Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Tomasello To Duke
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 16, 2020

Joining their staff as a coach. Best wishes to him.
https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2020/August/13/Four-time-All-American-Nathan-Tomasello-joins-Duke-coaching-staff

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on August 16, 2020

I think this is a great move for him for a few reasons.

1) If he ever wanted to extend or add to his degree in any way, shape, or form, he would do so from Duke.

2) I sense the ACC is improving. If NATO can elevate the Blue Devils wrestling team even higher, that would be a plus for the conference.

3) Selfishly, the #CentralDistrict has a kid attending. Logan Agin (Lancaster) - 3x SP (4, 3, 2, COVID). Looking forward to watching the relationship unfold.

4) I'd feel bad mentioning Duke and NOT mentioning Mike Krzyzewski. And the DotNet's own Brandon Gambucci.

Brandon Gambucci added to this discussion on August 19, 2020

Hey, it's me! Honestly pretty amazing pickup for the crew. ACC is TOUGH and getting tougher. My sophomore year ACC weight included myself, DiCamillo, Joey Ward, and Geoffrey Alexander. All 6 competitors were ranked in the top 20 and went to NCAA's. Still have nightmares about my buzzer beater Georgie loss in the finals, though.

Will be very interesting to see how the season shapes up this year with all of the craziness happening in the world.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on August 19, 2020

Brandon, just curious and I know it was quite awhile ago. What was it like wrestling Logan Stieber at NCAA, and what were your thoughts going into the match?

Brandon Gambucci added to this discussion on August 24, 2020

Hey Jack!

If I'm being completely transparent, while I certainly kept up the facade of "I'm going to be the biggest upset of the NCAA tournament", I was a bit peeved because this was back when the NCAA only seeded 12 and had I not lost a buzzer beater to Georgie in the ACC finals, would have been seeded. Everyone else randomly drawn into the bracket and of course I get Logan.

Strategy was to go upper body as that's where my best competencies lie in scoring from my feet (apart from funk stuffs). My first thought was that Logan was insanely difficult to move. I also knew that armbar from top was coming, especially because the refs were always a bit liberal with letting it go past 90, it was only a matter of time til I went to my back. So it goes.

► Add to the Discussion