Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Final X
Luke Moore added to this discussion on June 3, 2022

I know I sound like the old "get off my lawn" guy in my posts, but what is USA wrestling doing??? Why have this event start at 1:30 on a Friday afternoon? And then wait 6 hours for match 2? The advertisement, publicity, crowd, etc. for an event of this magnitude are awful!

I don't get it...

On another note, anyone else feel bad for Moore? He is an absolute stud and dominates the weight, until he runs into Captain America! Snyder is just on another level! Watching the second match, with 15 seconds left, Snyder continued to attack to get the tech! That is fun to watch!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Luke Moore added to this discussion on June 3, 2022

Also...

Here is the American wrestling strategy:

1- a guy or girl gets a lead and then shuts down and does nothing to try to protect said lead. They then lose for being passive!

2- a guy or girl does NOTHING until they are losing. They then don't have enough left to overcome a deficit that will allow them to win!

Both of these situations happen ALL THE TIME (JO and Cox both just allowed this to happen)! It's so frustrating to watch.

This is why a guy like Snyder (and Moore) are fun to watch. They seem to not change their strategy because their goal is to always score points!

Jack Muni added to this discussion on June 4, 2022

Why are some of the matches this week in Stillwater and the rest in NY city next week?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 4, 2022

Luke: Here's my explanation as to your strategy comments. When two wrestlers are evenly matched, you see more of the strategy in play you're pointing out. When one wrestler is dominant, it doesn't matter as much (think Snyder v Moore).
That said, I thought Jordan Oliver had the first match won and then...he didn't. He blew it by playing defense and not doing it well enough.

Most of the world sits on a lead but there is no one as desperate to score as the wrestler needing one TD with 20 seconds to go. Suddenly, they stop thinking and just go as hard as possible. It's amazing how many shots get finished late in a match that are stopped earlier because the losing wrestler stops conserving enery and just let's loose.

I'm trying to say a lot and not doing a good job.

► Add to the Discussion