Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Discussion Topic: Will coronavirus impact attendance at OHSAA, Big Ten, NCAAs, OTT?
Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 6, 2020

On the highway at least you see the car coming. I’m all for very limited government and inducing panic isn’t my thing either. We can’t just shut down.

Conversely what happens if a few sick people go to this event and infect others? And then it spreads? Guess who gets blamed?

I would have been fine either way right NOW but I’m not throwing the Guv under the bus on this one. Too many out of staters coming to this event, particularly from the left coast.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Will coronavirus impact attendance at OHSAA, Big Ten, NCAAs, OTT?
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 6, 2020

i too like DeWine --however "shuting down the Arnold" is dangerous precedent, how can Govt defend that but not close down state tournaments to fans? Ohio state basketball, hockey games, football spring game, maybe Browns games---

how about Democratic and Republican conventions, those attendees don't look like an overall healthy group?

its a slippery slope, choosing who gets "shut down", who doesnt. Are we a nation of imbeciles such that we cant make adult decisions and accept there might be consequences?

if this is the Bubonic Plague, then i take it all back but no one has yet said it is. Five percent of the diagnosed in USA have died, but were any of them healthy to begin with? ...i'm not going to state, but i'm an old man, my decision.

Mike Stann added to this discussion on March 10, 2020

I'm not sure wether it's the virus or the fact it's in a football stadium (probably a bit of both) but tickets on stub hub in the 200 section (not the cheap seats) are going for 50.00 a strip (face value of a strip is 170.00). Quit frankly I have never seen anything like it since I've been going some 15 years ago.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 10, 2020

I guess all the state tournaments run last weekend & this weekend will be a barometer, of sorts, for the NCAA gathering, along with all the conference tournaments that just happened. As of today I have yet to hear any negative results from any tournaments that just took place??

Ryan Mitchell added to this discussion on March 10, 2020

Sounds like OHSAA is going to family only for attending. I was supposed to be calling the DI finals for the OHSAA stream, but I don't know if that will be allowed or if it will be expanded to help people see it.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 10, 2020

I loved the way BTN+ set up the Big Ten Tournament, for $9.95 I got to see all 4 mats on one screen, then could pick one of the 4 mats to go to a full screen for that particular mat. Well worth the money. Wish the state tourney could do the same, at least for the finals. OSU streamed all their home matches, you know they have the technology.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 10, 2020

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"I loved the way BTN+ set up the Big Ten Tournament, for $9.95 I got to see all 4 mats on one screen, then could pick one of the 4 mats to go to a full screen for that particular mat. Well worth the money. Wish the state tourney could do the same, at least for the finals. OSU streamed all their home matches, you know they have the technology."

Would be a great way for OHSAA to recoup lost revenue and keep fans happy. Stop making sense.

William Danforth added to this discussion on March 10, 2020

Quote from Ryan Mitchell's post:

"Sounds like OHSAA is going to family only for attending. I was supposed to be calling the DI finals for the OHSAA stream, but I don't know if that will be allowed or if it will be expanded to help people see it."

I believe media will be allowed to attend, at least I sure hope so. The OHSAA website is down.

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on March 10, 2020

If I had to guess right now, I’d give a less than 10% chance that is regular fans will be in the stands. Guessing this ends up a family only type thing. Like the MAC hoops tourney.

I wonder if we will get refunds for the tickets.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 10, 2020

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

"I loved the way BTN+ set up the Big Ten Tournament, for $9.95 I got to see all 4 mats on one screen, then could pick one of the 4 mats to go to a full screen for that particular mat. Well worth the money. Wish the state tourney could do the same, at least for the finals. OSU streamed all their home matches, you know they have the technology."

Would be a great way for OHSAA to recoup lost revenue and keep fans happy. Stop making sense."

Great idea. I would pay 10 or 20 bucks for this.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 10, 2020

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

Would be a great way for OHSAA to recoup lost revenue and keep fans happy. Stop making sense."

Great idea. I would pay 10 or 20 bucks for this.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 11, 2020

Ohsaa is looking into a live stream in a tweet from it's President, Jerry Snodgrass.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 11, 2020

from OHSAA (this applies to all but Mr Danforth who has been declared an undesirable, lol just kidding Bill)

All previously purchased tickets for the upcoming state tournaments of wrestling, ice hockey and girls and boys basketball are now void and new tickets will be sold per the instructions below, per sport.

“We are following the Governor’s instructions and are doing this for the safety of Ohioans,” said Jerry Snodgrass, OHSAA Executive Director. “This is a very difficult time and we need our schools and fans to know that we have been told we must do this. We must pull together to do the best we can to conduct these tournaments so that the student-athletes can still finish their seasons, which have gotten them to the pinnacle of their sport.”

TICKET SALES

Again, all previously purchased and complimentary tickets for the upcoming state tournaments are now void and new tickets will be sold per the instructions below, per sport, with specific details being sent to the member schools. Tickets purchased online via credit card will be refunded by Ticketmaster to the same credit card. Tickets purchased via check will be refunded in approximately four to five weeks. Tickets purchased with cash at the Ohio State University ticket office can be returned for a refund on-site.

MEDIA COVERAGE

Per Governor DeWine’s directive, credentialed media members are still permitted to cover this week’s state and regional tournaments, as well as next week’s boys basketball state tournament. In addition, media outlets may provide live video of the regional boys basketball tournaments by paying the tape-delay rights fee.

STATE TOURNAMENT COMPONENTS CANCELLED

At all OHSAA state and regional tournaments this week and next week, all events surrounding the games are cancelled, including special presentations, halftime entertainment, various meetings, merchandise sales and other display booths.

STATE WRESTLING

State qualifying student-athletes will each be permitted to designate FOUR family members who will be permitted to purchase all-session ticket books. State tournament coaches will each be permitted to designate two family members to purchase tickets. Tickets will only be sold as all-session ticket books.

William Danforth added to this discussion on March 11, 2020

Jim Behrens will officiate the matches and I will capture the action with my camera. That Inside the Circle guy should be there somewhere.

We will have it covered.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 11, 2020

Quote from William Danforth's post:

"Jim Behrens will officiate the matches and I will capture the action with my camera. That Inside the Circle guy should be there somewhere.

We will have it covered."

i assume Jim will call quick pins ...Dan Fickel will represent press row, that eliminates 150 bad health risks right there.. Skeletan crew. No reason to open the Hosp room, no open chip bowls.

seriously though i bet there are some real hassels on the 4 per family thing.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next