Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Kollin Moore: Historically good
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on January 20, 2020

Current career stats:

- 3X AA (3, 4, 2, TBD)
- 3X Big Ten Finalist
- 2X Big Ten Champ
- Big Ten Freshman of the Year

Will likely finish as a 4X AA with the lowest finish being 4th, and hopefully a 1X Champ.

Not sure we recognize how he stacks up against other all-time greats.

I don't have the historical knowledge that many do on this forum, but he's in the conversation for the Ohio State Wrestling Mt. Rushmore.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on January 20, 2020

Also, we're not related.

Wish we were, but nah.

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on January 20, 2020

He’s in the conversation for the 4th spot on the Buckeyes Mt. Rushmore if he wins a title this year. As it stands now I think you have to go:

1) Logan Stieber
2) Kyle Snyder
3) Tommy Rowlands
4) J Jaggers

Kollin can’t match J’s titles but he’ll have him beat by every other measure, so I think you could argue he belongs there. Then again, Jaggers has also been a part of the staff for by far the most successful run in program history, so that may also work in his favor.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 20, 2020

It's a stiff conversation.... Randleman, Tomasello, Palmer.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 20, 2020

Randleman, Rowlands, Snyder and Stieber.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on January 20, 2020

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"It's a stiff conversation.... Randleman, Tomasello, Palmer."

I'd put Myles Martin above Palmer. Lance was great but never won a title. Had Myles finished with a title his senior year like we all thought I would have had him in a tie with Tommy and above J and Kevin R. As it stands I have him behind the 2 timers in a tie with NATO for the 6th spot.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 20, 2020

Yeah I knew I was forgetting someone. Myles Martin for sure.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 20, 2020

No one goes above Kevin Randleman. If Ryan had coached him, he'd have won 8 NCAA titles.

Bill Splete added to this discussion on January 21, 2020

Of course, he is in the conversation as one of their great upper weights and if he completes his career with the NCAA title then he gets into the discussion of the greatest, he would deserve it. I don't know how TR would handle the wild guys of the Coleman era, they marched to their own drum, that's not a dig to their character they were just wild and fun and their workouts are of legend, not sure the guys today could hang with that crazy stuff. To put it in perspective watch the Westside barbell doc on NetFlix, it was workouts like that, more competitive than productive to find the alpha.
I would have loved to see Rex and Colman in some full go workouts, now that had to be a very physically tough exchange, two OSU giants banging... Who do you pick? No bull I take Rex as our best Upper Weight, maybe it's because he is older than me and was in awe of him as a young wrestler, but the dude was legit, a badass that could compete. Myles channeled some of that physical style recently when he beat Alex D. and it worked.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 21, 2020

The thing about Randleman is he was the first true superstar in program history. To me that makes him special. Other guys won titles but no one prior to him had been a finalist three times. His academic failings could be a knock to some but Randleman came from a hellish place and overcame so much to become a very special competitor in both college and the early days of MMA.

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on January 22, 2020

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"The thing about Randleman is he was the first true superstar in program history. To me that makes him special. Other guys won titles but no one prior to him had been a finalist three times. His academic failings could be a knock to some but Randleman came from a hellish place and overcame so much to become a very special competitor in both college and the early days of MMA."

Fair point. Randleman belongs. It's going to take someone special to leapfrog Stieber, Snyder, Randleman, or Rowlands.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on January 22, 2020

Please remove Snyder from all discussion. I, just like the NCAA is retroactively removing him from my personal record books. I have no room to honor traitors. That my friends is God's plan for me.

Bill Splete added to this discussion on January 22, 2020

I always think of Kevin as a middle weight, but your right he is an upper weight, and is in the mix as the greatest. Maybe school wasn’t his thing but wrestling was and in some ways his style and persona were larger than life, gotta be top 3 or 4, and that is great company to be in and he deserves it.
As for kollin he will make noise at wtt this year, has to be more consistent at that level and again NCAA title puts him on the wall with the rest of the greats!

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on January 24, 2020

Quote from Bill Splete's post:

"Myles channeled some of that physical style recently when he beat Alex D. and it worked."

I loved it when the ref told them to tone it down, and both Myles and Alex looked around the ref and grinned at each other. They were both enjoying brawling.

► Add to the Discussion