Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: RTC CUP on Flo
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 4, 2020

Beginning sooooooon!!!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

John Drumm added to this discussion on December 4, 2020

Lewis still probably has deer in headlights look after his match with Kharchla. Wow! Great win for Kharchla 9-2.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on December 4, 2020

Kharchla is so impressive.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 4, 2020

Oh-RTC falls to Spartan RTC.

Nice to see some Buckeyes in action though. And nice to see some wrestling!

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on December 4, 2020

Kollin is looking very tough!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 4, 2020

Best wrestling event I've seen in a long time. The dual format kills.

Carson Kharchla wrestled very well. He shut down two excellent offensive wrestlers while scoring consistently off his own leg attacks when he got to them. I don't know what type of NCAA tourney we'll have this season but Kharchla will be a contender at whichever weight he goes. I'd love to see him wrestle Alex Marinelli. I have a feeling that's going to be a great rivalry if they're the same weight.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 5, 2020

How did Echemendia look against Green? From what I could make of the scoring it looked tied up to the last 17 seconds when Green got a TD and a bunch of exposure points to get a tech.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on December 5, 2020

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"How did Echemendia look against Green? From what I could make of the scoring it looked tied up to the last 17 seconds when Green got a TD and a bunch of exposure points to get a tech."

He looked good had 2 TD and was winning on criteria and Green got TD and went right to a leg lace and that was it. He did look like he hurt his ankle during the lace so will see if he wrestles today.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on December 5, 2020

I think you have to be happy so far with how current and former Buckeyes have looked. Kollin dropped a match to Macheavello that he had won. He really struggled to move Mach out of position and open up his leg attacks until the end.
I think Enchemendia has been built up a little too much. He certainly is a talent, but the way many were speaking about him you would have thought he was going to make the Olympic team immediately. He is definitely a talent, and will be a top notch guy for the Bucks at 141, but I think we need to lessen expectations a bit. He had Green beat with 17 seconds to go, but Green was absolutely sucked down and did not do much in the way activity until he has to.
Sammy is not on Yanni’s level...yet. But his pretty dominant win over former NCAA finalist Kevin Jack shows that he is an absolute elite level competitor. It was nice to see a few more leg attacks!
Not much to argue about what was already stated with Karchla. The Gant win is equally impressive. Gant has some pretty solid senior level wins, and although Carson didn’t score offensively, his leg defense on the 2nd period shot was impressive.
The Ohio RTC will be wrestling for 5th later today against The Gopher wrestling club. I’d like to see how Enchemendia fairs against another opponent, but I’m betting we see Sammy. With Myles we may have had a shot to make the finals and cash in on that $50000 prize!

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on December 5, 2020

https://youtu.be/siVNiX4Hwds

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 5, 2020

Why wasn't Myles in this event? I didn't even know Brooks was in the ORTC. I just watched the video of Echemendia/Green and you could see how frustrated he was for letting it get away with just 17 seconds left in the match. I just want to see him wrestle someone who is still in college. I mean Green is no slouch, nor is Henderson.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on December 5, 2020

Brooks isn't at the ORTC. All the teams were allowed to use "free agents" to fill in gaps in their lineups, and Brooks was that guy for the Ohio RTC. So was Mueller.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on December 5, 2020

I have to hand it to Flo and Titan Mercury. This was probably the best wrestling event that has taken place since the Big Ten tournament. High quality opponents, high quality action, and lots of last minute drama. Cliff Keen RTC has some real depth in terms of talent, and coffers. They left home as much talent as anyone with Micic and Deringer unable to go. Would’ve loved to see Dake and Dean go for Spartan. December 18th is the next event with the 150lb 8 man bracket. Can’t wait!

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on December 6, 2020

All the matches were good. There were only a couple duals where the outcome was decided before the last match!

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on December 6, 2020

Kharchla.

That's the post.

► Add to the Discussion