Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Ohio State v. Minnesota - February 11, 2022
Jim Kessen added to this discussion on February 11, 2022

Hubbard got pinned in extra match

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Matt Schein added to this discussion on February 11, 2022

Malik looked really good, not sure what happened with the injury time, but regardless 4 takedowns against a top 10 guy I’ll take that all day

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 12, 2022

Quote from Matt Schein's post:

"Malik looked really good, not sure what happened with the injury time, but regardless 4 takedowns against a top 10 guy I’ll take that all day"

Malik is outstanding and everyone needs to know it. He is every bit as talented as Arujau and Glory. He's just a bit undersized. That's the only thing keeping him from challenging for a NCAA title.

Malik, Carson, Grundy, Romero and Sasso are an outstanding quintet.

Props (do people still say "props") to D'Emilio. He has looked bad because he's had to wrestle murderers row in the Big Ten but he had a great game plan last night and executed. One gets the sense that Logan is having a significant impact on some of the wrestlers.

And credit to Wilcox. Lee's injury is unfortunate but he went out and took down a top 6 guy.

Bucks looked focused and determined last night.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on February 12, 2022

I liked Logan's reaction to the D'Emilio pin. Finally someone decided to use what Logan used in his 4 years of domination! Well done. Let's see it again tomorrow.

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on February 12, 2022

Bucks look to be focused heading into final month of the season. The entire lineup is well conditioned and able to compete hard for seven minutes. Heck, Malik came out gunning and scored a takedown AFTER losing consciousness.

Carson was breathing hard, but I attribute that to the two week layoff. He's fine. Minnesota's Carlson was a bad first match back. Dude is a goer.

College wrestling is cruel. Five days earlier, Rocky Jordan and Gavin Hoffman pulled off upsets over highly ranked guys to cap the win over Rutgers. Last night, Jordan couldn't complete a comeback after giving up four points on a tilt, and Hoffman put himself in a terrible spot needing a third period takedown after surrendering a point for locking hands. Those should have been wins.

I do like that Hoffman is exploring unconventional scoring opportunities such as the switch to start the second period. He's gonna have to get his points any way they come.

Wilcox may have secured 157 for the postseason. On the same night Hubbard was pinned in an exhibition, Wilcox came out swinging and scored a takedown on the very good Brayton Lee. Would have been nice to have seen that match progress, and I hope Lee's elbow is okay. Hubbard does own two wins over Wilcox this season, so who knows.

Dylan D'Emilio destroyed Bergeland, who was coming off of a win over Micic. That hop-over pin was a total testament to Logan Stieber's coaching. Glad to see D'Emilio kept his confidence high following a brutal stretch of Micic-Eierman-Lee-Rivera.

Joe Johnson added to this discussion on February 12, 2022

I think the last 2 years might be the best coaching of the Ryan era. They overachieved at NCAAs last year(smith near finalist, orndorr AA), they've become a much better dual meet team. They wrestle smarter and earlier in duals. All of this is happening with less talent than we were spoiled with in the last 10+ years. Wrestlers are improving which was an issue early on in our program. We'd have studs come in who were great from day one, but the non-studs seem to stay the speed for 2-4 years, but that has changed. Ethan Smith and Malik are great examples, and I'm hoping I'll say the same about Dylan. I assume Logan has a lot to do with this too.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2