Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: OH State Tournament
Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 13, 2021

Best of Luck to those forum members who are coaching at the State Tournament.

Luke Moore - Olentangy Berlin

Ryan Dickson — Indian Lake

Anybody else?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 13, 2021

Olivia Shore just became the first female to place in the OH State Wrestling Tournament. She won 8 -2 in her placement match. What a scene that would have been at the Schott!!

Luke Moore added to this discussion on March 14, 2021

Brady,
Thank you for the well wishes. Unfortunately, we came up a match short today going 1-2. Despite the loss, it was one of the coolest things I have ever been a part of coaching Caiden Hooks, who I imagine everyone has seen the story of! Good stuff!

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 14, 2021

Quote from Luke Moore's post:

"Brady,
Thank you for the well wishes. Unfortunately, we came up a match short today going 1-2. Despite the loss, it was one of the coolest things I have ever been a part of coaching Caiden Hooks, who I imagine everyone has seen the story of! Good stuff!"

His story proves yet again why wrestling is thee greatest sport!! #anyBODYcanwrestle

Staff added to this discussion on March 14, 2021

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

"Brady,
Thank you for the well wishes. Unfortunately, we came up a match short today going 1-2. Despite the loss, it was one of the coolest things I have ever been a part of coaching Caiden Hooks, who I imagine everyone has seen the story of! Good stuff!"

His story proves yet again why wrestling is thee greatest sport!! #anyBODYcanwrestle"

Great comment Luke. And Brady, I agree. It is the greatest sport.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 14, 2021

Congrats to Coach Ryan Dickson -- aka czarbronx -- has coached his 1st state champ!!!! So happy for him!!!!

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 14, 2021

I see the two Buckeye recruits, Gallagher & Shumate, both won their state titles in convincing manner. They should have an immediate impact on the team when they arrive. Hoping we see them in the off season at some of the FS tournaments this summer, if there are any.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 15, 2021

"Brady,

I did not but do now. Wonderful story.

John Joyce added to this discussion on March 15, 2021

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"Best of Luck to those forum members who are coaching at the State Tournament.

Luke Moore - Olentangy Berlin

Ryan Dickson — Indian Lake

Anybody else?"

We had our kid Marvelous Rutledge - Stebbins D1 195lb take third. Our highest placer as a coaching staff. Couldn't be more proud, only loss on the year to Shumate in the Semis.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 15, 2021

Quote from John Joyce's post:

"We had our kid Marvelous Rutledge - Stebbins D1 195lb take third. Our highest placer as a coaching staff. Couldn't be more proud, only loss on the year to Shumate in the Semis."

I tweeted his sudden victory takedown!

Dang, man! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 15, 2021

Quote from John Joyce's post:

"We had our kid Marvelous Rutledge - Stebbins D1 195lb take third. Our highest placer as a coaching staff. Couldn't be more proud, only loss on the year to Shumate in the Semis."

Congrats John!! That is fantastic!

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 15, 2021

I watched many of the D1 matches, I was overwhelmed by the level of wrestling. Very impressive.

I also was impressed by the lack of stalling calls. When I was in HS, many moons ago, if you rode parallel on top you were almost instantly hit. I saw a lot of full, 2 minute ride-outs, without a single stalling call.

Seems like Ohio has adapted and is becoming a better mat wrestling state. This is important for the next level; if I were a college recruiter riding on top and getting out from bottom would be a pre-req to join my program.

That said - I just saw Jeremy Johnson and Cody Walters, 2 high level coaches, complain about Ohio officials and stall calls. So maybe I watched the wrong matches.

John Joyce added to this discussion on March 15, 2021

Thanks fellas! He’s a special kid and very few moments in my life can compare to watching him succeed this past weekend.

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"I watched many of the D1 matches, I was overwhelmed by the level of wrestling. Very impressive.

I also was impressed by the lack of stalling calls. When I was in HS, many moons ago, if you rode parallel on top you were almost instantly hit. I saw a lot of full, 2 minute ride-outs, without a single stalling call.

Seems like Ohio has adapted and is becoming a better mat wrestling state. This is important for the next level; if I were a college recruiter riding on top and getting out from bottom would be a pre-req to join my program.

That said - I just saw Jeremy Johnson and Cody Walters, 2 high level coaches, complain about Ohio officials and stall calls. So maybe I watched the wrong matches."

It's hit and miss. 138 Semi=finals, kid is winning 2-1 with 8 seconds left on restart and on bottom. He is hit with stalling with 2 seconds left in the match as he was just standing up. Yikes.

Dylan Fishback was seriously impressive. He won by tech fall (15-0) in finals over an undefeated Senior who I believe is going to Virginia.

I'd love to see him and Shumate wrestle.

Dillon Campbell (113 - Legacy Christian), Max Shore (120 - Miami East), Euton (145 - Westerville North). I love the 113 from Copley also - but as a Sr, he will be undersized for College, but has some nice low level attacks. Cameron Lacure has the body type of Luke Pletcher.

Just a few guys who stood out for me. Who impressed you guys?

Great thing about Trackwreslting covering the State Tournaments is that I can go back into the bracket and watch any match in all 3 divisions. Pretty cool.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next