Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Discussion Topic: Bucks Recruiting
Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on December 30, 2021

Kilkeary and Williams both lose to an Ohio kid caprella who is ranked number three in division 3. 125 is a huge concern for the future

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 30, 2021

Quote from Nick Lecklider's post:

"Kilkeary and Williams both lose to an Ohio kid caprella who is ranked number three in division 3. 125 is a huge concern for the future"

Heard Will Betancourt is making the cut. Problem solved. ;)

In all seriousness, what about Gonzalez in a few years? He looks pretty good to me. And he's small at 133. Or so I think...

Don Bork added to this discussion on December 30, 2021

Kilkeary and Williams don’t arrive till 2023 and 24. They’re called prospects for a reason. Kids the Buckeye staff believe they can develop. Recruiting the Stiebers, Snyder’s and Tomasellos is just not going to happen often. Let’s not abandon ship just yet.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 31, 2021

Quote from Don Bork's post:

"Kilkeary and Williams don’t arrive till 2023 and 24. They’re called prospects for a reason. Kids the Buckeye staff believe they can develop. Recruiting the Stiebers, Snyder’s and Tomasellos is just not going to happen often. Let’s not abandon ship just yet."

Very good post, Don.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on December 31, 2021

Quote from Don Bork's post:

"Kilkeary and Williams don’t arrive till 2023 and 24. They’re called prospects for a reason. Kids the Buckeye staff believe they can develop. Recruiting the Stiebers, Snyder’s and Tomasellos is just not going to happen often. Let’s not abandon ship just yet."

Feldman, bouzakis. Mendes is happening now. Feldman just beat the number two kid is the nation 12-0. This may be the best of all of the recruiting classes Ohio state has had.. Two years from now opens Ohio states window to win a national championship with the big three along with kharchla sasso and Gallagher. Going to want blue chips that can step in right away and score points with heinselman gone. Gonzales has showed some promise but not sure he is a 125. Transfer portal may be the best option for 125. Just don’t see these two as big ten quality wrestlers that will be immediate impact guys as of now. Heck they may not even be 125 by then. Sassos senior year is when Ohio state needs to be all in with point scorers at each weight class. 125 is the weight class of most concern right now.

Jason Fair added to this discussion on December 31, 2021

Sassos senior year is when Ohio state needs to be all in with point scorers at each weight class. 125 is the weight class of most concern right now.[/quote]

Nick, I agree that Sasso’s senior year looks like a great opportunity. Heinselman still has a RS available so he could be available if he shirted next year.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on December 31, 2021

I went back and watched both of Kilkeary’s losses. I’m not concerned. The kid is built like Daton Fix and wrestles like Seth Shumate. I recall that when TR was reflecting on why they saw something special in Kollin Moore the staff spoke about his attack rate and wanting to score points. Aggressiveness as a mindset is difficult to coach, doable but tough. Kilkeary has that mindset, clearly. He looks to score, and he looks to score big. I remember Luke Pletcher referring to him as a gunslinger when he won the PIAA state tourney as a freshman. Being over aggressive sometimes gets you in trouble as evidenced by his losses. His quarterfinal loss was 2-1. A locked hands call on a crazy scramble was the difference. In his loss the the Lima CC kid he lost 6-1. A penalty point on an illegal cutback, and an edge takedown that could’ve been called in his favor honestly, put him in a 3-1 hole. An escape and a last minute desperation mixer later And his loses. He did defeat his quarterfinal opponent for fifth. If I were to identify an area for growth it might be leg attacks. I didn’t see much in the way of leg attacks during his loses.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on January 20, 2022

Zachary juxaruso is a guy Ohio state should keep on its radar. Could be a career 125 and beat two top ten kids this past weekend including number one Anthony Knox who I thought was going to be nearly unbeatable in high school. He also has a head to head win over Kilkeary. I hope he is on the buckeyes radar bc 125 is a weight of need for the future. He is now definately on the national radar and is not committed anywhere as of now as a junior. Was not ranked before this and could be a late bloomer kind of like desanto which could have a very high ceiling.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 20, 2022

Zachary juxaruso:

Where does he go to school? Is he an Ohio kid?

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on January 20, 2022

*its jacaruso. He is from Pennsylvania a junior at 113. Possibly a career 125. Ohio state seems to be going after Pennsylvania hard recently. Talent in state seems to be down as of late. He beat Kilkeary in the state semis who Ohio state already recruited. He beat Knox who has beaten everyone this year. Dominated super 32 and whose number one. impressive weekend for this young man and one I hope Ohio state keeps an eye on.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 26, 2022

Buc recruits Bouzakis & Feldman just won the National Prep Championships. Bouzakis had all pins to finals, and a 6-2 win for the title. Nick Feldman had all pins and a TF to the finals, and finished with a TF in the final. His opponent had pinned all the way to the finals, and I thought he may give Feldman a tough match, but that did not happen. Nick had a second period TF. What a beast, and they plan on RS this kid next year. Can't wait for his Buckeye debut in a couple years.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 27, 2022

I know the plan is to RS him next year but I don’t how you can. I bet he could MD Tate now.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on February 28, 2022

The guy in this class no one is talking about but should be is Luke Geog of St. Ed’s. He is having a great season and at OSU will contend for a lineup spot in the upper weights.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 28, 2022

Agree about Geog and Bucks lineup could be pretty damn good in a few years. Welch is 2023 recruit but added him in. I hope Bucks are in on younger Sasso he is having a fantastic year and will only get better.

133- Nic B.
141- Mendez
149- ?
157 Paddy
165 Carson
174 Geog
184 Welch
197 Shumate
285. Feldman

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 28, 2022

Bouzakis has a freshman younger brother and Sammy has a junior brother, I hope Bucs keep a close eye on both of them.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next