Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: No tOSU matches this weekend.
Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on February 23, 2020

It's odd that the Buckeyes aren't wrestling this weekend. Three weeks off before the Big 14 tournament seems like just enough time to get rusty.

Coach Ryan has been reducing the schedule over the years. Now they only do one major tournament. I wish they would wrestle every week and do at least two or three tournaments, but I'm sure Coach is trying to keep guys healthy.

What do you guys think?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 23, 2020

Cleary, Kinner and Hoffman wrestled at Mattown Open today and Cleary beat Kinner 4-2. Hoffman got MD by former Buckeye Kerk.

I would assume Cleary is starter at 157 since rosters for B10 needed to be submitted today.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on February 24, 2020

I prefer Kinner's style of wrestling over Clearly in the lineup, but it looks like Cleary earned this spot. Let's hope he can spark an upset or two within the next few weeks. After his win over Berge I thought Kinner had 157 wrapped up, but props to Clearly for staying in the fight. Tough to see Hoffman get destroyed by Kerk but let's hope he continues to make adjustments at the new weight.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on February 24, 2020

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"I prefer Kinner's style of wrestling over Clearly in the lineup, but it looks like Cleary earned this spot. Let's hope he can spark an upset or two within the next few weeks. After his win over Berge I thought Kinner had 157 wrapped up, but props to Clearly for staying in the fight. Tough to see Hoffman get destroyed by Kerk but let's hope he continues to make adjustments at the new weight."

Is it safe to assume Hoffman will be staying up at 285? Or dropping back down to 197 next season? I know 184 seems to have been too much of a cut but wasn't sure where he falls moving forward.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 24, 2020

If GTG wasn't in the mix I would say Hoffman was the guy. I wonder if he would be OK as backup for a year and then finish his last two seasons at 285? I think he and Kinner are still undersized as should be expected given the 11th hour decisions to go up two weight classes. Does anyone think PSU would dare put Kerkvliet in the lineup for Big Tens & NCAA given Nevills loss to GTG, with the hopes of upsetting Iowa for the team title?

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on February 24, 2020

Quote from Christopher Henderson's post:

"It's odd that the Buckeyes aren't wrestling this weekend. Three weeks off before the Big 14 tournament seems like just enough time to get rusty.

Coach Ryan has been reducing the schedule over the years. Now they only do one major tournament. I wish they would wrestle every week and do at least two or three tournaments, but I'm sure Coach is trying to keep guys healthy.

What do you guys think?"

Just enough time to get rusty... or just enough time to get healthy. Pick your poison.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on February 25, 2020

If Hoffman wants any shot at starting next year, I think he tries to bulk up and stay at heavy to challenge G2G- Assuming Singletary is healthy and goes 197.

There are lots of rumblings i'm seeing about Kerk and if hes going to get eligibility in time. It sounds like if thats the case PSU will slide him right in. His main focus is on the international circuit, so I don't think the college accolades matter as much.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on February 29, 2020

Three weeks off, at this point in the season, gives me no concern for rust. They are sitting around playing Xbox from 3-5. Bodies feeling great is of utmost importance.

Matt Schein added to this discussion on February 29, 2020

Maybe the bucks should host an imaginary tournament to get the guys a few extra matches

Casey Talbott added to this discussion on February 29, 2020

Quote from Matt Schein's post:

"Maybe the bucks should host an imaginary tournament to get the guys a few extra matches"

+1

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 3, 2020

I just went to Echemendia's twitter account, and he's in the OSU room going live with Kinner. OMG this kid is fantastic, he made Kinner look like a grade school wrestler. Check it out if you get a chance. I sure hope they get him enrolled next year. He is a BEAST!

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 6, 2020

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"I just went to Echemendia's twitter account, and he's in the OSU room going live with Kinner. OMG this kid is fantastic, he made Kinner look like a grade school wrestler. Check it out if you get a chance. I sure hope they get him enrolled next year. He is a BEAST!"

Coach Ryan just tweeted a picture of Echemendia with caption coming to Buckeye nation May, 2020

► Add to the Discussion