Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Discussion Topic: Bucks 23-24 Lineup
Rob Wagner added to this discussion on May 9, 2023

Quote from Jim Kessen's post:

"Victor just committed to Iowa so you can remove him"

I know Voinovich is an Ohio guy, but this wasn't a must-get. I think he will have a solid career but wouldn't drastically change the Buckeyes line up.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 9, 2023

How could I forget Mccrone? Good catch Jared Ball.

Bucks will have a solid lineup but the depth will be in redshirt.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on May 9, 2023

Quote from Rob Wagner's post:

"

Quote from Jim Kessen's post:

"Victor just committed to Iowa so you can remove him"

I know Voinovich is an Ohio guy, but this wasn't a must-get. I think he will have a solid career but wouldn't drastically change the Buckeyes line up."

I almost put this thought in the Shane Griffith topic but I think TR generally is going to ride with his guys rather than look at high priced transfers. I’m not suggesting the Buckeyes won’t take a Griffith. They certainly have resources. TR just seems invested in who he recruits and making them a priority.

Even if Voinovich went to TOSU, he isn’t someone coming in over someone already there. I think Sammy or Paddy wins that wrestle-off. It certainly wouldn’t be a given he beats Paddy.

On one Hawkeye forum there was some chatter of how what they are doing is disruptive to who they are able to get…and keep. Then I saw Chittum left.

As to TSUN, I couldn’t imagine being recruited, work for 2-3 years in the program, then have them pay someone to come take your place. With enough money I imagine you can get an all star team together.

. . .to maybe compete with PSU.

Go Bucks!

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on May 9, 2023

Be careful Hank. Schools can give recruits buckets of cash openly these days but the NCAA likely will frown on a free sandwich. :)

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 10, 2023

Quote from J.P. Barner's post:

"Be careful Hank. Schools can give recruits buckets of cash openly these days but the NCAA likely will frown on a free sandwich. :)"

With NIL, my assumption is I can contact an athlete and offer him some brisket if he'll attend a university of my choosing. The coaches just can't offer him the brisket.

Is that correct?

Alex Creech added to this discussion on May 10, 2023

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"

Quote from J.P. Barner's post:

"Be careful Hank. Schools can give recruits buckets of cash openly these days but the NCAA likely will frown on a free sandwich. :)"

With NIL, my assumption is I can contact an athlete and offer him some brisket if he'll attend a university of my choosing. The coaches just can't offer him the brisket.

Is that correct?"

According to NCAA guidance, no you can't. But you won't get in trouble if you do.

Jared Ball added to this discussion on May 12, 2023

What if it’s roast beef? Does that change things?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 12, 2023

Quote from Jared Ball's post:

"What if it’s roast beef? Does that change things?"

Roast Beef isn't a specific cut of meat ;)

Let's play the NIL game here at OW.Net

I was thinking I'd offer Blaze and his coaches a smoked wagyu brisket...not just a sandwich. This has serious value...at least a few hundred bucks.

We could throw in other enticements. A free concert from Rockin Mark Niemann....Some wrestling t-shirts courtesy of Brady Hiatt...What else we got?

I wish Pat Campbell were around to comment on this thread. He'd have some fun with it.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on May 12, 2023

"

Quote from Jared Ball's post:

"What if it’s roast beef? Does that change things?"

Roast Beef isn't a specific cut of meat ;)

Let's play the NIL game here at OW.Net

I was thinking I'd offer Blaze and his coaches a smoked wagyu brisket...not just a sandwich. This has serious value...at least a few hundred bucks.

We could throw in other enticements. A free concert from Rockin Mark Niemann....Some wrestling t-shirts courtesy of Brady Hiatt...What else we got?

I wish Pat Campbell were around to comment on this thread. He'd have some fun with it."

I was thinking about Pat the other day!

Remember, Hank, he still has to make weight. We don’t need a 5’5” 197.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 12, 2023

Smoked Wagyu Brisket is like spinach for Popeye.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on May 15, 2023

"We could throw in other enticements. A free concert from Rockin Mark Niemann....Some wrestling t-shirts courtesy of Brady Hiatt...What else we got?

I wish Pat Campbell were around to comment on this thread. He'd have some fun with it."

Lifetime free entries to our .Net NCAA Pick'em contest from me. :)

Jared Ball added to this discussion on July 12, 2023

Flo released an early lineup look at the Bucks. I’m not sure how deep they really dig into where guys would fall. They still had Gonsalez at 125, Mendes redshirting, and most of the other pieces that have already been speculated upon listed in the article. Hoffman appears to be the biggest unknown in my opinion. Anyone have any intel? Like Sasso, this would be his sixth year. Unlike Sasso, Gavin has essentially disappeared. January marked the beginning of the end of his season as injury seemingly derailed what looked to be a status quo season for him. I did like how his technique was coming along. He looked to be developing a pretty formidable offense. Curious what next year will look like with Geog waiting in the wings.

Nick Lecklider added to this discussion on July 12, 2023

I like that flo likes to give people something to read but they aren’t very knowledgeable about the lineup and didn’t take the time to make a complete accurate assessment.

125 they completely left out Peyton Fenton. He has beat mccrone in high school and just transferred in. Gonzales will be 133. It will be a battle of mccrone, Fenton, and kilkeary.

184 will not include grog. He is too big. Rotogotzke could challenge but unless proven immediately better will be shumate

197 will be between geog and Hoffman. Last year Hoffman looked just a step better but year two in a college room is where people make significant strides. I wouldn’t be surprised to see geog make the year two jump.

Everything else I agree with.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 12, 2023

I'm guessing that Flo emailed Coach Ryan or one of the other coaches prior to writing this article. As mentioned, it's just filler when you're speculating in July.

Jason Fair added to this discussion on July 12, 2023

I think they wrote that a few months back and then just reposted which would explain some of the inaccuracies.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next