Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Ohio State v. Cornell - December 1
Scott Nicola added to this discussion on December 1, 2019

Good win for Romero. Sasso gassed hard in the third period. Tough cut after Thanksgiving? Gary Traub's win was the loudest the gym was all day. That dude was huge and Traub kept attacking and eventually wore him down. Darmsted is ridiculously tall for 184.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jared Ball added to this discussion on December 1, 2019

Cornell rolled out a young team that’s nearly as young as the Bucks. I’d imagine Tucker and Darmstadt are their only podium guys this March. Next year they will be formidable with four potential title threats.
I thought the Bucks put in a very workman like performance. I thought Luke and Sammy looked a little tired towards the ends of their matches. I know Sammy is. Wizard with single leg defense/counter offense, but the Cornell kid was living on his legs all day. He definitely survived that match. I’m struggling to watch Cleary. The guy looks scared to shoot, and wrestled uninspired IMO. Smith looked solid, great win for Romero, and hats off to Hoffman in his first home dual appearance. Darmstadt was a tall order (pun intended). He did everything except strap a saddle on Gavin, but Gavin battled. In two dual matches Gavin has had two top ten guys, tough ask. I’ll be interested to see how he does at CKLV. Kollin, Truab, and Malik all did their jobs and the Bucks cakewalk with a dual win. Vegas will be a real measuring stick of where the Bucks truly are. I think we’re a better tourney team. Let’s hope we wrestle above where we have been.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 1, 2019

Very impressed with Romero's match management, waited for the opportune time to shoot his doubles. Traub is turning out to be a good option for TR when the opposing wrestler is huge. That Cornell kid had to be every bit of 285. Smith looked good also. Him and Romero seem like they are settling into their respective weight classes. We just need KeShawn back at 157.

Gary Lusson added to this discussion on December 1, 2019

Fun event, season ticket holder, best crowd so far.

Buckeye wrestling fan all the way,but IMHO, the last second takedown call for Traub was very, very debatable. Will leave it at that.

Agree with others, a bit puzzled and disappointed in Sasso. He got the win, yes, but...didn't look great. Sick? There will come a time when we MUST HAVE those bonus points!

Romero really coming on.

My biggest "wrestling move" impression of the afternoon: holy crap does Malik have a slick duck-under or what! Watch his last one, you literally have to slow down the video to really see how he does it. Should be a mandatory training clip for high schoolers.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 1, 2019

Signature win for Romero. Good strategy from start to finish and he's avoiding situations which give him trouble. His wrestling looks cleaner and more polished. This is the Romero the Bucks recruited. He has a lot of upside too.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 1, 2019

Heinselman looked better too. I wonder if he was sick or hurt but still in the lineup for a stretch? And credit to Traub who also wrestled a smart match. I believe that's the "Jordan Oliver" rule which got him awarded the final TD.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 2, 2019

For what it's worth, I just looked up the entries for the Las Vegas Invite next weekend on Flo and KeShawn Hayes is listed as the 157 for tOSU. Kinner at 133 and Singletary at 285.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2