DVR’D so I saw the projected lineups with the name Womack I was wondering if it was the same one or a brother or something."

Didn’t Ethan Smith beat Womack close in the dual last year? Should be a good test for Romero.

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on December 1, 2019

You are correct, sir!

Micah Jordan (Ohio State) over William Koll (Cornell) (TF 23-8 7:00)

Ke-Shawn Hayes (Ohio State) over Adam Santoro (Cornell) (MD 14-5)

Te`shan Campbell (Ohio State) over Andrew Berreyesa (Cornell) (Dec 8-2)

Ethan Smith (Ohio State) over Brandon Womack (Cornell) (Dec 5-4)

Myles Martin (Ohio State) over Maxwell Dean (Cornell) (Dec 13-6)

Kollin Moore (Ohio State) over Benjamin Honis (Cornell) (MD 14-4)

Chase Singletary (Ohio State) over Jeramy Sweany (Cornell) (Dec 6-5)

Vitali Arujau (Cornell) over Malik Heinselman (Ohio State) (Dec 6-0)

Charles Tucker (Cornell) over Luke Pletcher (Ohio State) (TB-1 2-1)

Yianni Diakomihalis (Cornell) over Joey McKenna (Ohio State) (Dec 7-5)

Team Score:

Jason Russell added to this discussion on December 1, 2019

looks like no Kinner or Decatur.

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on December 1, 2019

Very solid win for Romero. Looks to be in great shape. That double is dirty.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on December 1, 2019

Quote from Freddy Carr's post:

"Very solid win for Romero. Looks to be in great shape. That double is dirty."

I was especially happy that he pulled the trigger on the double that Womack chest wrapped and rolled through out of bounds.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next