Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Discussion Topic: Transfer Portal
Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 15, 2021

Two 149's from PSU entered today. Verkleeren and Busiello.

Interesting.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 15, 2021

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"Two 149's from PSU entered today. Verkleeren and Busiello.

Interesting."

I can think of a certain team in need of a 157.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 15, 2021

This is AB 2nd school he is leaving in 2 years first ASU and now PSU. Verk was a very good HS wrestler but hasn’t done much in college and there was a reason PSU wrestled a 141 True FR at 149 instead of Verk.

I don’t think either one of them would beat Hepner or Gallagher. But what the hell do I know.

Bucks are one of 4 schools Will is considering and is expected to make a decision soon.
133 Will Betancourt Fr. Clarion Ranked 16th at 126 his Sr. year by Flo

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on March 16, 2021

I think Paddy goes 157 next year, but I would love to give him a chance to redshirt and acclimate to college mat wrestling.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 16, 2021

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"I think Paddy goes 157 next year, but I would love to give him a chance to redshirt and acclimate to college mat wrestling."

Are Hepner or Wilcox not viable 157's in your opinion?

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 16, 2021

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

"I think Paddy goes 157 next year, but I would love to give him a chance to redshirt and acclimate to college mat wrestling."

Are Hepner or Wilcox not viable 157's in your opinion?"

I would think Hepner and Wilcox get first look at 157 and if they aren’t getting it done then they pull Paddy’s RS at some point similar to what they did with Myles a few years back.

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on March 16, 2021

Let's not forget Kinner may be back next year. I would feel better about him at 157 over anyone currently on the Bucks roster.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 16, 2021

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"Let's not forget Kinner may be back next year. I would feel better about him at 157 over anyone currently on the Bucks roster."

Very good point and would agree

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 16, 2021

Agree.

Don Bork added to this discussion on March 16, 2021

My hope is that Kinner is back next year. I think he could well be the answer at a weight we have struggled to fill with a legitimate high level competitor. A redshirt for Paddy is optimal for both he and the program long term.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 16, 2021

One question I would be asking is, with Smith and Romero being seniors next year, wouldn't you want Paddy in the lineup w/Karchla, Smith & Romero? Along with Sammy team wise?

Don Bork added to this discussion on March 16, 2021

And that is the conundrum, to wrestle him with Smith and Romero, or to allow him a year to mature and improve, so he can team an additional year with Shumate, Feldman and those coming later. Right now PSU and Iowa are the top programs and redshirt most all of their recruits.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 17, 2021

If they can get Kinner to come back I'd definitely would RS Paddy. I remember Kinner beating PSU Berge in the dual, the kid had potential, but was caught going from 133 to 157 in a short amount of time.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on March 17, 2021

In all reality what is the likelihood of Kiner even returning to school? I have no idea what his reasons for leaving were, but it has been speculated that he wasn’t even enrolled at OSU for this semester. I don’t know much, but I do know that taking a “semester” off typically results in not returning to that school for most college kids (athletes or otherwise). Additionally I think we all need to remember that Kiner’s move to 157 was necessitated out of him being squeezed out of the lineup at his normal weight, and a lack of production by Cleary. I hope I’m wrong, but I’m not optimistic that Kiner wrestled for the Bucks again. Moving forward I think we have a collection of guys currently and incoming that can make for some improved production at this weight. Both Wilcox and Hoeppner showed some flashes of productivity in their first year, but they aren’t Gallagher. I feel like the Bucks have rushed some guys out of red shirt in recent years based upon Myles Martins freshman year success. I think they’d be better served letting some of these guys acclimate. Paddy is going to be a stud for the Bucks. I think the bigger concern is 133. I’d be shocked if Gonzales was ready to roll at 133. I’ve seen nothing recent about him, and last we heard he was winning state titles in Cali at 106. There’s no 133 recruit that is signed, and Decatur’s says at 133 seem like they’re probably over, and more importantly probably should be. 133 is the immediate need for the 2021-22 season.

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on March 17, 2021

Well said, Jared.

I don’t see any path to a team title, so IMO redshirting where possible is preferred. Paddy in year 5 will potentially be more valuable than in the true freshman year. But yeah, the Myles example is out there as well.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next