Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: kharchla over Wentzel
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 13, 2021

Nice win for Carson. Wentzel is last year's NCAA runnerup and a tough hombre.

I thought D'Emilio had a nice bounce back over a solid Matthews after a disappointing Vegas.

Heinselman has slowed down his attack rate a lot from early in his career. I understand the strategy but wonder if/when he'll start pulling the trigger sooner.

Bucks continue tryouts at 157. Hepner and Hubbard have both shown they can compete in D1 but it's hard to say which one is the better option. Hubbard over Cleary is a solid victory. Cleary was never a fan favorite but I thought he worked hard to make himself into a capable D1 wrestler.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on December 13, 2021

Carson will contend for a national title this year. His biggest concern is bottom. He lost to Griffith because he couldn’t get away quick enough, and against Wentzel he sacrificed a point by choosing neutral instead of bottom.

On his feet he’s maybe the best at the weight.

Doug Gainous added to this discussion on December 13, 2021

What about how they taped up Hoffman's face? He does take blood time in every match but I've never seen that type of tape job.

Rick Wasmer added to this discussion on December 13, 2021

Carson looks great! Flo interviewed him after the match, he seems to be comfortable with where he is in the national rankings. I can't wait for Iowa!

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on December 13, 2021

Heinisman got injured against Virginia tech. Has been wrestling while injured at Vegas and last match. Tom Ryan said he needs these next few weeks off to recover to be 100 percent again. If 100 percent is bloodhound low aa imo

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 14, 2021

Quote from Nick Lecklider's post:

"Heinisman got injured against Virginia tech. Has been wrestling while injured at Vegas and last match. Tom Ryan said he needs these next few weeks off to recover to be 100 percent again. If 100 percent is bloodhound low aa imo"

That explains a lot. he looked outstanding early in season. I hope he can fully recover. He's one of the "fearsome fivesome"--Sasso, Kharchla, Heinselman, Smith and Romero. Add in Orndorff if you want.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on December 14, 2021

https://www.flowrestling.org/collections/7269632-ohio-state-inside-the-covelli-center/video?playing=7269644

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on December 14, 2021

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Add in Orndorff if you want."

You don't add in the returning AA over 3 people that were not on the podium last year?

I want. Tate is in no danger of winning a title. And the class is deep. But after the top 4 285s, Tate is in that mix.

I mean Tate is hard to watch in some ways. He is not exciting. He is certainly not exciting like watching Kyle Snyder or Tommy Rowlands (Mark must he over that man crush). But if you are putting 3 guys that didn't AA last year in the fearsome five, you need a sensational six or something to that effect.

Man that felt good ;-)

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on December 14, 2021

Tate has looked good. His fitness is in a much better place than it was last year evidenced by him attacking deep into the match against Pitt.

He is exactly the guy we had hoped for when he arrived as a transfer. He was never gonna be the type to contend with Gable and Parris, or even Cass.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 14, 2021

No...I'm not. ;-)

ps: Wait until Feldman arrives. That cat can move!

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on December 14, 2021

Saw this Feldman stat after Ironman. Trying to recap from memory, so if I'm a little off, don't sue me.

He and his opponent were in neutral for 317 seconds during his matches. In those 317 seconds, he had 32 takedowns and his opponents had 0.

THAT'S RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on December 14, 2021

To me he is a better version of Mason Paris and Mason is
an absolute stud.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 14, 2021

JLJ, Kessen...
Spot on! Agree with both of you.

Having read through the history of threads on this board more than once, I know how predictions can fall so flat. But maaaaaaan, OHST should be even better than we already are in the near future.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 16, 2021

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Add in Orndorff if you want."

You don't add in the returning AA over 3 people that were not on the podium last year?

I want. Tate is in no danger of winning a title. And the class is deep. But after the top 4 285s, Tate is in that mix.

I mean Tate is hard to watch in some ways. He is not exciting. He is certainly not exciting like watching Kyle Snyder or Tommy Rowlands (Mark must he over that man crush). But if you are putting 3 guys that didn't AA last year in the fearsome five, you need a sensational six or something to that effect.

Man that felt good ;-)"

I've never been happier to get chewed out, er, disagreed with. Welcome home, Pat Campbell!

Jared Ball added to this discussion on December 19, 2021

The Bucks have been consistent thus far into the season. I agree with everyone’s sentiments about Karchla. I’m not sure we’ve seen someone as crisp from the neutral position when it comes to getting to legs and finished cleanly in a while. Tomasello might be the closest comparison. Wentzel had no answers on his feet. Carson’s ability to put him in danger for two takedowns shows his ability to adapt with his finishes as well. Some of the national windbags seem to see his mat wrestling as a differentiator against the elite guys (negatively). Come March this weight will be an absolute gauntlet. It’s going to take someone who can win ugly. Conceivably, if he wins the Big Tens (which will be a tall order) he will still sit no higher than 3rd (at best). Quarter finals on will be must see viewing.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next