Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Discussion Topic: Marcus Blaze
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 20, 2023

So, Rex, if I'm understanding you correctly:

Bobby Douglas taught you a worthwhile offense.

But he and his staff didn't properly evaluate your techniques in such a way as to improve critical aspects of your performance.

Also, were Russ Hellickson and company better in this regard?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Rex Holman added to this discussion on May 21, 2023

Actually Hank you bring up a good point and my frustration with how programs are run.

I was a little generous with offense. A technique of which I added a progression of techniques through trial and error and watching lots of videos.

This deserves another thread, which I will get to if I have the time.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 21, 2023

It's a fascinating topic and you've mentioned your frustrations before. I'd love to know what you figured out and when. A compare and contrast between the staff and ASU and Ohio State would be of surpassing interest to me. Obviously something improved after your transfer because you finished 3rd and 1st in the country.

But was that better coaching? Better training partners (Randleman)? Something your new staff figured out? Or was it your own discoveries which led to your improvements?

Ben Golden added to this discussion on April 20, 2024

Blaze is an absolute must-get. Best Ohio wrestler since Carr. Gotta get this one.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on April 20, 2024

Mineo tweeted Cael has already visited with Blaze twice but followed that up with saying Blaze spends a lot of time in Bucks room.

There is a juicy rumor on Bucknuts about Blaze.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 20, 2024

Quote from Jim Kessen's post:

"Mineo tweeted Cael has already visited with Blaze twice but followed that up with saying Blaze spends a lot of time in Bucks room.

There is a juicy rumor on Bucknuts about Blaze."

Can you give us a link?

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on April 20, 2024

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"

"Mineo tweeted Cael has already visited with Blaze twice but followed that up with saying Blaze spends a lot of time in Bucks room.

There is a juicy rumor on Bucknuts about Blaze."

Can you give us a link?"

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/board/101483/Contents/recruiting--108778596/?page=120

Someone posted Blaze was tOSU bound and getting $500k and his brother was transferring in.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 20, 2024

"
https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/board/101483/Contents/recruiting--108778596/?page=120

Someone posted Blaze was tOSU bound and getting $500k and his brother was transferring in."

WOW!!!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 20, 2024

I'd love the Bucks to land Blaze. I have a hard time believing that some guy on Yappi has a friend who wrestled at Ohio State who knows factually that he's been offered 500K. Regardless, if it's true, good for Marcus Blaze.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm happy to pitch in a smoked brisket if it helps.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on April 20, 2024

Better fire up that smoker, Hank, we need all the help we can get.

Tough for me to believe any wrestler gets a $500k offer coming out of high school honestly.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 21, 2024

Quote from Ben Golden's post:

"Better fire up that smoker, Hank, we need all the help we can get.

Tough for me to believe any wrestler gets a $500k offer coming out of high school honestly."

Agree but it just takes one zealous fan with deep pockets.

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on April 23, 2024

This past weekend Blaze beat Megaludis, Lilledahl (#1 2024 recruit) and Forrest (#1 2026 recruit). His style is equally effective in folkstyle, and he could likely step in this year and challenge for a title at 125 if he were allowed to.

If the going rate for 1 year of an AA is north of $100k (all indications are that it is), then it would make sense that Blaze would garner more.

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on April 23, 2024

Quote from Brian Mathews's post:

"This past weekend Blaze beat Megaludis, Lilledahl (#1 2024 recruit) and Forrest (#1 2026 recruit). His style is equally effective in folkstyle, and he could likely step in this year and challenge for a title at 125 if he were allowed to.

If the going rate for 1 year of an AA is north of $100k (all indications are that it is), then it would make sense that Blaze would garner more."

Could it be a package deal for him and his brother? Little bro helping big bro get paid to?

Brian Mathews added to this discussion on April 23, 2024

"Could it be a package deal for him and his brother? Little bro helping big bro get paid to?"

Definitely could be--if so he does fit at OSU. Paddy could bump and compete at 165, and Joey also has a RS to work with as well.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on April 23, 2024

Quote from Brian Mathews's post:

"This past weekend Blaze beat Megaludis, Lilledahl (#1 2024 recruit) and Forrest (#1 2026 recruit). His style is equally effective in folkstyle, and he could likely step in this year and challenge for a title at 125 if he were allowed to.

If the going rate for 1 year of an AA is north of $100k (all indications are that it is), then it would make sense that Blaze would garner more."

I have no actual insight for the going rates for this, but I have heard the rumors. I just find it so hard to believe that those are the going rates. Maybe I'm just an old man.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3