Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Projecting Bucks qualifiers
Jared Ball added to this discussion on February 16, 2020

Flo did a nice little breakdown of potential qualification spots based upon league. As you can imagine the Big Ten is projected to have the highest, by a ton. That got me thinking about some of Ohio State’s fringe guys. 141, 149, 165, 174, 184, 197, and 285 are virtual locks for allocated spots as far as NCAAs are concerned. 133 in the big ten should, and has historically, garnered a high number of allocations. While Decatur probably isn’t going to crack the top 7 I think he’s certainly capable of beating guys in the 7-11 range.
125 in the big ten is not very tough, and Malik’s season has not been good. The sad part is that due to the composition of the weight Malik probably could’ve been a top three or four guy if you would have asked me at the start of the season. Regardless of who wrestles you have to assume that qualifying this weight is an uphill battle.
157 is an unknown. Kiner certainly did himself a solid by getting a win over Berge; however, that’s probably not worth anything considering Berge didn’t wrestle any other Big Ten matches. I’m not sure where the Bucks fall here due to the lack of quality wins/ and or matches wrestled.
Realistically I think Ohio State should safely qualify seven with a likelihood of eight. Nine or Ten are not out of the realm of possibilities but it’s a very slim possibility.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 16, 2020

Remind me - when do the allocations get released? Should be soon, correct?

Britt Malinsky added to this discussion on February 16, 2020

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"Remind me - when do the allocations get released? Should be soon, correct?"

February 27th

► Add to the Discussion