Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Discussion Topic: Will coronavirus impact attendance at OHSAA, Big Ten, NCAAs, OTT?
Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 12, 2020

Meanwhile in MN - with more confirmed cases, their games carry on.

Tremendously sad.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Will coronavirus impact attendance at OHSAA, Big Ten, NCAAs, OTT?
Bill Splete added to this discussion on March 12, 2020

I have so many questions on how we got here, we could go over the stats but that's not necessary today... I have the same sentiment as Brady today.

Quote from Bill Splete's post:

"I have so many questions on how we got here, we could go over the stats but that's not necessary today... I have the same sentiment as Brady today."

Facebook popped up a memory from three years ago today. Mechancisburg won it's first State Team Championship. Kaleb Romero won title #4. Tanner Smith and Alex Rhine won title #1. Such a great day. Today, not so much.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 12, 2020

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"Meanwhile in MN - with more confirmed cases, their games carry on.

Tremendously sad."

not so fast.. that shoe yet to drop??

our officials are inducing panic--- look at stock market. Trillions in lost revenue, jobs, stocks being lost

William Danforth added to this discussion on March 12, 2020

I'm hearing the athletes were notified that NCAA are not happening. Can not confirm this yet.

Bill Splete added to this discussion on March 12, 2020

Did Gov. Dewine say non-spectator sports could continue(do parents and family count as spectators) as scheduled? Why release a statement before the Gov press conference, panic, chaos, and confusion within the decision-making process doesn't give me confidence in leadership. How do you not coordinate information? OHSAA took down comments questioning the decision from their accounts. I have more questions than answers today mixed with disappointment.

William Danforth added to this discussion on March 12, 2020

NCAAs Cancelled
https://www.NCAA.org/about/resources/media-center/news/NCAA-cancels-remaining-winter-and-spring-championships

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on March 12, 2020

Quote from William Danforth's post:

"NCAAs Cancelled
https://www.NCAA.org/about/resources/media-center/news/NCAA-cancels-remaining-winter-and-spring-championships"

I know this will result in loss of life and a lot more important issues beyond sports but I really feel bad for guys like Kolin Moore and Luke Pletcher. Hard to believe we'll never see these guys compete again in a Buckeye singlet.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on March 12, 2020

"NCAAs Cancelled
https://www.NCAA.org/about/resources/media-center/news/NCAA-cancels-remaining-winter-and-spring-championships"

I know this will result in loss of life and a lot more important issues beyond sports but I really feel bad for guys like Kolin Moore and Luke Pletcher. Hard to believe we'll never see these guys compete again in a Buckeye singlet.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 12, 2020

Quote from Scott Nicola's post:

"

"NCAAs Cancelled

I know this will result in loss of life and a lot more important issues beyond sports but I really feel bad for guys like Kolin Moore and Luke Pletcher. Hard to believe we'll never see these guys compete again in a Buckeye singlet."

I felt the same. Probably a needed course of action but unfortunate for many nonetheless.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 12, 2020

I would have thought, as a last resort, they would have gone ahead with no fans, and test each of the athletes/coaches for the virus prior to the start. Sad ending to the season.

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"I would have thought, as a last resort, they would have gone ahead with no fans, and test each of the athletes/coaches for the virus prior to the start. Sad ending to the season."

These guys would have jumped at the chance to compete this way. Heck, I'd bet good $ they'd have jumped at the chance to compete at 10 different locations with one weight per location - with only them and their coaches there.

I know "devastated" is a good description of how guys I know (and probably most of those I don't know) feel right now.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on March 12, 2020

I wonder if the NCAA will grant another year of eligibility for seniors?

Mark Cummings added to this discussion on March 12, 2020

Bill, I agreed with your post and I was disappointed to see it removed. We need leaders who will lead and we need the truth. How serious is this? How do I protect my family? Is this an overreaction? I honestly do not know. We’ve had these types of communicable diseases before yet not once have our leaders incited panic among the citizenry. The cancellations put normal folks over the edge. A huge run on goods at the groceries. A run on banks? I wouldn’t bet against it. Just awful. I would like a dose of the truth though from our leaders.

Bill Splete added to this discussion on March 13, 2020

Mark,

Sorry about that, I thought it might be too much, but I share your sentiment... the truth isn't hyperbole or politics it's simply how we protect our families.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next