Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: 2020 Wrestling Season: I’d Like....
Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 12, 2020

....to hear Niemann and Hiatt announcing a B1G match.

....to read a transcript of an “AMA About Wrestling” with Rex.

....to see Romero AA 5th or better.

....read the “walk out” song title and artist posted under the NCAA Finalist’s ESPN profile below name, record, etc.

...someone else to verify that Sasso’s official tOSU photo resembles several Keegan-Michael Key characters.

...have some help in discerning the conflicted attitude I have toward DeSanto.

...PSU to place 4th this year.

...Shane Sparks et al to stop doing interviews IMMEDIATELY after matches.

Niemann...go!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 13, 2020

If I were to commentate a match, you would realize just how professional men like Ryan Mitchell are. Additionally, I'd try to let the action speak. I have watched some matches in which the commentators feel an incessant need to state everything that is happening. No one watching needs to hear every movement that occurs.

"Niemann moves his lead hand forward as he circles to McMichael's left side. HE NOW RAISES HIS RIGHT HAND AND APPLIES A COLLAR TIE! Oooh, a break in the action as both wrestlers reset towards the middle as the previous sequence took them 2/3rds the way to our right; their left in the action."

Yeah, bud. That's too much.

However, I wouldn't turn it down.

As for me...

I'd like to see an entire arena applaud the accomplishments of the individuals on the AA podium. ...instead of their faces buried in their phones or walking out for who knows what reason.

I'd like to see Luke Pletcher, Sammy Sasso, and Kollin Moore win it all. I'd like to see Romero and Rocky AA

I'd like to see Smith and GTG show the world what heart, dedication, and desire - along with many other things - can accomplish at #MINN2020

I'd like to see RBYvGross a couple more times.

I'd like to NOT see Quint Kessenich at all. Perhaps the same can be said for the Baldwin cameos from the crowd.

And lastly, I'd like to see Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here...with a big ribbon on his head! And I want to look him straight in the eye, and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 13, 2020

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"And lastly, I'd like to see Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here...with a big ribbon on his head! And I want to look him straight in the eye, and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?"

“Shirley you’re not serious...”

https://youtu.be/TQXuazYI_YU

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 13, 2020

Oh, and I’d like to know who Dwight from State Farm was; obviously very close to tOSU wrestling in light of his offered, timely details...

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 13, 2020

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"Oh, and I’d like to know who Dwight from State Farm was; obviously very close to tOSU wrestling in light of his offered, timely details..."

I was told by someone "close to the program" that one time, during a two-week stretch of speculation concerning the line-up for an upcoming dual, that a decision was made among the coaches, communicated to the team, and within minutes that info was on this forum. Not days. Not hours. But minutes. BLEW MY MIND.

My source gave no names. But did mention that he disliked guacA-MOLE.

#Treadstone
#Blackbriar

Rex Holman added to this discussion on February 13, 2020

3 OSU NCAA Champions in 2020. One of those being a freshman.

I don't care if Pletcher loses to Lee in their first two meetings. Third one matters most.

I'd be really happy with 5 AAs.

Smith, Romero and Jordan all in the round of 12.

Having 6 would be a monumental achievement. The great thing is that each one has executed a high level win.

I'd be happy with a couple more qualifiers. that contribute a couple NCAA points.

Dylan Koontz and his style of wrestling at 125. He can bodylock just about anyone and the thing is that most guys are all leg attacks and relatively weak at the position. If he can finesse some takedowns without blowing his proverbial load, he can beat some top ranked guys. He needs to dial in a couple positions and he is money. So, Dylan Koontz to figure out how to make weight and compete at a high level and have outstanding Big Ten and NCAA tournaments.

RBY v DeSanto grudge match.

That it is mathematically possible for OSU to win team title come Saturday night, but highly unlikely. OSU wins team title which is decided when KMoore earns a major decision with last second heroics which puts OSU ahead by a half team point. Boom.

Last edited by Rex Holman on February 13, 2020; edited 1 time in total

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 13, 2020

I would like to see Koontz do something with those under hooks. He kept getting them but never really did anything with it. He needs to watch the Mitch Clark NCAA finals TD video using the under hooks. And when guys get that front headlock, please go to the Mike Pucillo cross knee pick to a cradle. Just at least try, instead of waiting for the stalemate.

Ryan Mitchell added to this discussion on February 13, 2020

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"If I were to commentate a match, you would realize just how professional men like Ryan Mitchell are. Additionally, I'd try to let the action speak. I have watched some matches in which the commentators feel an incessant need to state everything that is happening. No one watching needs to hear every movement that occurs.

"Niemann moves his lead hand forward as he circles to McMichael's left side. HE NOW RAISES HIS RIGHT HAND AND APPLIES A COLLAR TIE! Oooh, a break in the action as both wrestlers reset towards the middle as the previous sequence took them 2/3rds the way to our right; their left in the action."

Yeah, bud. That's too much.

However, I wouldn't turn it down.

As for me...

I'd like to see an entire arena applaud the accomplishments of the individuals on the AA podium. ...instead of their faces buried in their phones or walking out for who knows what reason.

I'd like to see Luke Pletcher, Sammy Sasso, and Kollin Moore win it all. I'd like to see Romero and Rocky AA

I'd like to see Smith and GTG show the world what heart, dedication, and desire - along with many other things - can accomplish at #MINN2020

I'd like to see RBYvGross a couple more times.

I'd like to NOT see Quint Kessenich at all. Perhaps the same can be said for the Baldwin cameos from the crowd.

And lastly, I'd like to see Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here...with a big ribbon on his head! And I want to look him straight in the eye, and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?"

Thanks very much, Mark. As an aside, they are running the OSU/NW dual tomorrow on BTN.

You hit on most of the good stuff, so kiss my ass, kiss his ass, kiss your ass, happy Hanukkah.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 13, 2020

I don't understand half this thread but it sure is entertaining.

Luke Moore added to this discussion on February 14, 2020

...the state tournament to not be on a Sunday (that is family time)

...the Bobcats have an AA (they have a couple outside shots)

...the chicken finger basket at state to come with a larger dipping container for the BBQ and honey mustard.

...Marinelli and Joseph to wrestle for a national title!

...Mason Parris to beat Steveson for the national title!

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on February 14, 2020

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"I don't understand half this thread but it sure is entertaining."

As intended! :)

Roe Fox added to this discussion on February 14, 2020

No love for the mighty Quint Kessenich? I like him more than others. He also does a great job with lacrosse.

Baldwin? I could leave him out. Is he even relevant from a “Star” perspective?

Three great guys who I hope win titles: Luke, Kollin and the bull.

And like Rex, what a historical year it would be for the Buckeyes to win.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on February 14, 2020

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"No love for the mighty Quint Kessenich? I like him more than others. He also does a great job with lacrosse."

Never thought I would see these words written on a wrestling forum. He's always seemed laughably clueless to me.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on February 14, 2020

I understand the psyche of the tragically under appreciated.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on February 14, 2020

I like Quinn better than what I grew up with -- taped delayed hr broadcast (including commercials) where the match shown (and not all matches were shown) was always ... "and we pick up the match late in the 2nd period / early in the 3rd period -- and that blows far more than QK's questions.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next