Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Discussion Topic: NCAA Division I Brackets
Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 17, 2023

I watched every OU match yesterday. Those dudes battled!! Hagan didn’t have a review go his way (I thought it was a TD) and lost 2-2 to Paniro Johnson. Keller lost a 7-6 battle with Andonian. Perinne lost in of to Peyton Mocco. Hidlay TF Laytham but man — those are some brutal rd 1 draws and they were oh so close to 3 major upsets.

Those dudes were so close but nothing broke their way yesterday but was impressed with there fight.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Rob Wagner added to this discussion on March 17, 2023

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"I watched every OU match yesterday. Those dudes battled!! Hagan didn’t have a review go his way (I thought it was a TD) and lost 2-2 to Paniro Johnson. Keller lost a 7-6 battle with Andonian. Perinne lost in of to Peyton Mocco. Hidlay TF Laytham but man — those are some brutal rd 1 draws and they were oh so close to 3 major upsets.

Those dudes were so close but nothing broke their way yesterday but was impressed with there fight."

OU will have another AA soon. Hope CSU can follow suit.

Mike Stann added to this discussion on March 17, 2023

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"I watched every OU match yesterday. Those dudes battled!! Hagan didn’t have a review go his way (I thought it was a TD) and lost 2-2 to Paniro Johnson. Keller lost a 7-6 battle with Andonian. Perinne lost in of to Peyton Mocco. Hidlay TF Laytham but man — those are some brutal rd 1 draws and they were oh so close to 3 major upsets.

Those dudes were so close but nothing broke their way yesterday but was impressed with there fight."

OU will have another AA soon. Hope CSU can follow suit."

I agree with you guys that OU put on a great show yesterday despite the losses. I also thought Hagen had the TD. And I think that CSU with be following suit. This year was a bit of a disappointment after last year for CSU but I believe they are on the right track.
On another note I gave Aaron Brook the Mike Stann "kiss of death" by selecting him in my pick em contest. Seriously if OSU has only one champ I sure hope it's Kaleb. With all he's been through for injuries and his struggles early in his career the dude has turned into on tough hombre.

Freddy Carr added to this discussion on March 17, 2023

This is hard to watch on mat 7. Ouch. DD was getting worked.

Chris Thomas added to this discussion on March 17, 2023

Penn St is just different than every team in the country come tournament time. Van Ness down 6-1 through 2 periods and storms back. Beau down to one of the most stingy wrestlers in the country 1-0 with 5 seconds left and finds away to get the takedown. Cael is the best arguable ever to coach and dominates during tournament time year and year out. 10 in 12 years is astounding in a time where most sports have ultimate parity.

Haines down 6-0 true freshman comes back and pins Andonian! Beast

Last edited by Chris Thomas on March 17, 2023; edited 1 time in total

Paddy is wrestling like an AA right now!

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on March 17, 2023

Quote from Chris Thomas's post:

"Penn St is just different than every team in the country come tournament time. Van Ness down 6-1 through 2 periods and storms back. Beau down to one of the most stingy wrestlers in the country 1-0 with 5 seconds left and finds away to get the takedown. Cael is the best arguable ever to coach and dominates during tournament time year and year out. 10 in 12 years is astounding in a time where most sports have ultimate parity.

Haines down 6-0 true freshman comes back and pins Andonian! Beast"

#PizzaHut

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 17, 2023

"Penn St is just different than every team in the country come tournament time. Van Ness down 6-1 through 2 periods and storms back. Beau down to one of the most stingy wrestlers in the country 1-0 with 5 seconds left and finds away to get the takedown. Cael is the best arguable ever to coach and dominates during tournament time year and year out. 10 in 12 years is astounding in a time where most sports have ultimate parity.

Haines down 6-0 true freshman comes back and pins Andonian! Beast"

That will be more than enough of that sort of talk, thanks.

"Paddy is wrestling like an AA right now!"

What about Paddy? Thats a nice win!

Drew Taylor added to this discussion on March 17, 2023

Ethan Smith HEW? You don’t really believe that.

Nelson Brands is a tough out.

Jeff Fortman added to this discussion on March 17, 2023

It's somewhat disappointing having 1 in the semis of championship, but we are seeing some good things from the guys in the consis. Really gives some positive vibes for the future.
Feel bad for Romero, clear talent to be a national champion, just didn't work out. Lots of respect for coming back and I hope he can power through for another AA.
Penn shows again why they are who they are. They win matches they clearly should not, and in a fraction of time...

Alex Creech added to this discussion on March 17, 2023

Should\will Hoffman be back next year?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 17, 2023

I've been crazy busy with St Pat's. Bucks appear to have Sasso in the semis with Mendez, Demilio, Kharchla, Smith, Romero and Orndorf in the blood round. Is that correct?

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 17, 2023

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"I've been crazy busy with St Pat's. Bucks appear to have Sasso in the semis with Mendez, Demilio, Kharchla, Smith, Romero and Orndorf in the blood round. Is that correct?"

Yep

Mendez vs Byrd
Dylan vs Matthews
Sasso vs Parco
Carson vs NIU
Smith vs MN
Romero vs Drexel
Tate vs Schultz

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 17, 2023

Yianni was, literally, a few inches from losing to Murin. Lee looked like a meta human but not Superman.

This level is so brutal.

Gomex decked by Lemar of MI was shocking.

Buckeyes FINALLY got a call with the Ragusin td being over-turned. I was shocked because I've only seen 2 calls overturned the entire tournament.

I see the buckeyes winning a good majority of their blood round matches. D'Emillo has looked VERY good!

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next